SUGA Profile and Facts: SUGA’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: SUGA (슈가) / Agust D (when solo)
Birth Name: Min Yoon Gi
Birthday: March 9, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 173.8 cm (5’8.4″)
Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
Blood Type: O
MBTI Type: INTP
Twitter account (all BTS members share 1 single twitter account): @bts_twt
Suga’s Spotify list: Suga’s Hip-Hop Replay
– He was born in Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea.
– SUGA’s family consists of: Dad, mom, and older brother (Min Geumjae).
– Education: Global Cyber University – Liberal Arts Major (bachelor).
– SUGA got his stage name from the CEO because he is pale and his smile is sweet (like sugar) and because it stands for shooting guard, like the position he plays in basketball. “Syuting gardeu” – shooting guard in hangul -> “syuga”.
SUGA: “I got name SUGA because my skin is pale, I’m pretty when I smile, and because I’m sweet.(laughs) I choose this name because I want to promote sweetly.”
– He’s in charge of fixing the things that RM breaks. He changes the light bulbs, fixes the toilet, etc.
– Members often call him “grandpa” because he sleeps all the time and can be cranky.
– He usually scolds and nags the younger members when they make a mistake.
– SUGA’s nicknames: Motionless Min because when he has free days, he doesn’t do anything and Mr. Appendix because he had appendicitis surgery in 2013 (December).
– SUGA chose to become a rapper after listening to ‘Fly’ by Epik High.
– His role model: Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Wayne and Hit Boy.
– He was an underground rapper and was in a group called D-Town.
– When he was an underground rapper he was known as Gloss cause that’s the English translation of Yoongi.
– SUGA has been making/producing music since he was 13.
– He has a driving license.
– He loves playing basketball. When he was a trainee he played basketball every Sunday.
– SUGA thought he was going to grow to 180 cm, but he stayed the same height from middle school till now. (Ask Us Anything ep. 94)
– He loves sleeping.
– He’s bad at Japanese and English.
– SUGA’s personality is quite straightforward.
– When he was younger he wanted to become an architect.
– On a vlog from 2013, he said he would want to become a DJ on a radio show.
– His hobbies are reading comics, basketball, playing games and taking pictures.
– SUGA’s motto: “Let’s live with having fun. Doing music as your hobby and doing it as work it different.”
– SUGA writes lyrics/composes songs daily. He writes lyrics even when he is in the waiting room, in the car or on the toilet.
– He wrote the song ‘촣아요’ (Like It) in under 40 minutes.
– He also produced songs for other artists. Suga produced Suran‘s chart-topping pre-release track “Wine” which has sold over 500,000 digital downloads.
– SUGA uses the alias Agust D for his solo works (“DT”, short for his birth place “Daegu Town”, and “Suga”, spelled backwards).
– He wrote and produced Agust D mixtape, which received a lot of attention.
– He can play the piano.
– When he has a problem he talks to RM because their age gap is small and they also have things in common.
– SUGA comes from a poor family. In an interview, he disclosed: “After we debuted, I went back to the dorm and sat there blankly staring. I could not believe me, a kid from a poor Daegu family would be able to make it.”
– SUGA was in a car accident and hurt his shoulder while working as a delivery boy and delivering a meal on a bike (Burn The Stage ep. 3).
– SUGA’s favorite food: Meat, Meat, and Meat.
– He speaks with a satoori accent when he’s nervous and when he cries.
– For SUGA, his charm is his eye smile.
– When asked why would he steal from the other members he said he would steal the thing that you can’t buy with money – Jungkook’s age.
– SUGA’s ideal date: “For me, just an ordinary date…… I want to watch a movie, walking and would like to eat together.”
– All the members of BTS chose SUGA as the sweetest member at Fandom School Interview.
– SUGA and J-Hope are really bad at drawing.
– When asked which member would he bring on a deserted island for 3 years, he answered Jimin.
SUGA: “Jimin. To boss around. (LOL) Just kidding. I don’t talk a lot, I’m not the fun type, but Jimin is pleasant and mature, so I think it’d work out.”
– He is called Motionless Min because on his days off he doesn‘t do anything.
– He got his driving license (BTS Run ep. 18)
– His favorite color is white.
– His favorite number is 3.
– SUGA loves taking photos.
– SUGA has a dog named Holly, who he absolutely adores.
– His favorite weather is where you can wear short sleeves at day and long sleeves at night.
– He likes to make rhymes for everyday situations/gags.
– Habits: Biting his nails. (Profile written by SUGA)
– 3 things he likes: Sleeping, quiet places, places with no people. (Profile written by SUGA)
– 3 things he dislikes: Dancing, loud places, places where there are people crowding around. (Profile written by SUGA)
– The ranking in BTS that he write: Jin = Suga > Rapmon > J-Hope > Jeongguk > V »»»»»»»»» Jimin. (Profile written by SUGA)
– He thinks his looks ranks (50) out of 100 : “Truthfully, when I see myself I think I’m ugly.” (Profile written by SUGA)
– SUGA and Monsta X’ Kihyun are close friends.
– He thinks ARMY’s who bias him are special because he doesn’t think he’s particularly talented or good looking.
– He likes chicken and likes to eat it with salt (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– When asked what his favorite ice cream flavor is, he said he likes anything fruity (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He didn’t like math in school and he said he struggled with numbers (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He prefers movies over dramas/TV Shows (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He doesn’t watch horror movies and it’s not because he can’t watch them it’s just he doesn’t look them up on purpose.
– He says he sometimes watches fans dance covers and said he doesn’t look them up on purpose and they’re usually shown to him (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He’s a fan of Bong Junho and has always liked his work (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He really likes electronic devices and usually watches reviews on them on YouTube (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– To get rid of stress he works out (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He’s currently watching Stranger Things and is on Season 3, though he can’t stay focused during it (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He says he sleeps about 5 hours a day and says he can’t stay asleep for longer than 5 hours (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He said he’d do the mint hair again if given the opportunity (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He rarely gets sick and gets a cold maybe once a year. Even if it feels like he’s getting something, he’s fine the next day (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He loves cats and watches cat/animal videos on YouTube (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He has every volume of ‘Slam Dunk’ (a manhwa/Korean comic) (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He likes MAX’s song ‘Checklist’ (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– Pre-debut, SUGA didn’t celebrate his birthday but now he does because ARMY’s always remember it and make it special (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He says he always knows when the members are about to bring in his birthday cake by the way they breathe and the expressions they give each other (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– In the old dorm, he used to share a room with Jin.
– In the new dorm he has his own room. (180327: BTS’ JHOPE & JIMIN – MORE MAGAZINE MAY ISSUE)
– SUGA is ranked 67th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– He released his 2nd mixtape ‘D-2’ on May 22nd, 2020 with the title track being ‘Daechwita’.
– It was announced on November 6th, 2020 by BigHit that SUGA finally had surgery on his shoulder on November 3rd and that he will be out of BTS’ promotions for a few months to rest.
– SUGA’s ideal type is a girl who likes music, especially hip-hop. He says he doesn’t really care about looks. He also wants a girl that can be very active when he wants to and very silent when he wants to. A girl that will always be by his side.
Other members about SUGA:
– Jin: “He likes being attached to his bed. He has a variety of knowledge and always gives help with that knowledge. I’m fascinated as to where he gets that weird knowledge from.”
– J-Hope: “Is cool. His personality is quite strong on his own thoughts. Pretends not to care when he does. Seems like he’s all over the place, but is quite careful. That kind of personality. (Ah!! Personailty where he only just shows strength ㅋㅋ)”
– V: “He really has a lot of knowledge. He’s quite cool on stage. Cool and amazing. No answer to him being lethargic.”
– Jeongguk: “He’s like a grandpa. But his passion towards music is overflooding. He also has a lot of knowledge. But he’s still a grandpa.”
– Rap Monster: “Lingers on things more than you would think. He’s really timid once you get to know him. Full of random information. Grandpa. Although he seems cool – never… no no… Wants to be loved. Likes music. Has passion and stubbornness. Says what he wants to and can say everything well in front. Has style.”
– Jimin: “He talks too much in front of you. He doesn’t hesitate, and although this is my personal thoughts, he likes being loved by the members ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to Ammsdnx, sugalover_bias, Paige Buchanan, legitpotato, Vagia Michail, Hena De la Cruz, Anupama Pant, NuraddinaVixx, darling315, Salt, Tierney Wheeler, Tara, Saseko, Samantha, Tara, julie park)
Related: BTS Profile
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you like SUGA? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below. 🙂