IU Profile: IU Facts, IU’s Ideal Type
IU (아이유) is a South Korean solo singer and actress. She debuted on September 18, 2008 under Kakao M (formerly LOEN Entertainment). On January 6th 2020, it was announced that IU has now signed a contract with EDAM Entertainment.
IU’s Fandom Name: Uaena (You love me)
IU’s Fandom Color: Neon/Lime Green
Stage Name: IU (아이유)
Birth Name: Lee Ji Eun (이지은)
Nickname: Nation’s Little Sister; Nation’s Sweetheart
Birthday: May 16, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 162 cm (5 ft 3¾ in)
Weight: 47 kg (103 lbs)
Blood Type: O
MBTI Type: INFP
Twitter: @lily199iu (Personal account), @_IUofficial (Official account)
Youtube: 이지금 [IU Official]
Fan Cafe: IU
– She was born in Seoul, South Korea
– She has a younger brother.
– She attended Dongduk Women’s High School.
– IU worked hard to overcome a poor background
– When she was a child, IU’s family lived in a small one-bedroom place for a year, where cockroaches roamed around.
– She was in the 7th grade when she officially decided to become a singer.
– She failed an audition at JYP but got into Loen Entertainment.
– Later, mr. JYP said that he was going to fire whoever let IU go.
– She started as a trainee for Loen Entertainment in 2007.
– She released her first album ‘Lost and Found’ on 24 September 2008.
– She’s known for being very nice to her fans. A student fan who spotted IU at a restaurant said she gladly welcomed her and gave her an autograph telling her to stay healthy and study hard.
– She is a fan of GFriend, she said before that she wants to make a comeback in the same time as GFriend so that they could promote together. (151213 IU’s concert)
– IU is best friends with Suzy and with Jiyeon of T-ara.
– Suzy’s younger brother in an interview said he’s a fan of IU.
– IU is also best friends with actress Yoo In Na, they live in the same apartment complex. (IU interview on “Hyori’s Homestay”)
– IU and Yoo In Na have a special nickname “IU In Na”. IU said that Yoo In Na is her muse and she gets inspired by her, also they take many trips together. (IU’s Palette concert)
– IU is also close to APink‘s Eunji.
– She said she was inspired by f(x)‘s Sully when she wrote the song “Peach”. “I wrote the lyrics to “Peach” while thinking of f(x)’s Sulli from a male perspective.” (me2day mobile chat session)
– She’s been rumored to date Super Junior‘s Eunhyuk. On Nov. 10, 2012, a mysterious picture was uploaded on IU’s Twitter. In the picture were IU in pajamas and shirtless Eunhyuk. She deleted the photo shortly after.
– In August 2013, she was rumored to date actor Lee Hyun Woo after a picture went viral of the two in a movie theater. Her agency explained that they’re just friends.
– IU has been appointed as the honorary ambassador for EXPO 2012 Yeosu Korea.
– She loves reading books, listening to music, and browsing internet.
– She says she wants to get a surgery for her nose, but the doctor prohibits her to do that because her nose is very low.
– IU is Kim Tae Woo’s fan. And he is the reason why IU tries to audition at JYP Entertainment.
– She is more comfortable when she is alone and gets dizzy when she’s in crowded places.
– IU said that in the past, prior to becoming a star, she had struggles with Bulimia -an eating disorder. (“Healing Camp”)
– She has many ahjusshi fans. (Older male fans)
– Instruments: Guitar, Piano, Recorder, Drums
– Her favorite color is Purple. (Interview with DINGO)
– Her favorite foods are Raw Fish and Sweet Potato.
– Her favorite number is 8.
– IU likes to eat raw liver.
– She likes a cool weather.
– She said she always thought her blood type was A, but in early 2020, when she went for a medical check-up she discovered that her blood type is actually O. (IU TV – Dec. 2020)
– She revealed that the song “Dear Name” is (so far) the hardest for her to sing.
– She participates in a reality show called ‘Hyori’s Bed & Breakfast’ alongside Lee Hyori and Lee Hyori’s husband, Lee Sang Soon.
– IU has met Chang Kiha in 2013 and started dating for 4 years but officially broken up in 2017 January due to the fact that they have been breaking up and getting back together for a while, and finally decided to call it quits permanently. They had an age gap difference of 11 years.
– IU’s ideal type: “It’s just like other people, whenever a cool person comes out on TV, my ideal type of man change.” Before she use to say Taeyang (BigBang was her ideal) “I Always Had Big Bang’s Taeyang In My Heart”
Real (리얼) | 2017 – Awards guide (cameo)
IU Drama Series:
Hotel Del Luna | tvN / 2019 – Jang Man-Wol
Persona (페르소나) | Netflix / 2019
My Mister (나의 아저씨) | tvN / 2018 – Lee Ji-an
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (달의 연인: 보보경심 려) | SBS / 2016 – Go Hae-jin/Hae-soo
The Producers (프로듀사) | KBS2 / 2015 – Cindy
Bel Ami (예쁜남자) | KBS2 / 2013 – Kim Bo-tong
You Are The Best! (최고다 이순신) | KBS2 / 2013 – Lee Soon-shin
Salamander Guru and The Shadows (도롱뇽도사와 그림자 조작단) | SBS / 2012 – Pickpocket Ji-eun (cameo ep. 6)
Dream High 2 (드림하이 2) | KBS2 / 2012 – Kim Pil-suk (cameo ep. 1)
Dream High (드림하이) | KBS2 / 2011 – Kim Pil-suk
2016 SBS Drama Awards | Best Couple Award (“Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”)
2013 KBS Drama Awards | Best New Actress (“You Are The Best!” & “Bel Ami)
2013 KBS Drama Awards | Best Couple Award (“You Are The Best!”)
2018 APAN Star Awards | Top Excellence Actress Award (“My Mister”)
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to Shein Dee Penaso, Kpop’ s Jams, Wei Ni Chua, Jeon Bora, nur farah, Chezlav Kuznetsov, Mhaye, Eun-Kyung Cheong, Kpoptrash, ANOTHER hard BTS stan, Jess Yeon, 💙Fanney💚, seoulmate, Tweeter God 😋, mai 麦, Ojasbini Lohani, asianwiki, Allita, Kaira Chang, Love Poem, Trissie Tran, squoogle⁷, Joseph Lim, kari, ariena maisarah, christina_hill7, 남규 for providing additional info.)
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you know more facts about IU? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about her. 🙂