Go Min-si Profile
Go Min-si (고민시) is a South Korean actress. She stars in Sweet Home (스위트홈) and Youth of May (오월의 청춘). [Photo: Mystic Story]
Name: Go Min-si (고민시)
Birthdate: 15 February 1995
Birthplace: Daejeon, South Korea
Nationality: South Korean
Blood Type: AB
Management: Mystic Story
Management Profile: www.mysticstory.net/artist/min_si_ko
Go Min-si Facts:
– She wrote, co-directed and played the lead role in the short film Parallel Novel in 2016, winning the SNS 3Minute Film Festival.
– She had concerns about delivering her lines in her first drama My Sassy Girl, so she repeatedly listened to the lines from some period dramas. (Showbiz Korea)
– In elementary school, she used to buy TVXQ posters and put them up at home.
– She wanted to be an actress since she was young and grew up dreaming by watching actor award ceremonies rather than dramas and films, but thought it was an unrealistic dream. (ibid., Ten Asia)
– She worked as a wedding planner for about two years, but she ultimately wasn’t happy.
– At 21 years of age, she moved to Seoul to become an actress and lived off her savings for one year. After that, she worked at a coffee shop in Yeouido.
– She considers her relatively dark complexion, low-toned voice and eyes to be her attractive features.
– She wants to be an actress who arouses curiosity. (Ten Asia)
– For her first role in the web series 72 Seconds, she did her own makeup and mostly bought her own wardrobe. (Vogue Korea)
– For the filming of the egg-eating scene on the train in The Witch (마녀), she ate three trays of eggs and had to throw up after the shoot. (ibid.)
– She gained weight to about 58 kg for The Witch. (Insight)
– She then lost about 13 kg, cutting down to 45 kg for Sweet Home. (ibid.)
– She practiced for 7 months for the scene in which she is ballet dancing on the roof in Sweet Home. (Netflix)
– She continues to do ballet and she also does yoga. (Dazed Korea)
– Favorite sweet snack: truffle potato chips and chocolate. (Cineplay)
– Truffle potato chips was introduced to her by Park Gyu-young. (ibid.)
– Favorite snack: Turtle Chip (꼬북칩).
– People often mishear her given name. (ESQUIRE Korea)
– She always carries lip balm and hand cream in her bag.
– When it comes to fashion, she focuses on shoes since she likes shoes.
– Best three films she recommends: 1. Comrades: Almost a Love Story (甜蜜蜜) 2. Kramer vs Kramer 3. Pulp Fiction. (ibid.)
– Comrades: Almost a Love Story is her favorite film because Maggie Cheung’s acting is moving and the film is helpful to her acting. (Marie Claire Korea)
– She likes the works of author Kim Ae-ran.
– She likes retro music and listens to Cho Yong-pil and Sanulrim.
– Favorite fruit: semi-dried persimmons.
– She likes lattes. (ibid.)
– She likes hibiscus tea. (TEO)
– She likes calabash rice cakes. (ibid.)
– She likes pizza.
– When asked to choose only one food to survive on, she chose kimchi fried rice. (1stLook)
– She prefers lighter beverages rather than sweet fruit drinks. (Singles Korea)
– She prefers ramen with egg (as opposed to without) and kimchi.
– If she had to choose between going without food or sleep for one day, she would rather go without food.
– On her day off, she prefers to stay home and rest, usually binge-watching dramas or films. (ibid.)
– She “really enjoyed” filming Sweet Home. (Allure Korea)
– She is friends with Park Gyu-young and Lee Do-hyun.
– She would like to publish a collection of short stories in her 40s. (Vogue Korea)
– She would like to produce and direct another film someday. (ibid.)
– She is interested in interior design. (Cosmopolitan Korea)
– She used to like her long hair. When she had it cut short for Sweet Home 2 and 3, she felt awkward but got used to it and “likes short hair much more now”.
– When asked [in August 2023] what role she would like next: a melodramatic or romantic comedy role since her roles for the past 4 or 5 years have involved being covered in blood. (ibid., W Korea)
– In an interview in August 2023, she stated that she recently started learning swimming. (W Korea)
– She was worried about her relative inexperience when filming Smugglers (밀수) but made many memories with the cast, including having six meals a day and walking on the beach on a rainy day.
– When on a diet, she eats baked and dried sweet potato or chestnuts.
– Her favorite flower is the Juliette Rose. If she ever gets married, she would want them in her wedding bouquet.
– In the past, she dreamed of having a fancy wedding and inviting lots of people. But now, she would rather just have a small and simple wedding.
– She doesn’t know how to rest well. She has a lot of thoughts since inspirations are important to her and her work. She would see films or listen to music when on holiday and feels it’s a “perfect” holiday if she gets inspirations.
Ideal Type: “When I see people who are good at their work, I feel that they are more likable.” (ibid.)
Go Min-si Dramas:
Alone in the Woods (아무도 없는 숲속에서) | TBA | Yoo Seong-ha
Sweet Home 3 (스위트홈 3) | TBA | Lee Eun-yoo
Sweet Home 2 (스위트홈 2) | 2023 | Lee Eun-yoo
Jirisan (지리산) | 2021 | Lee Da-won
Youth of May (오월의 청춘) | 2021 | Kim Myung-hee
Love Alarm 2 (좋아하면 울리는 2) | 2021 | Park Gul-mi
Sweet Home (스위트홈) | 2020 | Lee Eun-yoo
Secret Boutique (시크릿 부티크) | 2019 | Lee Hyun-ji
Love Alarm (좋아하면 울리는) | 2019 | Park Gul-mi
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (하늘에서 내리는 일억 개의 별) | 2018 | Im Yoo-ri
Live (라이브) | 2018 | Oh Song-yi
Welcome to Waikiki (으라차차 와이키키) | 2018 | Lee Min-ah
Meloholic (멜로홀릭) | 2017 | Joo Yeo-jin
Age of Youth 2 (청춘시대 2) | 2017 | Oh Ha-na
My Sassy Girl (엽기적인 그녀) | 2017 | Seon-kyeong
72 Seconds: Season 3 | 2016 web series | Stranger
Go Min-si Films:
Smugglers (밀수) | 2023 | Go Ok-bun
Set Play (세트플레이) | 2020 | Yoo-seon
The Battle: Roar to Victory (봉오동 전투) | 2019 | Hwa-ja
The Witch: Part 1 – The Subversion (마녀) | 2018 | Do Myung-hee
Cheese in the Trap (치즈 인 더 트랩) | 2018 | Female junior
Parallel Novel (평행소설) | 2016 | Woman (also Screenwriter and Co-director)
Go Min-si Shows:
Running Man – Ep. 474 | 2019
Go Min-si Awards:
2023 Blue Dragon Film Awards | Best New Actress (Smugglers)
2023 Buil Film Awards | Best Supporting Actress (Smugglers)
2021 KBS Drama Awards | Excellence Award – Actress in a Miniseries (Youth of May)
2021 Asia Contents Awards | Newcomer Actress (Sweet Home)
2019 SBS Drama Awards | Best New Actress (Secret Boutique)
2018 Korea Best Star Awards | Popular Star Award (The Witch)
2016 SNS 3Minute Film Festival | Grand Prize (Parallel Novel)
Go Min-si MVs:
“Make Love” | GRAY (feat. Zion.T) – 2021
“Frame” | Yoon Jong-Shin – 2018
“Sign” | Thunder (feat. Koo Ha-ra) – 2016
Profile by bongjoi.
(Sources: CQ Korea, Showbiz Korea, Ten Asia, Vogue Korea, Insight, Dazed Korea, Cineplay, ESQUIRE Korea, Marie Claire Korea, TEO, 1stLook, Singles Korea, Allure Korea, Vogue Korea, Cosmopolitan Korea, W Korea.)
Note: Please do not copy and paste the content of this webpage onto other websites or other platforms on the web. If you use the info from our profile, then please kindly include a link to this post. Thank you.
Do you like Go Min-si? Do you know more facts about her?
Feel free to comment below and please include the corresponding source(s).