Yugyeom (GOT7) Facts and Profile, Yugyeom’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Yugyeom (유겸)
Birth Name: Kim Yu Gyeom (김유겸)
Birthday: November 17, 1997
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Height: 183 cm (6’0″) (vLive June 2020)
Weight: 68 kg (149 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Specialties: Street dancing (krumping, house dance, popping)
Hobbies: Playing the piano
Favorite Food: Samgyupsal, Bulgogi, Chicken, Kimbab
Favorite Artist: Chris Brown
Sub Unit: Jus2
– Yugyeom said that his mother got pregnant in Saudi Arabia but he was born in Seoul. Then they moved back in Saudi Arabia because of his dad’s job and he grew up there for a while. (STAR Interview GOT7)
– Later, his hometown was Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– Family: mom, dad, 1 brother (older).
– Personality: Upbeat, always smiling and considerate
– He attended Donong Elementary School, Migeum Middle School, and later Hamlim Arts High School, majoring in Street Dance.
– He changed his major to Taekyung University, Model Department, he became a colleague with Youngjae, since he also changed his major.
– Yugyeom’s nickname is Brownie. (Got7 Ask in a Box)
– He became a JYP trainee in late 2010/ early 2011.
– He won 2nd place at the Adrenaline House Dance Battle back in 2011.
– He appeared in the web-drama “Dream Knight” (2015) alongside with the rest of GOT7 members.
– His is the youngest and the tallest member in GOT7.
– His Astrological sign is Scorpio and his Chinese sign is Ox.
– Yugyeom prayed a lot before GOT7 debuted. He prayed that they would all debut together and none of the members would be left ouside.
– He loves dancing since his childhood.
– His hobby is playing the piano.
– His favorite food is samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly), kimbap (the Korean version of sushi), bulgogi (grilled marinated beef) and chicken
– He doesn’t have a favorite movie and says he likes any movie.
– Yugyeom’s favorite colors are yellow and black (mentioned in the videos of his and Jaebeom’s collab with Ben Jones).
– His favorite type of music: R&B and HipHop.
– His favorite artists are G-Dragon and Chris Brown.
– His role model is Chris Brown.
– His motto is “Practice makes perfect. So let’s practice until the end.”
– He would love to have a duet with 15& member Baek Yerin.
– Although he is the maknae, many confuse him to be one of the oldest because of his tall height and his mature appearance.
– His mom didn’t want him to be an idol. She just wanted him to go to school and be a normal student, but he told her to just give him a chance.
– He is a hard worker and sincere about everything.
– He took part in writing and composing the song “빛이나” (See The Light) for their Flight log: Departure album.
– He took part in writing and composing the song “노잼” (No Jam) for their Flight log: Turbulence album.
– He himself wrote and composed the song “양심없이” (Don’t Care) for their Flight log: Arrival album.
– He took part in writing and composing the song 내게 (To Me) for their 7 for 7 album.
– He did a special dance stage with BTS’s J-Hope.
– Chris Brown recently followed him on Instagram.
– He speaks Korean and Japanese.
– He says that he likes to check out the pictures fans take of him and that he’s very grateful to them.
– Yugyeom has a tattoo on each side of his waist so he has 2 tattoos.
– He is friends with BTS’s Jungkook, Seventeen’s DK, Mingyu & The8, and NCT’s Jaehyun (a.k.a. ’97 line).
– GOT7‘s Bambam & Yugyeom, BTS‘s Jungkook, Seventeen‘s The8, Mingyu, DK, NCT‘s Jaehyun and Astro‘s Cha Eunwoo (the ’97 liners) are in a group chat.
– His dorm partner was BamBam (BamBam moved in his own apartment, 5 minutes away from the dorm).
– Update: Yugyeom moved out of the dorm, he invited a composer hyung to live with him as he is scared to live by himself.
– Yugyeom has a couple of tattoos.
– He won first place on “Hit the Stage” episode 10. (He competed there against other idols such as IOI’s Kim Chung Ha, Block B’s U-Kwon, Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon, NCT’s TEN, MONSTA X’s Shownu)
– Yugyeom admitted that he was jealous of BamBam when they were trainees. It was because Bam was cute and little, so he was treated differently than Yugyeom. Bam then admitted that he was also jealous of Yugyeom for the opposite reason – because he was tall and manly. They fought a lot as a trainees because of that.
– The members call Yugyeom “Hit the Stage Yugyeom” because he won the competition.
– Yugyeom’s ideal type: A girl with a wacky personality.
(Special thanks to Ma Liz, nancy idk, Jin’s my husband, wife & son, Collecting Dreams, jxnn, A Person말리, Huda Ather, AriaOfficial, ParkXiyeonisLIFE, Leeyah, Jurajil, Terezz Vernerová, 민, Katrina Mendoza, KHGSMel )
Do you like Yugyeom? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.