Kara Members Profile 2017: Kara Facts, Kara Ideal Type
Kara consisted of 4 members: Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara and Youngji. Kara debuted in 2007 under DSP Media. Kara disbanded on January 14, 2016.
Kara Fandom Name: Kamilia
Kara Official Fan Color: Pearl Peach
Kara Members Profile:
Birth Name: Park Gyu Ri
Stage Name: Gyuri
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Sub-Rapper
Birthday: May 21, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 160 cm (5’3″)
Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs)
– She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– She is forgetful, she often forgets things from the past and also the lyrics of her favorite songs.
– A psychologist said that Gyuri’s personality is more like a guy’s than a woman’s.
– KARA’s members voted Gyuri as the most embarrassing member to be with, especially because she would often say that she is pretty or that Kara members are pretty.
– Her parents are very supportive and respect her personal decisions.
– Gyuri’s afraid of heights.
– Nicole said that Gyuri can never gets tired of looking at herself in the mirror.
– Gyuri is acting in “Lovers In Bloom” (2017).
– Gyuri’s ideal type: “My ideal type is the same as when I was younger. It’s actor Jung Jae Young. He has a manly, macho charm, while still having a humorous image. [He has] the image of someone that would [offer a] hug when I’m having a hard time. To be honest, my father is my ideal type and [Jung Jae Young] seems very similar to him.”
– She was born in Seoul, South Korea
– Before going on stage she is very nervous and often has a stomachache.
– She went to High School in the U.S. before she started pursuing a singing career, she Graduated from Tenafly High School (New Jersey)
– She looks up to Yoo Seungjun and Park Hyoshin. She blushes when mentioning their names.
– Seungyeon doesn’t like that fact that she looks much younger than her actual age.
– She loves watching anime.
– Her hobbies are: Reading, listening to music, taking care of their homepage, watching the fans’ reactions, tricking Nicole by teaching her wrong things in korean, making random sounds.
– She acted in the Korean drama ‘Hello, My Twenties!’ (2016)
– Seungyeon’s ideal type: is “someone who is manly, but has a physical appearance of a soft guy.”
Birth Name: Goo Ha Ra
Stage Name: Hara
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Face of The Group
Birthday: January 13, 1991
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 164 cm (5’5″)
Weight: 43 kg (94 lbs)
– She was born in Gwangju, South Korea
– Her favorite dishes are: the Korean dishes especially Kimchi jjigae, Rice, Meat
– Her best friend is Girls’ Generation’s Jessica
– If Hara had not become a singer, she would have wanted to be a flight attendant. However, Hara was not tall enough to be a flight attendant so she gave up on it.
– Hara has 4 close aunts, 10 younger cousins and other older cousins.
– She always keeps a letter from her favorite aunt in her wallet, because it gives her strength.
– Hara gets stomachache very often. Jiyoung said that while eating, Hara often turns to her saying “Jiyoung-ah, unnie’s stomach is hurting so bad”.
– She is really straightforward. She says whatever she thinks and that’s why sometimes she is misunderstood as arrogant.
– Hara’s ideal type: “I don’t exactly have an ideal type. As long as they love me, it’s good.”
Birth Name: Heo Young Ji
Stage Name: Youngji
Position: Lead Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: August 30, 1994
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– She used to be a trainee under Core Contents Media
– She has a sister.
– She’s good at cooking and she loves eating salad wraps.
– She’s been in New Zealand for two years.
– Her favorite color is red.
– She loves playing sports and she said she played soccer, volleyball, ice skating, and more.
– Her father works in a café.
– She was a cast of the reality show “Roommate 2” where she got a lot of attention for always bickering with GOT7’s Jackson.
– Youngji appeared in VIXX’s “Error” music video.
– Youngji’s ideal type: “I have liked Kim Soo Hyun since I saw his acting in ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun.’”
Birth Name: Kim Sung Hee
Stage Name: Sunghee
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: May 17, 1989
– She is married to Yang Won Joon in May 2011
– Her favorite flower are roses
– Her mother was also an OST singer
– She officially left Kara on 29 February 2008 upon her father’s wish. She wanted to focus on school, as it was a promise to her parents.
Korean Name: Jung Yong Joo
English Name: Nicole Jung
Stage Name: Nicole
Position: Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist
Birthday: October 7, 1991
– She was born in Los Angeles, California, United States
– She is very honest, that’s why she hates people who tell lies the most.
– She’s a member of the one time sub unit Dazzling RED with 4Minute’s Hyuna, SECRET’s Hyosung, After School’s Nana, & SISTAR’s Hyorin
– She loves to cook.
– Her best friends are SHINee’s Key & Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun.
– Nicole’s ideal type: “I like guys who can take care of girls.”
Birth Name: Kang Ji Young
Stage Name: Jiyoung
Position: Vocalist & Maknae
Birthday: January 18, 1994
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
– She was born in Paju, Gyeonggi, South Korea
– She always wanted Hara to be her blood sister since Hara always takes good care of Jiyoung.
– She sang Girls’ Generation’s song “Kissing You’ for her audition to be in DSP Media
– She thinks that her hands are really big and she is embarrassed by it.
– She is cousin’s with NS Yoon-G
– She often makes all sorts of noises when she sleeps.
– She’s a member of the one time sub unit Mystic WHITE with 4Minute’s Gayoon, SECRET’s Sunhwa, After School’s Lizzy, & SISTAR’s Bora
– Jiyoung’s ideal type: She picked “funny guys” as her ideal type.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
Latest Korean comeback:
(Special thanks to Yanti, Dara Yee, Leila Soriano, Meizie Negrite, KPOP LOSER, Mei Yamanaka)
Who is your Kara bias? Do you know more facts about them? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about them. 🙂