Jin Profile and Facts; Jin’s Ideal Type
Real name: Kim Seok Jin
Birthday: December 4, 1992
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Birthplace: Gyeonggi-do Gwacheon
Height: 179 cm (5’10.5”)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Jin’s Spotify list: Jin’s GA CHI DEUL EUL LAE?
– He was born in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
– His family consists of: Dad, mom, older brother (Kim Seok Joong)
– Education: Konkuk University; Hanyang Cyber University – Films major (masters/graduate)
– Jin was an exchange student in Australia, during his middle school year.
– Jin’s nicknames are: Fake Maknae, Worldwide Handsome, Eat Jin
– In 2015 Jin was nicknamed Car Door Guy (from coming out the door and stunning fans with his visuals).
– Jin is also known as that “third guy from the left” (After BTS participated At Billboard Music Awards).
– Before being streetcast for auditions, he had been a student at Konkuk University, majoring in acting.
– He’s from a well-off family. His father is the CEO of a company.
– Bangtan members place him as the 1st in terms of visuals.
– Other members said that Jin has the longest legs in BTS.
– He’s very confident about his looks, especially about his tick lower lip and his broad shoulders.
– He revealed his shoulders are 60 cm wide.
– He is also known for his “traffic dance”.
– Jin speaks Chinese (Mandarin) and basic English.
– In the old dorm, Jin was the member usually in charge of cleaning up.
– He also likes Disney princesses.
– He is a very good cook.
– He enjoys looking at photos and recipes.
– According to the other members, he has the best body in Bangtan.
– The first ever album that Jin bought was a Girls’ Generation album.
– His favorite number is 4.
– Jin’s favorite color is blue. (According to BTS interview for J-14 Magazine from 170505). His favorite color used to be pink.
– His favorite weather is Spring sunlight.
– He started playing Super Mario when he was five years old and Maple Story in seven grade and still plays them.
– He really love Super Mario toys that he even asked his friends to buy him one.
– Jin’s habit is blinking his left eye when hungry.
– Jin winks if he meets eyes with anyone (“Knowing Bros”) He winked at Heechul (Super Junior).
– He can open a bag of chips with his feet.
– He loves eating.
– His favorite food: lobster, meat, Naengmyun (cold noodles), chicken and greasy food.
– His role model is T.O.P from BIGBANG.
– Jin favorite items are: Maple Story action figures, Super Mario action figures, Nintendo games.
– When he was younger he wanted to be a detective.
– Jin and RM used to be the least skilled dancers in BTS, but they improved a lot.
– He wears really strong prescription glasses but he doesn’t like wearing them because he’ll become insecure.
– Jin chose V as the member that he’s closest to.
– V describes Jin like Hidetoshi from Doraemon.
– For Jin, his charms is his full bottom lip.
– Jin wakes up 2 hours earlier than the rest of the members.
– Jin had a dog named JJanggu.
– He has a driver license.
– Jin can play the guitar and the piano.
– Jin likes alpacas.
– Jin is really good at snowboarding.
– Jin has a habit where if he makes eye contact with anyone for more than 3 seconds, he winks at them.
– If he’d get a day off, Jin wants to have a servant. He’d want Suga as his servant so he can order him around.
– Jin can’t watch horror movies. When he once decided to watch a horror movie during his first year in college, ended up clinging to the person next to him.
– If he was a girl, he said he would date Jimin because he is shy and someone like Jimin would help him open up and be social.
– If Jimin had to go with a member during spring he’d choose Jin because he’s funny to be with.
– Jin and Jungkook bicker a lot. A taxi driver once thought that Jungkook and Jin are twins because of their non-stop bickering.
– He likes strawberries, but he doesn’t like strawberry flavored things.
– Jin said that looking at bugs isn’t scary, but if they get on his body, that’s really scary.
– When Jin makes a dad joke the only person who doesn’t laugh is Suga.
– Jin dieted for a year, eating only chicken breasts.
– Jin used to work at a strawberry farm.
– Jin got two pets that are sugar gliders and their names are Odeng and Eomuk. He got those while searching for Suga on the Internet, but sugar gliders popped up instead.
– Update: Eomuk passed away because of an accident, but he got a new sugar glider called Gukmul. (VLive on 180905)
– He is the first idol to hit 100 million hearts on a solo Vlive.
– Jin is friends with Kidoh (Jin Hyosang) of ToppDogg. Kidoh left Big Hit Entertainment in 2012 and switched to Stardom Entertainment.
– Jin is friends with B1A4’s Sandeul. They even went to an amusement park together.
– Jin is also friends with VIXX’s Ken, Monsta X Jooheon and Lee Won Keun.
– B.A.P‘s Youngjae revealed that he and BTS’s Jin, BTOB‘s Eunkwang and VIXX’s Ken are in a gaming crew, called “The Strongest Idol”. (“Lee Guk Joo’s Young Street”)
– Moonbyul (Mamamoo) said that the 92 liner have a group chat. There is BTS’s Jin, VIXX’s Ken, B1A4’s Sanduel & Baro and EXID’s Hani. (Weekly Idol ep 345)
– Moonbyul also mentioned that Jin and Sandeul are the person who always make the chatroom interesting. (Kim Shin Young’s Hope Song Radio)
– 3 requirements for Jin happiness: money, friends, and calm/quiet place. [SKOOL LUV AFFAIR KEYWORD TALK]
– Jin sang the OST of “Hwarang” alongside V, which is Part 2 – “It’s Definitely You”.
– He was casted in Law of the Jungle in Kota Manado but left earlier than the other cast because BTS had an abroad concert that time
– In 2017 after BTS attended Billboard Music Awards, Jin got a lot of attention (internationally) for his good looks.
– In April 2018, he opened a restaurant together with his brother. The restaurant, located in Seoul, near Lake Seokchon, is called ‘Ossu Seiromushi’ and serves steamed Japanese dishes.
Other members about Jin
– Jimin: “He’s the oldest, but he likes to whine.” [After School Club]
– Jungkook: “Jin-hyung looks manly and he’s chic like a wolf but personality-wise, he’s carefree so he’s sloth-like (laughs). He’s really nice and he’s also a good cook, so we call him “granny” between us.”
– Jimin: “He’s like a grandma.”
– Suga: “A Wolf.”
– V: “Prince.”
– J-Hope: “A Princess.”
– In the old dorm Jin and Suga used to share a room (Suga said that Jin is perfect as his roommate).
– In the new dorm he has his own room. (180327: BTS’ JHOPE & JIMIN – MORE MAGAZINE MAY ISSUE)
– Jin is ranked 47th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– Jin’s ideal type is a girl whose looks and personality is similar to that of a puppy, who’s good at cooking, kind and takes good care of him.
(Special thanks to Melissa Vasquez, SeokjinYugyeomChanyeolKihyun, Confident Jin, A turtle who want to become ro, legitpotato, アビー, Kristine Belle Atienza, kuroo tetsurou, CU Merryl, Kristine Belle Atienza, The Real Otaku, rosyhobi, Eunlien, Frappuccino, Hena De la Cruz, kbatienza, Woah, Asdf, Linh Trinh, Kim Izha, KJ, army.bts, Salt, Tara, Geunhye, Taehyungs_Poem, Femeron, Rehkid, army4life)
Do you like Jin? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.