Jay Park Profile: Jay Park Facts, Jay Park Ideal Type
Jay Park became famous as the leader of 2PM (until 2010), then he pursued a solo career and created H1GHR MUSIC and AOMG music labels.
Jay Park’s Official Fandom Name: Jaywalkers / JWalkers
Stage Name: Jay Park (제이박)
Birth Name: Park Jae-beom (박재범)
Birthday: April 25, 1987
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 171 cm (5’7″)
Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Jay Park Facts:
– He was born in Edmonds, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan area, United States
– Education: Dankook University
– Since a young age he showed great interest in hip-hop music and b-boying.
– In 2004 he became a trainee for JYP Entertainment.
– On September 4, 2008, he debuted, as the leader of 2PM, with the song “10 Out of 10”.
– On September 4, 2009, after a huge scandal caused by a series of comments found on Jay Park’s Myspace account (from 2005) in which he was criticizing Korea, Jay returned to Seattle.
– Jay Park officially left 2PM in early 2010.
– In March 2010, he uploaded on Youtube a cover of B.o.B’s “Nothin’ on You”, which went viral, getting more than 2 mil. views in just 24 h.
– In July 2010, he released his first EP, “Count on Me” (믿어줄래). His song debuted as nr. 1 on the Gaon chart.
– In July 2010, he was chosen as the new model for Levi Strauss & Co.’s new brand, dENiZEN.
– In July 2010, he returned to South Korea and signed a contract with the Korean agency SidusHQ.
– In 2011, he released his first mini-album, “Take a Deeper Look”, which went multi-platinum in South Korea.
– He became the first artist to win a music program award on his debut stage when he won on KBS’ Music Bank with “Abandoned”.
– He also won “Record of the Year” at the 2011 Golden Disk Awards, becoming the first solo artist to release such a performance.
– In 2011 he also starred in his first Korean movie, “Mr. Idol”.
– In 2011 he joined the cast of “Immortal Songs 2“.
– In early 2012, he was chosen by KT Tech to be the official model for promoting their new smartphone, Take HD.
– In February 2012, he released his first full-length album, “New Breed”, which also went multi-platinum.
– In 2012, he had his 1st solo tour in Seoul, followed by tours around Asia and Australia.
– In 2012, he was also chosen as the new model for casual clothing brand Googims.
– In 2012, he became a permanent cast member of MBC’s “Come to Play“.
– In 2013, he also became a fixed cast member of tvN’s “Saturday Night Live Korea“.
– In April 2014, he was chosen as a dance master for Season 2 of “Dancing 9“.
– In 2015, he participated as a judge on Show Me the Money 4.
– In November 2015, he released his album “WORLDWIDE”.
– In March 2016, he released a new song titled “The Truth Is”.
– In 2016, alongside Jessica Jung (ex SNSD’s member) and other artists, he modeled for Adidas’s “Celebration of Sportswear” campaign.
– In March 2016, he also modeled for Umbro Korea’s “Reborn to Heritage” campaign.
– On October 20, 2016, he released the album “Everything You Wanted”.
– He has also featured on the April issue of “Dazed Korea” magazine.
– He has collaborated with Loco, Gray, Dean, Hoody, Jessi, Crush, etc.
– Former founder and CEO of AOMG and H1GHR MUSIC.
– He is under Roc Nation (Jay-Z’s label) for his American activities.
– He is the first Asian to sign with Roc Nation.
– He is a member of the Seattle-based b-boy crew, Art of Movement (AOM)
– He was the judge for Asia’s Got Talent for season 2 and season 3.
– His hobbies are basketball and listening to music.
– At the Korean Music Awards 2017 he won 2 awards: Musician of the Year and Best R&B and Soul Album for his 2016 album “Everything You Wanted.”
– On July 20, 2018, he released his first full English album: “Ask Bout Me” via Roc Nation.
– He would rather watch videos, write lyrics, write emails, and listen to music on his laptop than on his phone. He takes his laptop wherever he goes. (GQ Korea 2021)
– Before COVID19 he wouldn’t wear a mask even when there was fine dust because it was too stuffy, but now he always wears it. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He always wears belts, even if his trousers fit him because he thinks that it levels up the overall look. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He used to wear thick belts but now he is into slimmer belts. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He is not the type of person to buy a lot of clothes. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He always had a good vision but a few years ago his vision started to get blurry so he wears contact lenses. He says that if he doesn’t wear them it is all blurry. He thinks that wearing glasses is uncomfortable. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He wants to get LASIK surgery but he is scared of it, he thinks he will do it when he will have more time as you can’t do anything for a few days after the surgery. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He used to shave once a week but now he has to shave every morning. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He started martial arts in 2015. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He discovered UFC through his older cousin that showed him a tape of UFC when he (Jay) was in elementary school. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He now likes Korean Zombie more as a friend than a UFC fighter. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He has a habit of sucking his lips since he was young and that makes his lips dry so he uses chapstick. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He has lost his wallet 3 times as of 2021. (GQ Korea 2021)
– In the past, someone stole his wallet. (GQ Korea 2021)
– His soju necklace was made by Ben Baller. (GQ Korea 2021)
– These days he is into wine, he thinks he got into it because his parents import wine. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He doesn’t really take pictures or use his phone features but he says his phone became the networking link with other people, as he is in a lot of group chats. (GQ Korea 2021)
– If he wasn’t a celebrity, he wouldn’t have done SNS. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He doesn’t play games on his phone. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He says he is bad with devices. (GQ Korea 2021)
– He has his driving license but he doesn’t like to drive.
– During his day off he likes to watch murder documentaries. (MTV Asia Jay Park & AOMG Special| Best of Korea)
– On December 31, 2021, Jay announced via social media that he has stepped down as CEO of AOMG and H1GHR MUSIC after giving the decision a lot of thought. (Tweet)
– Jay Park’s ideal type: He said that he prefers an experienced woman. He also listed SISTAR‘s Bora as close to his ideal type.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to Emily Mc Kinney, Unicole, Jay Park Promoter, Anna Badral, Hangukse, Kati Abrucci, ♥ Olly ♥, julyrose)
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you like Jay Park? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about him. 🙂