SeoulFly Members Profile:
SeoulFly is an Korean-American duo based in Chicago, USA, formed in 2019. They made their debut with the double single, ‘SF Summer‘, on July 23, 2019.
The duo consists of TJ and JLee.
Stage Name: TJ
Birth Name: TJ Byun
Birthday: February 1, 2002
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 177.8 / 5’10”
Blood Type: N/A
– His MBTI is ENTJ.
– Hobbies: Listening to music, playing basketball & baseball, reading non-fiction.
– He have always been a fan of music, his dad was in a rock band.
– TJ was in a choir from an early age.
– He became interested in music after watching Justin Bieber‘s documentary, “Never Say Never“.
– TJ admired how JB was able to create such a large impact for millions of people around the world.
– His mother got him and his sisters tickets to see APINK in San Francisco, USA. He was originally not a huge of a fan of KPOP, but he was in awe of Eunji‘s stage presence.
– When he was watching the concert, it made him think that he himself wanted to perform live for thousands of people some day, and sing along together with fans.
– He dabble in rap music, and in his sophomore year of high school (2017), he had jokingly announced that he was going to release a song, he had zero intention of releasing anything.
– His friends had asked him where the song was, so TJ met up with a friend who was in production, and TJ released his first joke song.
– Him and Jonathan met at TJ’s hometown church in 2017, and they quickly became good friends. The kids at the church had jokingly told them to collaborate.
– TJ and JLee released a song together, ‘crime‘, which was made as a joke after a mutual friend of theirs was kicked out of a school basketball game.
– The song ‘crime‘ gained over 7000 streams on Spotify.
– For him, the best part about being an artist is seeing an idea come to its final stages. He loves being able to put his words into feelings, and send any messages he wants in music form.
– The hardest part about being an artist is being in a creative slump, having writer’s block is not a fun experience for artists.
– He finds being a duo is both easy, and very hard sometimes. However as they’re friends outside of music, they understand each other very well.
– They might disagree on a particular sound, song idea, etc. however they understand each other’s strengths and they have full trust in one another.
– His favorite KPOP groups are NewJeans, BTS, TXT, TWICE, and STRAY KIDS.
– pH-1, Eric Nam, Bang Ye Dam, SIK-K, and Park Hyun Jin are his favorite solo artists.
– His musical influences are Justin Bieber, CHASE ATLANTIC, Jay Park, Charli XCX, and Tory Lanez.
– He wants to collaborate with his musical influences, but also Warren Hue, Riven, Destroy Lonely, and SoFaygo.
– ‘Falling‘, ‘Spell‘, and ‘LONELY‘ are his favorite songs of SeoulFly.
– Favorite Songs: ‘Euphoria‘ by BTS, ‘Get Used To It‘ by Justin Bieber, ‘CALL ME BACK‘ by CHASE ATLANTIC, and ‘Body Back‘ by GRYFFIN.
– He did like to open for an artist with a similar level of energy and enthusiasm as SeoulFly.
– He would like SeoulFly to be the opening act for Glaive, The Kid LAROI, and Jay Park.
– In 5-10 years, he hopes that he’ll be pursuing music full time with JLee. Making music for a living is something he have always dreamed of. He also plans on pursuing a graduate degree.
– TJ plans to always be creating / performing music in some way or another.
– TJ’s Favorite Quote: “Fall in love with the process. Enjoy the present, and everything else will work the way it’s supposed to.”
Stage Name: JLee
Birth Name: Jonathan Lee
Birthday: September 6, 2000
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 185.4 / 6’1″
Blood Type: N/A
– His MBTI is ENTP.
– Hobbies: Playing streetball, being outdoors (hiking, etc.), listening to music, and playing chess.
– Unlike TJ, JLee doesn’t come from a musical background.
– He didn’t listen to much KPOP growing up, he started getting more into it when he started making music.
– JLee have always enjoyed listening to music, him and his brother would get excited over iTunes gift cards to they could add more songs to their collection.
– He went to a 7th / 8th grade attached to a public high school in Chicago. He used to join rap battles.
– When he was younger, he listened to a lof of Eminem, Lil Wayne, and Jay-Z. He have always admired their aggression.
– He recorded his first meme song at a summer business camp at Duke, his junior year of high school.
– Him and his friends at the camp released three horrendous songs on SoundCloud, they had lots of fun with it though.
– For him, the best part about being an artist is performing, and to share a piece of yourself with whoever is listening. Every song is personal, and to have an end product that he can be proud of is a fulfilling experience.
– The hardest part about being an artist is being in a slump (lyrically, melodically, not being to hit certain notes, etc.).
– He explained that music is often not as straight as other roadblocks, such as lack of control and difficult getting into a song that sounds catchy and relatable.
– JLee also stated that it is hard to not be obsessed over streaming numbers, followers, etc. as music is mainly digital.
– He said that the lyrics are less challenging then the sound / beat. Their song concepts tend to be relatively vroad and it allows both of them to share their own experiences and perspectives.
– If they do disagree about the beat or sound, it does become more difficult as they do have different strengths. Some of their top songs have been written in 20 minutes or less.
– His favorite KPOP groups are NewJeans, BTS, and STRAY KIDS.
– pH-1, JUNNY, LOOPY, and Jimmy Brown are his favorite solo artists.
– His musical influences are Juice WRLD, POP SMOKE, CHASE ATLANTIC, Post Malone, Polo G, SoFaygo, and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie.
– He wants to collaborate with his musical influences, but also The Kid LAROI, Warren Hue, Keshi, and Jay Park.
– ‘LONELY‘, ‘Cross my Mind‘, ‘Falling‘, and ‘When I Dream‘ are his favorite songs of SeoulFly.
– Favorite Songs: ‘Slow Down‘ by CHASE ATLANTIC, ‘Woo Baby‘ by POP SMOKE, ‘Evergreen‘ by GRYFFIN, ‘Star in Love‘ by Warren Hue, and ‘ALWAYS DO‘ by The Kid LAROI.
– He would like SeoulFly to be the opening act for Glaive, The Kid LAROI, Rich Brian, and Jay Park.
– JLee recently founded a creator-tech startup with a few other Stanford friends. He’ll be some sort of entrepreneur in the creator-tech / music-tech space.
– In 5-10 years, he also hopes to be making music full time with TJ.
– JLee’s Favorite Quote: “Fall in love with the process. Enjoy the present, and everything else will work the way it’s supposed to.”
NOTE: Please don’t copypaste the content of this page to other sites. If you want to use info from our profile, kindly put a link to this post. Thanks! – KProfiles.com
Profile Made by ST1CKYQUI3TT
( Special thanks to AEON, and SeoulFly for collaborating with me! )
Latest Release: LONELY (ft.aleebi)
Do you like SeoulFly? Do you know more facts about the artists? Feel free to comment down below.