Taeyang (Big Bang) Profile, Facts, and Ideal Type
Taeyang (태양) is a solo singer and a member of the South Korean boy group Big Bang.
Stage Name: Taeyang (태양)
Birth Name: Dong Yong Bae (동영배)
Birthday: May 18, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Birth Place: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
Blood Type: B
– His hometown is Uijeongbu , Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
– His older brother, Dong Hyun-bae is an actor.
– His stage name means Sun.
-He picked his own stage name.
– Taeyang is skilled in piano playing.
-His position in Big Bang is as Main Vocalist and Main Dancer.
-He is under YG Entertainment.
– He is multi-lingual and can speak English, Japanese, and Korean.
– He has know G-Dragon since he was 12, when they began training together.
-He is a brand ambassador for Lexus and Fendi.
-In 2010, part of his income was donated to YG Entertainment’s ‘With Campain’.
-He was a judge on Mix Nine.
-Taeyang’s MBTI is INFJ-A.
-He sang a song called “Louder” for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
– Initially, Taeyang and G-Dragon prepared six years to debut as a hip-hop duo called GDYB. However, the plan changed and 3 more members were added.
– He had his first kiss in the MV for his first solo single “My Girl”.
– If he was a girl, and had to date another member, it would be Daesung.
-In May of 2008 Taeyang made his solo debut with the mini album “Hot”.
-He is in the Big Bang subunit “GD X Taeyang” with group mate “G-Dragon“.
– Taeyang and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri went on a blind date in the past. They ended up remaining friends. (According to BIGBANG fan page on Facebook)
– In 2013, he began dating actress Jung Eun-ran, better known by her stage name Min Hyo Rin.
– Taeyang and Min Hyo-rin married on February 3, 2018, before his enlistment.
– He is a devout catholic, and has gotten several tattoos that represent his faith.
– Yakiniku (grilled meat dishes) is his favorite food.
-He has a special way of making ramyun.
-He apparently talks in his sleep.
-If he wasn’t a musician he would want to be a comedian.
-He has gone on 2 solo world tours, for his albums “Rise” and “White Night”.
-His iconic song “Eyes Nose Lips” won the Daesang for Song of The Year at the Mnet Asian Music Awards and Golden Disc Awards.
-When preforming in Japan he goes by the stage name SOL.
– Although Taeyang is known for his vocal skill, he actually trained to be a rapper.
-He is known as the “Korean Prince of R&B”.
-He has won 21 total music shows as a solo artist.
-He is a registered member of former YG soloist, Se7en‘s, fan cafe.
-He doesn’t drink alcohol very often because he does not get drunk easily.
-According to G-Dragon, when he does get drunk he doesn’t believe he is.
-In the 6th grade he won an audition to appear in Jinusean’s music video “A-yo”.
-He became the first Asian artist to top iTunes charts in North America, with his album “Solar”.
-One of his most prized possessions is his piano, because his Mom gifted it to him.
-As a child he enjoyed listening and playing classical music. His favorite composers being Beethoven and Franz Schubert.
-He first wanted to pursue music after listening to Brian McKnight’s first album.
-Michael Jackson is one of the biggest influences of his choice style of music, R&B and Soul.
-His biggest fight with G-Dragon was over a basketball game.
– Taeyang enlisted in the military on March 12th, 2018.
– He was discharged on November 10th, 2019.
-In 2015, he was voted the third best kpop male vocalist by music industry officials.
-He has participated in the writing and composing of several of his solo and Big Bang songs.
– Taeyang ranked 41st on TC Candler ‘s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– Taeyang’s Ideal Type: “This question has been asked too many times…’Who is your ideal type in the entertainment business?’ I really don’t have one. That’s the truth. When reporters ask me about my ideal type, I can’t answer them accurately. Even though there have been girls that I’ve really liked, I haven’t thought about any of them being my ideal type just by judging from appearances because it’s different every time. There’s no reason to complicate things any further.”
1. A large cross from his ribs and his hip.
2. A cross and a depiction of Jesus on the back of his neck and shoulders.
3. The word “Passion” on his upper chest, with the letters representing aspects of Jesus’s crucifixion.
Taeyang’s Solo Discography (Not Including Promotional Singles or Live Albums)
1. Hot-Album (May 22nd, 2008)
Title Track: “Only Look At Me” and “Prayer” (feat Teddy)
2. Where U At-Single (October 15th, 2009)
3. Wedding Dress-Single (November 13th, 2009)
4. Solar-Album (August 12th, 2010)
Title Tracks: “I Need A Girl” and “I’ll Be There”
5. Solar International Album-English Album (August 26th, 2010)
6. Ringa Linga-Single (November 8th, 2011)
7. Rise-Album (June 3rd, 2014)
Title Tracks: “Eyes Nose Lips” and “1AM”
8. Rise [+Solar and Hot]-Japanese Album (August 12th, 2014)
9. White Night-Album (August 16th, 2017)
Title Tracks: “Darling” and “Wake Me Up”
10. White Night (Japan Version)-Japanese Album (January 10th, 2018)
List of Awards Received by Taeyang
For His Album “Hot”
2009 Korean Music Awards: Best R&B/Soul Song and Best R&B/Soul Album
2008 Naver Music Awards: Song of The Year
For His Album “Solar”
2011 Korean Music Awards: Netizen’s Choice: Male Musician of the Year
2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards: Best Male Artist
For His Album “Rise”
2014 Channel V Asian Awards: Best K-pop Song of 2014
2014 Gaon Chart Music Awards: Song of The Year (June)
2015 Golden Disc Awards: Digital Daesang (Song of the Year) and Digital Bonsang
2016 iF Design Awards: Album Design
2014 MBN Awards: Best Album
2014 Melon Music Awards: Top 10 and Song of The Year
2014 Melon Popularity Awards: Mapsosa (Song Of The Week) for September 7th, 14th, and 21st
2014 Mnet Asian Music Awards: Song of The Year, Best Vocal Performance-Male, and Best Male Artist
2015 Red Dot Design Awards: Communication Design
2014 SBS Awards Festival: Top 10 Artist and Best Male Solo
2014 Tudou Young Choice Awards: Superstar Award
2015 YinYuTai V-Chart Awards: Best Male Artist
2010 Korean Popular Culture & Art Awards: Minister Commendation for Culture and Tourism
2015 Melon Music Awards: Hot Trend Award 2015 at Infinite Challenge Festival
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. Please do respect the time and effort the author put in compiling this profile. If you need/want to use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thank you.
Profile Made By ♥LostInTheDream♥
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you like Taeyang?Do you know more facts about him?Feel free to comment down below.