Park Gyu-young Profile and Facts
Park Gyu-young (박규영) is a South Korean actress. She stars in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (사이코지만 괜찮아) and Sweet Home (스위트홈). [Photo: Elle, 2021]
Name: Park Gyu-young (박규영)
Birthdate: 27 July 1993
Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
Blood Type: —
Management: SARAM Entertainment
Management Profile: esaram.co.kr/en/parkgyuyoung
Park Gyu-young Facts:
– Education: Busan Foreign Language High School, Yonsei University (Clothing and Textiles).
– She took the College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) twice and commenced her tertiary studies in 2013.
– She featured as a model in a 2015-November issue of the student magazine 대학내일 (lit. University Tomorrow).
– JYP Entertainment contacted her after seeing her in the magazine. (News 1)
– She was curious about acting and eventually signed with JYP Entertainment. As she progressed as a trainee, she became more serious about it. (ibid.)
– She is embarrassed when she is praised for having attended prestigious schools. She doesn’t think that she studied very well, but was just lucky in exams. (ibid.)
– She debuted in 2016, featuring in Jo Kwon‘s “Crosswalk” (횡단보도) MV. She also made her drama debut in 2016, featuring in the web drama series Touching You (널 만질거야).
– She left JYP Entertainment and signed with SARAM Entertainment in August 2019.
– She speaks English.
– She does ballet.
– She is not good at drinking. (Sportschosun)
– In her own assessment, she is not good at singing. (YTN star)
– As a person, she wants to be someone who has “positive energy”, someone who others can feel comfortable around. (ibid.)
– As an actress, she wants to be remembered as one who can fit into any role, and she wants to do this for a long time, amongst other things. (Naver/Sports Donga)
– She considers actor Oh Jung-se to be the “mood-maker” on the set of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (사이코지만 괜찮아) and added that she would work with him again if she has the opportunity. (Naver/Edaily)
– She is afraid of bugs, “hates them all”. (Netflix)
– Her scene in Sweet Home (스위트홈) episode 1 playing the bass was done without a stand-in. She took lessons for 3 months. (ibid.)
– When asked to choose only one food to survive on, she couldn’t decide between cheeseburger and tuna kimbap. (1stLook)
– Ideal Type: In the context of discussing the characterizations in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, she said, “I seem to be more attracted to people who like me. I like people who are trustworthy and friendly. So Lee Sang-in [played by Kim Joo-hun] was my ideal type, and it was so much fun.” (Sportschosun)
Park Gyu-young Dramas:
Dali and Gamjatang (달리와 감자탕) | 2021 | Kim Dal-ri
The Devil Judge (악마판사) | 2021 | Yoon Soo-hyun
Sweet Home (스위트홈) | 2020 | Yoon Ji-soo
It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (사이코지만 괜찮아) | 2020 | Nam Joo-ri
The Nokdu Flower (녹두꽃) | 2019 | Hwang Myung-shim
Romance is a Bonus Book (로맨스는 별책부록) | 2019 | Oh Ji-yul
The Third Charm (제3의 매력) | 2018 | On Ri-won
Drama Special Season 9: The Tuna and the Dolphin (참치와 돌고래) | 2018 | Kang Hyun-ho
Life on Mars (라이프 온 마스) | 2018 | Daughter
Miss Independent Ji-eun (세상 잘 사는 지은씨) | 2018 web series | Kim Ji-eun
Queen of Mystery 2 (추리의 여왕2) | 2018 | Jang Se-yeon
Rain or Shine (그냥 사랑하는 사이) | 2017 | So-mi
Drama Special Season 8: The Love of a Buzz Cut (까까머리의 연애) | 2017 | Ji-yool’s sister
Drama Special Season 8: Kang Deok Sun’s Love History (강덕순 애정 변천사) | 2017 | Na Aae-hyang
School of Magic (마술학교) | 2017 | Woo-ri
Fight for My Way (쌈 마이웨이) | 2017 | Joo Man’s intern
Suspicious Partner (수상한 파트너) | 2017 | Park So-young
Solomon’s Perjury (솔로몬의 위증) | 2016 | Baek Hye-rin
Bring It On, Ghost (싸우자 귀신아) | 2016
Touching You (널 만질거야) | 2016 web series | Café Customer
Park Gyu-young Films:
Love+Sling (레슬러) | 2018 | So-young
Wretches (괴물들) | 2018 | Ye-ri/Bo-young
Park Gyu-young Shows:
Nemo Travel: Southern France | 2019
Nemo Travel: A Trip to Western Australia | 2018
Park Gyu-young MVs:
“I Will” (잘할게) | Lee Seung-gi – 2020
“As I Wished” (뜻대로) | Urban Zakapa – 2018
“You’re the Reason” (이 밤이 특별해진 건) | Urban Zakapa – 2018
“I Like You” (좋아합니다) | Day6 – 2017
“Remains” (고스란히) | Kwak Jin-eon – 2017
“Crosswalk” (횡단보도) | Jo Kwon – 2016
Profile by bongjoi.
Note: Please do not copy and paste the content of this webpage onto other websites or other platforms on the web. If you use the info from our profile, then please kindly include a link to this post. Thank you.
Do you like Park Gyu-young? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment below and please include the corresponding source(s).