JUN (SEVENTEEN) Profile and Facts:
JUN (준) is a member of the boy group, SEVENTEEN under PLEDIS Entertainment.
Stage Name: JUN (준)
Birth Name: Wen Junhui (文俊辉)
Korean Name: Moon Jun Hwi (문준휘)
Position: Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist
Birthday: June 10, 1996
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Hometown: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Height: 182 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
Blood Type: B
MBTI Type: ESFP (2023 – taken by himself) / INTP (2022 – taken by the members) / INFP (2019 – taken by himself)
Sub-Unit: Performance Team
Jun’s Spotify list: Jun’s Chinese song recommendations
– He was born in Shenzhen, Guangdong China.
– JUN was the second member to be introduced and formerly called, ‘Jerry.’
– When he was 2 years old, his parents got divorced and he remained with his mother.
– His mother remarried when Jun was 8 (he actually played the matchmaker).
– He has a younger brother (half-sibling), named Wen Fengjun (nicknamed Yangyang) who is 10 years younger than Jun.
– Education: Buji Senior High School
– He was a trainee for 2 years and 7 months.
– He says many Chinese students love kpop and that’s how he became curious about it and moved to Korea.
– JUN was a child actor in China.
– He is known for looking like Super Junior’s Heechul.
– JUN speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean.
– He said it was good to learn Korean but the pronunciation was very hard for him.
– JUN is good at martial arts.
– He participated in martial arts competitions and received many medals as a child.
– JUN did Wushu.
– As a teenager, he had injured himself on the waist during a martial arts competition. He didn’t want to worry his parents about it, so the injury was discovered late, and JUN was diagnosed with spinal tuberculosis.
– The treatment process for his tuberculosis took around 10 months and still affects his dancing today, as he’s stiff around his waist/hips.
– He is good at Kung Fu and acting.
– Between dressing up or dressing down, he prefers dressing up.
– His hobbies are acting, singing, martial arts, playing the piano, reading and playing on the phone.
– He likes spicy foods and sour foods.
– His favorite foods are Dakbokkeumtang (braised spicy chicken), Gomtang (Oxtail soup), hotpot and Luosifen.
– He loves lemon gummies.
– JUN doesn’t like plain white rice, so he often gives his share to Woozi.
– He doesn’t really like cow blood sausage.
– JUN can’t eat eggplant. (Seventeen One Fine Day ep 3)
– His favorite colors are Black and White.
– His favorite animal: cat.
– JUN likes to read books.
– He likes to hide a lot of Chinese and Korean snacks in his bag. He doesn’t eat them all at once, but eats them many times but the members eat all his snacks sometimes.
– Jelly snacks are his favorite (He especially likes 2+1).
– He can play the piano.
– JUN admires NU’EST’s Ren.
– He likes to sing Chinese songs but he feels a little shy singing them in front of the members.
– According to SEUNGKWAN, JUN is known as the mother of the group.
– He ranks himself third most handsome in the group.
– His shoe size is 270mm.
– He mentioned he sleeps with his eyes open sometimes and that it scares the members if they happen to walk by. (“The Collaboration”)
– His role models are Zhoumi and Henry because he wants to receive a lot of love from China and Korea like them. He wants to be an all-round entertainer and show the nice images of SEVENTEEN to Chinese people.
– JUN and THE8, who left their loved ones in China to pursue their dreams in a foreign country, do not see SVT as work, but rather, as their own family.
– JUN is friends with Pentagon‘s Yanan, NCT’s Chenle, Renjun, Lucas and Xiaojun.
– His stage name JUN came from his real name Junhui.
– The meaning behind his real name is that Moon means ‘good at studying’, Jun means ‘handsome’ and Hui means ‘i can do better’.
– He thinks he has the stereotypical Gemini personality (fickle, awkward). His emotions change frequently, and sometimes he feels like there’s another person inside of him. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He’s everyone’s ‘alarm.’ He’s good at waking up early, so eventually, it just became his responsibility. JUN wakes up about 10 minutes earlier than everyone else, so he tells them, “It’s about time to wake up~” but SEUNGWKAN and DK, who are notorious sleepyheads, are always troublesome to wake up. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He likes being at ease at home, and he spends time reading fantasy novels and playing games.
– It depends on the day, but his standard style is casual. Sometimes, he tries a hip-hop style like THE8 or VERNON, and other times, he tries to copy JOSHUA’s stylish vibe.
– After someone gets to know him, he’s often told, “Your image is different~” (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– In China, he was a child actor from the age of 3, but he fell into a slump as he wasn’t sure if he wanted to continue down the path. It was at this time that he was scouted and he’s thankful for that fateful encounter.
– “A human’s life is long. Try out the things you’re interested in! If you do that, I think you’ll be able to grow naturally.” (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– JUN is rank 81st on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2016”.
– He is in the Chinese show “The Collaboration” along with THE8 and Samuel.
– JUN, SEUNGKWAN, and DINO used to share a room. (Dorm 2 – which is upstairs, floor 8th)
– Update: As of June 2020, in the dorm, he has his own room.
– JUN enjoys cooking shabu-shabu for his members (SVT In the SOOP)
– He released the digital single, ‘PSYCHO‘ on July 4, 2023.
– JUN’s ideal type of girl is someone who looks pure. He also likes sexy girls.
Note: Source for the 1st MBTI results: Going Seventeen – September 9, 2019 – the members took the test themselves. Source for the 2nd MBTI results: Going Seventeen – June 29, 2022 – the members took the test for each other. Since some people complained that the 2nd test may not be as accurate, we kept both results. Jun updated his MBTI to ESFP in May 2023 (Source).
(Special thanks to ST1CKYQUI3TT, pledis17, woozisshi, Dani (@w00zis on twitter), jxnn, Amanda Roy, qwertasdfgzxcvb, that1004hair, Wimmer, Alex Diamora, kookiesensei, CHIWON)
Do you like JUN? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.