Kai (EXO) Profile and Facts; Kai’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Kai (카이)
Birth Name: Kim Jong In (김종인)
Position: Main Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Sub Rapper
Birthday: January 14, 1994
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Height: 180 cm (5’11″)
Weight: 67 kg (148 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Specialties: Dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop, popping, rocking)
Sub Unit: EXO-K
Super Power (Badge): Teleportation
– He was born in Suncheon, South Jeolla Province/Jeollanam-do, S. Korea.
– Family: Father, mother, 2 older sisters (one 9 years older and another 5 years older)
– Education: Seoul Arts High School
– MBTI type: INFJ
– He was cast into SM Entertainment after winning the company’s Youth Best Contest in 2007.
– He was the first member of EXO-K to be introduced.
– He appeared in 13 EXO teasers before the group finally debuted.
– His dance specialties include Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Popping and Locking.
– His nicknames are ‘Kkamjong’ (it literally means “dark Jong,”) and ‘Dark Skin’
– He’s got several nicknames over the years: Asia’s first love (for his solo performance “Deep breath” in Japan, Sun-kissed boy (due to the beautiful golden colour of his skin), Idol’s idol (since a lot of idols pick him as their role model, Olympics secret weapon (after his solo stage at the Opympics), Subway angel (after his photoshoot for “Big Issue” which he did for free to help the homeless), K-Pop’s sharpest dancer (by the editor of Lined magazine)
– Personality: Though some people may consider him cold and arrogant judging by his stage persona, he’s actually kind-hearted, quiet, shy and very gentle
– At ‘Party People’ Beakhyun said that in real life Jongin is more like a little shy girl and he behaves more like a maknae than Sehun
– Kai has the shortest temper out of all of the members.
– He has a habit of often biting his lips
– His hobbies are dancing, reading books and listening to music.
– His favorite type of music: R&B and Hip Hop.
– His favorite movies are “Billy Elliot” and “Pirates of The Caribbean”
– He loves playing video games.
– His favorite foods are: fried chicken and roast duck.
– His favorite number is 1.
– His favorite colors are: Black, Red, Sky Blue
– He’s good at all types of games.
– Kai didn’t like drinking coffee. In a more recent vLive he has started liking the taste of coffee and that he’s drinking it more nowadays.
– When EXO is on break, Kai likes to go biking, read a book, listen to music, dance, go online, and surf YouTube videos.
– He says he likes plying soccer even though he’s not as talented as Xiumin or Luhan in the sport.
– He says that out of all of the EXO members, he is the best at memorizing football players’ names.
– Kai is friends with SHINee‘s Taemin, BTS’s Jimin, Wanna One/HotShot’s Sungwoon, HotShot‘s Timoteo, and VIXX’s Ravi.
– He made a brief appearance in TVXQ’s MV “HaHaHa Song” along with members Suho and Chanyeol
– He made a cameo in Taetiseo’s Twinkle MV with Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
– He acted in the Korean dramas: “To The Beautiful You” (2012) – as EXO-K member, “Andante” (2017).
– EDIT: He now shares a room with DO. and Chanyeol (Star Show 360).
– EDIT 2: He’s having his own room now.
– His role model is Michael Jackson.
– He says that if he wasn’t in EXO, he probably would’ve been a ballet dancer.
– He likes tapping people’s shoulders.
– He doesn’t like to be disturbed when he’s sleeping.
– He likes quiet music (Star Road Ep 6)
– To get rid of stress he usually works out (Star road ep6)
– Kai loves working, he is a workaholic (Star Road Ep. 6)
– His favorite EXO album is Exodus (Star Road ep6)
– He dislikes raw oyster (Star Road ep6)
– Nowadays his nieces, his nephews, his family, his fans and work make him happy (Star Road Ep 6)
– Kai says that one of his favorite memories while being in EXO is when they volunteered at the Red Cross. (There they cleaned and played with the kids who had disabilities. He wants to keep on doing charity work in the future.)
– He says that some people consider him blunt and chic, while others consider him to be cute like a puppy.
– He says that he wants to treat others well, but he’s awkward when it comes to expressing his feelings.
– He says that as long as people love him, he’ll return that love with double the amount.
– He wouldn’t take the initiative to approach a girl, but he’ll slowly try to get to know her.
– Kai was in a relationship with Krystal of f(x) since march 2016.
– On June 01, 2017 SM Entertainment has confirmed that Kai has officially ended his relationship with Krystal.
– He’s starred in the Japanese drama “Sping has come” and in the Korean Drama “Miracle That We Met” (2018).
– Everyone says that he looks like a bear and he accepted this fact and now wears clothes with bears on them, calls himself a bear and his fanclub name is erigoms, where ‘gom’ means ‘bear’.
– At ‘Party People’ Beakhyun said that in real life Jongin is more like a little shy girl and he behaves more like a maknae than Sehun, so yeah.
– His issue of the magazine “Big Issue” beat its record in sales since its creation and numerous homeless people thanked him and EXO-L’s who bought the magazine for their contribution.
– When he was a child, his mother liked him with long hair, and because of this hairstyle a lot of people used to mistake him for a girl.
– During the episode on “Ask me anything” he mentioned that he refused to eat with D.O. at first, as he felt uncomfortable because of his glaring (which happened to be due to D.O’s near-sightedness). However, they became very close in a matter of days and are now extremely close.
– Kai is the face of a campaign with Levi’s “Live in Levi’s”
– He loves dancing with all his heart and if he hadn’t become an idol, he would have become a ballerino.
– He auditioned at SM because his father promised to buy him a nintendo (he mentioned that on “Ask us anything”)
– Kai has three dogs: Monggu (poodle), Jjanggu and Jjangah (toy poodles).
– His sister owns a cafe ‘Kamong’ and Jongin draws designs for cups and stuff.
– Every time he has a chance to speak he wishes everyone to be happy as he thinks this is the most important thing in the world. During his latest interview for L’Officiel Hommes he said the world “happiness” thirty-two times.
– He had a solo stage at the Olympics closing ceremony (on the 25 February).
– He appeared on Yummy Yummy (with Sehun), Hello Counselor (with Lay), Happy together (with Taemin), The Return of Superman (with baby Taeoh who is said to look like him)
– On May 7, 2018 Kai’s father passed away due to chronic illness.
– He’s been chosen as the best dancer in K-pop by idols for three years in a row.
– He acted in the web dramas “Choco Bank” (2016), “First Seven Kisses” (2016)
– He acted in the Korean dramas “Andante” (2017), “Miracle That We Met” (2018)
– He acted in the Japanese drama “Spring Has Come” (2018)
– Kai is ranked 51st on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– On January 1, 2019 it was revealed that Kai is dating Jennie from Black Pink.
– On January 25, 2019 SM Entertainment confirmed that Kai and Jennie broke up, in order to focus on their personal careers.
– He is part of SuperM.
– Kai officially debuted as a soloist on November 30, 2020.
– Kai’s ideal type is someone like Han Yeseul. Someone who is gentle and affectionate.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly give credits to this page. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to exo-love.com, Abhilash Menon, Shiii, Husna zulkefli, kyungshee93, Krěë Ťika Adhikari, Nell Zywert, jojosad, Iris Princess Neko, Tzortzina, Ila Ramzy, Jennie MinPark)
Korean Solo Debut:
Do you like Kai? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.