Jiyeon Profile: Jiyeon Facts and Ideal Type
Jiyeon (지연) is a South Korean singer, actress, and member of the girl group T-ara. She debuted as a singer in July 2009 with T-ara’s single “Lies”, and as a soloist in 2014 with “Never Ever”. As an actress, she debuted in 2009 with the crime horror drama series “Soul”.
Stage Name: Jiyeon (지연)
Birth Name: Park Ji Yeon (박지연)
Chinese Name: Park Ji Yeon (朴芝妍)
Birthday: June 7, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 165 cm (5’4″)
Blood Type: AB
Weibo: JIYEON2____ / 朴智妍工作室
VLive: Ji Yeon
YouTube: JIYEON official / 지연 JIYEON
– Born in Seoul, South Korea.
– Previously went to Seoul Arts High School, Hyehwa Girls High School and Lila Art High School (Because she debuted at a young age, she frequently moved from one high school to another. Which resulted in her to not have any close friends when she was at school).
– Her favourite colours are black and mint.
– Despite her fierce and cool image, she is a ‘pabo’ in real life.
– She has a carefree personality.
– She knows how to ride a skateboard and scooter.
– She doesn’t exercise to keep in shape.
– Her life role model is her mom.
– Her idols are singers Lee Hyori and G-Dragon.
– The well-known dance coach in Korea, Bae Yoonjung, once praised Jiyeon as an idol with the best dance lines.
– She loves action movies.
– She says she’s honest and speaks straightforwardly.
– She used to eat tteokbokki with friends after school.
– Her favorite dish is Seolleongtang.
– For her solo album debut, she wanted to have a boyish and manly look.
– She doesn’t care a lot about clothes and things she wears.
– Beside IU, she is also close to actress Yoo In-na. They were all cast members of the SBS’s program ‘Heroes’ (2010) alongside KARA’s Nicole, Fin.KL‘s Lee Jin and etc.
– She appeared in TVN’s On and Off, and IU made a guest appearance. Both of them attempted to recreate their tteokbokki dish 8 years ago, which they succeeded.
– Yoo Seungho was once her ideal type until his ‘cool guy’ image shattered.
– In 2008, she participated in the SMART Model Contest alongside EXO’s Chanyeol.
– When she was young, her dream was to become a Taekwondo master. She mentioned that if she didn’t become an idol, it was very likely she will teach people Taekwondo.
– Some of her favourite tv shows are “Reply 1994”, “Sherlock” and “Gossip Girl”.
– One of her favorite dramas is “My Love from the Star” (she even memorized Cheon Song-yi’s line).
– When it comes to acting, she likes to figure out the distinct personalities and attributes of the character she portrays.
– Her must-have products are Sisley Essence, Jo Malone Orange Blossom Perfume, and Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (As of 2014).
– She didn’t have a stunt double in T-ara’s “Cry Cry” drama mv, and even though she did everything by herself, she found it fun after the filming ended.
– She became a fan of actor Cha Seung-Won after watching the drama “The Greatest Love”.
– When T-ara members were revealed, Jiyeon was noted as a “look-a-like” idol due to her resemblance to Kim Tae Hee. This resulted in many malicious comments written under her name until she starred in the drama “Master of Study” where she received positive comments for her character.
– During the filming of the movie “Death Bell 2” she was taken to the hospital.
– During T-ara‘s tour in Japan, a dancer broke Jiyeon’s nose with her elbow.
– She appeared in Korea’s Running Man in Episode 55.
– She also participated in MBC’s ‘My Celeb Roomies’ as actor Oh Changseok’s roommate. (August 2017)
– She dated actor Lee Dong-gun in 2015 and they broke up in 2016.
– In 2021 she was appointed as MC for beauty program “Beauty Time” Season 3, with Yerin (former member of GFriend) and Choa.
– She signed a contract with ANB Group on February 18, 2022.
– Ideal type: A friendly and kind person. Just being kind is enough for her. She also likes sophisticated guys. In another interview when asked about her ideal type she said ” I really like Lee Chun-Hee sunbaenim. I have already sent him 5~6 video messages expressing my feelings, but haven’t gotten any replies. I wish I could get even one reply. “
Gnomeo & Juliet | 2011 – Juliet (voice)
Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp (고사 두 번째 이야기: 교생실습) | 2010 – Se-Hee
Imitation (이미테이션) | KBS2 / 2021 – La Lima
Next Door Witch J (옆집 마녀 제이) | Viki / 2021 – Seo Je-Yi
I Wanna Hear Your Song (너의 노래를 들려줘) | KBS2 / 2019 – Ha Eun-Joo
My Runway (마이 런웨이) | MBC / 2016 – Han Seo Yun
Triangle (트라이앵글) | MBC / 2014 – Sung Yoo-Jin
Dream High Season 2 (드림하이 2) | KBS2 / 2012 – Rian (a member of idol girl group HershE)
Miss Ripley (미스 리플리) | MBC / 2011 – Yuwoo
Jungle Fish 2 (정글피쉬 2) | KBS / 2010 – Yool
Master of Study (공부의 신) | KBS2 / 2009
High Kick! 2 (지붕 뚫고 하이킥) | MBC / 2009-2010 – pretty high school student/cameo 44
Soul/Possessed (혼) | MBC / 2009 – Yoon Doo-na
Ae-ja and Min-ja (애자 언니 민자) | SBS / 2008 – Maeng Na-Yeon
Lobbyist (로비스트) | SBS / 2007 – Deaf Daughter’s friend
Hello! Miss (헬로! 애기씨) | 2007 – Student
profile made by ♡julyrose♡
(Special thanks to AsianWiki, t-araworld.net, Miyo Chan, WJ_Queen’s!)
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
Latest Korean comeback:
Do you like Jiyeon? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment down below.😊