Chanyeol (EXO) Profile and Facts; Chanyeol’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Chanyeol (찬열)
Birth Name: Park Chan Yeol (박찬열)
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: November 27, 1992
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Height: 186 cm (6’1″)
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Specialties: Playing musical instruments (guitar, drum, bass, djembe), rap, acting
Subunit: EXO-K, EXO-SC
Super Power (Badge): Fire (Phoenix)
– He was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– Family: Father, mother, older sister (Chanyeol’s sister is a news reporter).
– Education: Hyundai Chungun High School; Kyung Hee Cyber University
– At the age of 16, he was enrolled into a private acting school.
– In high school, he formed a temporary band.
– He joined SM Entertainment in 2008 through the SM Casting System.
– He was the last EXO member to be introduced. (His debut appearance was on February 23rd, 2012.)
– His nicknames are: ‘Wealthy Teeth’, ‘Happy Virus’, ‘King of Derps’.
– He calls himself ‘Reversal Voice’ because his baby face is contrasted by his deep, manly voice.
– He made a brief appearance in TVXQ’s MV “HaHaHa Song” along with members Kai and Suho
– He starred in Girls’ Generation’s MV “Genie (Japanese Version)”
– He also starred in TaeTiSeo’s Twinkle MV alongside Kai, Baekhyun, and Sehun.
– He is the one that designed EXO’s hexagon logo.
– He is always cheerful and bright.
– He says that if you’re bored and you talk to him, wonderful things will happen.
– He says that he doesn’t get angry easily, unless he loses something. Then he’ll be angry while looking for it. After he finds it though, he’ll be back to his cheerful, smiley self.
– He speaks English.
– Chanyeol had a lasik eye surgery back when he was still a trainee.
– He used to play many instruments when he was young. (Knowing Bros ep 85)
– Habit: Following the rhythm of a song with his hands
– His favorite kpop band is TVXQ.
– His favorite type of music: Hip Hop, Rap
– His favorite movie is ‘School of Rock’.
– His favorite number is 21.
– His favorite color is black.
– His favorite foods: Galbi and Tonkatsu.
– His hobbies are: Listening to music and playing instruments (he can play the guitar, drums, African drums, and bass.)
– He is a romantic person.
– He loves doing charity work. It doesn’t seem like work or a job to him. It revitalizes him and makes him feel happy.
– Chanyeol confessed he cries the most among EXO members. (Star Show 360).
– Baekhyun says that Chanyeol’s breathing is too loud, and that he makes a loud sniffling noise before he falls asleep.
– He used to share a room with Baekhyun.
– EDIT: He now shares a room with DO. and Kai (Star Show 360).
– EDIT 2: He’s having his own room now.
– He loves composing music. (He hopes that his own musical compositions will make it onto EXO’s albums one day.)
– When Chanyeol was young, he had a pet ferret. It was definitely an odd pet to have and people still poke fun at him for having one.
– EXO “Heaven” lyrics are written by Chanyeol.
– His role models are Jason Mraz and Eminem.
– He is a huge fan of 2NE1’s Dara.
– His mother owns a restaurant and his father owns a café.
– He has a dog named Toben (Based on the classical musicial Beethoven) but Toben stays with his mother.
– Though he has a dog, Chanyeol is actually allergic to fur and with dogs he can only stay an hour with them before his allergies start acting up.
– He has a studio named studio 519.
– He’s part of EXO’s beagle line with Baekhyun and Chen (the pranksters/noisiests).
– He’s also part of EXO’s chingu line with Baekhyun, Chen and D.O.
– Chanyeol is known to have “raise” Sehun since they both joined SM at the same time (Chanyeol was in high school while Sehun was in middle school).
– Chanyeol wrote the lyrics for “Sweet Lies” on the album “The Power Of Music” (The war repackage)
– Chanyeol has a soundcloud and weibo
– Chanyeol said in a fanmeeting that he lost his Weibo password (but he has a new password now!)
– He plays bowling, does snowboarding and learning basketball and golf.
– He’s also friend with Block B‘s Zico, CNBLUE‘s Jonghyun, Seventeen’s Woozi, Monsta X‘s Joohoney and actor Choi Tae joon.
– He also has a YouTube account! (He has a video… a ten months old video hahaha)
Youtube: CY Park
– He was in the variety show roommates (season 1, 2014) and law of the jungle
– In Happy Together, Chanyeol revealed that he and Suho used to have conflicts when they debuted
– He loves Coldplay
– He dreams to be in a relationship with someone who likes to cook. (He fantasizes about cooking together with the person he loves.)
– Chanyeol collaborated with Seventeen’s Woozi for a song entitled “Give Me That”.
– He acted in the movies “Salut D’Amour” (2015), “So I Married An Anti-Fan” (2016).
– He acted in the dramas “Things We Do That We Know We Will Regret” (KBS2, 2008), “To The Beautiful You” (SBS, 2012 – he had a cameo appearance), “Welcome to Royal Villa” (jTBC, 2013 – cameo), “EXO Next Door” (LINE/Naver TV Cast, 2015), “Missing 9” (MBC, 2017), “Memories of the Alhambra” (2018).
– Chanyeol’s ideal type: “Appearance doesn’t matter. I much prefer a woman who has similar music taste, likes cooking, and is honest.”
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to exo-love.com, Zana Fantasize, Olivia Dohrn, raissa s, kyungshee93, Krěë Ťika Adhikari, Zana Fantasize, Anna, Eun-Kyung Cheong, Abbygail Kim)
Go back to EXO Profile
Latest Korean Comeback
Do you like Chanyeol? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.
Make sure to read the comments below as they usually provide fun and useful facts, since we can’t possibly add all the additions in the actual post – Many thanks to all those who bring new info about Chanyeol in comments! <3