Yukiko Okada Profile & Facts
Yukiko Okada (岡田 有希子) was a Japanese singer who was active from 1983 to 1986. She made her debut with the single “First Date” (ファースト・デイト).
Stage Name: Yukiko Okada (岡田 有希子)
Birth Name: Sato Kayo (佐藤佳代)
Birthday: August 22, 1967
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Birthplace: Ichinomiya, Aichi, Japan
Blood Type: O
Okada Yukiko Facts:
– While in junior high, she wanted to become a singer.
– She was rejected from every place she auditioned at.
– She was accepted to a TV talent program, Star Tanjō and won in March of 1983.
– For her audition at Star Tanjō, she sang Kitahara Sawako’s “MY BOYFRIEND”.
– In the final of the competition she sang Akina Nakamori’s “Slow Motion”.
– Her debut song written by composer and singer Mariya Takeuchi who is known for writing “Plastic Love”.
– Her fans nicknamed her Yukko.
– She won the Rookie of the Year in 1984.
– She won best new artist at the 26th Japan Record Awards.
– She made her acting debut in 1985 playing the lead role in the drama “Kinjirareta Mariko (The Forbidden Mariko)”.
– She starred in the drama “Sanada Taiheiki” (1985) as Kikuhime and also “Kaguya-hime Tonde Hatsutaiken” (1985) as Miru / Hinako.
– She sang the theme song for the drama “Kaguya-hime Tonde Hatsutaiken (かぐや姫とんで初体験)”.
– She designed one of her own dresses for a concert.
– She went to high school with Honda Minako, Minamino Yoko, Morina Miharu, Tanaka Kumi and Okamura Yukiko.
– She loved ice cream.
– She loved to read manga.
– She often practiced ballet.
– She liked star earrings and seen them as lucky.
– Her favourite colours were pink and yellow.
– She was known to wear thick glasses in private.
– Her known catchphrases were “I’ll always be with you, ok?” and “I’m the little princess who comes from a wonderful land.”
– She sadly passed away at the age 18 due to suicide on April 8, 1986.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! – Kprofiles.com
Profile made by museoftop
Do you like Yukiko Okada? Do you know any more facts about her? Feel free to comment down below.