TAEYANG (BIGBANG) Profile and Facts:
TAEYANG (태양) is a solo singer and a member of the South Korean boy group BIGBANG.
Stage Name: TAEYANG (태양)
Birth Name: Dong Yong Bae (동영배)
Birthday: May 18, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Birth Place: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
Blood Type: B
– His MBTI is INFJ-A.
– His hometown is Uijeongbu , Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– TAEYANG’s older brother, Dong Hyun-bae is an actor.
– His stage name means Sun. He picked his own stage name.
– TAEYANG is skilled in piano playing.
– His position in Big Bang is as Main Vocalist and Main Dancer.
– TAEYANG is multi-lingual and can speak English, Japanese, and Korean.
– He has know GD since he was 12, when they began training together.
– He’s a brand ambassador for Lexus and Fendi.
– In 2010, part of his income was donated to YG Entertainment’s ‘With Campain’.
– He was a judge on MIXNINE.
– He sang the song “Louder” for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
– Initially, Taeyang and G-Dragon prepared six years to debut as a hip-hop duo GDYB. However, the plan changed and 3 more members were added.
– He had his first kiss in the MV for his first solo single “My Girl“.
– If he was a girl, and had to date another member, it would be DAESUNG.
– In May, 2008 he made his solo debut with the mini album “Hot“.
– He is in the Big Bang subunit, GD X TAEYANG.
– Him and SNSD’s Yuri went on a blind date in the past. They ended up remaining friends. (According to BIGBANG fan page on Facebook)
– In 2013, he began dating actress Jung Eunran (Min Hyorin).
– Him and Min Hyorin married on February 3, 2018, before his enlistment.
– He is a devout catholic, and has gotten several tattoos that represent his faith.
– Yakiniku (grilled meat dishes) is his favorite food.
– He has a special way of making ramyun.
– He apparently talks in his sleep.
– If he wasn’t a musician he would want to be a comedian.
– He has gone on 2 solo world tours, for his albums “Rise” and “White Night“.
– His song “Eyes Nose Lips” won the Daesang for Song of The Year at the Mnet Asian Music Awards and Golden Disc Awards.
– When preforming in Japan he goes by the stage name SOL.
– Although he’s known for his vocal skill, he actually trained to be a rapper.
– TAEYANG is known as the “Korean Prince of R&B”.
– He has won 21 total music shows as a solo artist.
-TAEYANG is a registered member of Se7en‘s fan cafe.
– He doesn’t drink alcohol very often because he does not get drunk easily.
– According to G-DRAGON, when he does get drunk he doesn’t believe he is.
– In the 6th grade he won an audition to appear in Jinusean’s music video “A-yo“.
– He became the first Asian artist to top iTunes charts in North America, with his album “Solar“.
– One of his most prized possessions is his piano, because his Mom gifted it to him.
– As a child he enjoyed listening and playing classical music. His favorite composers being Beethoven and Franz Schubert.
– He first wanted to pursue music after listening to Brian McKnight’s first album.
– Michael Jackson is one of the biggest influences of his choice style of music, R&B and Soul.
– His biggest fight with GD was over a basketball game.
– He enlisted in the military on March 12th, 2018. He returned on November 10th, 2019.
– In 2015, he was voted the third best kpop male vocalist by music industry officials.
– He has participated in the writing and composing of several of his solo and Big Bang songs.
– TAEYANG ranked 41st on TC Candler ‘s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– In November 2021, Taeyang and Hyorin welcomed their first child, a baby boy. (Source)
– He is a big fan of the show “Korean Food Table”
– He often meets with “Goon Bang” which is group consisting of Daesung, Joo Won, Go Kyung pyo and Beenzino
– He is no longer under YG Entertainment.
– As of Dec.26, 2022, he’s under the label THEBLACKLABEL.
– Taeyang’s Ideal Type: “This question has been asked too many times…’Who is your ideal type in the entertainment business?’ I really don’t have one. That’s the truth. When reporters ask me about my ideal type, I can’t answer them accurately. Even though there have been girls that I’ve really liked, I haven’t thought about any of them being my ideal type just by judging from appearances because it’s different every time. There’s no reason to complicate things any further.”
1. A large cross from his ribs and his hip.
2. A cross and a depiction of Jesus on the back of his neck and shoulders.
3. The word “Passion” on his upper chest, with the letters representing aspects of Jesus’s crucifixion.
List of Awards:
2008 Naver Music Awards: Song of The Year – “Hot”
2009 Korean Music Awards: Best R&B/Soul Song and Best R&B/Soul Album – “Hot”
Mnet Asian Music Awards: Best Male Artist – “Solar”
Korean Popular Culture & Art Awards: Minister Commendation for Culture and Tourism
2011 Korean Music Awards: Netizen’s Choice: Male Musician of the Year – “Solar”
MBN Awards: Best Album – “Rise”
Melon Music Awards: Top 10 and Song of The Year – “Rise”
Melon Popularity Awards: Mapsosa (Song Of The Week) for September 7th, 14th, and 21st – “Rise”
Mnet Asian Music Awards: Song of The Year, Best Vocal Performance-Male, and Best Male Artist – “Rise”
SBS Awards Festival: Top 10 Artist and Best Male Solo – “Rise”
Tudou Young Choice Awards: Superstar Award – “Rise”
Channel V Asian Awards: Best K-pop Song of 2014 – “Rise”
Gaon Chart Music Awards: Song of The Year (June) – “Rise”
Red Dot Design Awards: Communication Design – “Rise”
YinYuTai V-Chart Awards: Best Male Artist – “Rise”
2015 Golden Disc Awards: Digital Daesang (Song of the Year) and Digital Bonsang – “Rise”
2015 Melon Music Awards: Hot Trend Award 2015 at Infinite Challenge Festival
2016 iF Design Awards: Album Design – “Rise”
NOTE: Please don’t copypaste the content of this page to other sites on the web. If you use info from our profile, kindly put a link to this post. Thanks! – KProfiles.com
Profile Made by ♥LostInTheDream♥
( Special thanks to ST1CKYQUI3TT, KProfiles, Kdramajunkiee, Lou<3, museoftop )
Do you like TAEYANG? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment down below.