Jung So Min Profile: Jung So Min Facts and Ideal Type
Jung So Min (정소민) is a South Korean actress under Jellyfish Entertainment. She made her acting debut in 2010.
Stage Name: Jung So Min (정소민)
Birth Name: Kim Yoon Ji (김윤지)
Birthday: March 16, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 165cm (5”)
Weight: 47kg (104lbs)
Blood Type: A
Jung So Min Facts:
– She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– She has a younger brother.
– Jung So Min attended the Korea National University of Arts.
– She has no double eyelids and got puffy eyes.
– She learned ballet from elementary school to middle school.
– However, her parents were against it and so she began learning traditional Korean dance in high school.
– She started gaining attention when she made her acting debut in 2010, with a sub-role in the TV series “Bad Guy”.
– She then got her first leading role in “Playful Kiss”.
– Due to her busy schedule at that time, the thing she wanted to try the most was sleeping all day long.
– Jung So Min took a short break in 2011 to concentrate on her studies at the University.
– In 2013, the actress left her agency Bloom Entertainment and joined SM Culture & Contents.
– In 2014, she played a self-centered heiress who falls for the protagonist in “Big Man”.
– She got a sub-role in the coming-of-age film “Twenty” and leading roles in the horror-romance film “Alice: Boy from Wonderland”, as well as the disaster-medical-drama “D-Day”.
– In 2016, she starred as the female lead in “The Sound of Your Heart” opposite Lee Kwang Soo. The web drama was a huge success in China and gained over 100 million views on Sohu.
– Jung So Min starred in KBS’ weekend family drama “My Father is Strange” in 2017.
– In June 2017, So Min left SM Culture & Contents and signed with the management agency Jellyfish Entertainment.
– In August, she confirmed her appearance in tvN’s romantic comedy series “Because This Is My First Life” alongside Lee Min Ki, she also sang the OST for the series, called, “Because You’re Here”.
– When asked how many similarities So Min and her character in “Because This Is My First Life” are sharing, she revealed that although she bears many similarities to her character in the drama, they are quite different when it comes to relationships. She shared: “When I date in real life, if there’s something that bothers me, I’m the type to talk it out through conversation. I think everyone has a different way of handling things.”
– She then quoted a line from the drama that goes “Marriage should be between two adults.” So Min: “It made me think that I want to get married once I’m certain that I can take responsibility for someone else.”
– A character from the drama, which is closest to her ideal type in real life, would be Ma Sang Goo (played by Park Byung Geun). Jung So Min also revealed that she’d like to see “Because This Is My First Life” return for a second season.
– In 2018, she was cast in the drama “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes”.
– In January 2018, it was confirmed that Jung So Min and her co-star Lee Joon (Former MBLAQ Member) have been dating since October 2017.
– Jung So Min‘s Ideal Type: “I like guys with dark skin tone, and small eyes.” She once mentioned K.will as her ideal type, however, it recently changed to Gong Yoo.
Jung So Min Movies:
Golden Slumber (골든 슬럼버) || 2018 – Yoomi
Daddy You, Daughter Me (아빠는 딸) || 2017 – Won Doyeon
Alice: Boy from Wonderland (앨리스 : 원더랜드에서 온 소년) || 2015 – Hyejung
Twenty (스물) || 2015 – Somin
Worst Friends (최악의 친구들) || 2009 – Mang
Jung So Min Drama Series:
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (하늘에서 내리는 일억개의 별) || 2018 – Yoo Jinkang [tvN]
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim? (김비서가 왜 그럴까?) || 2018 – young Miso’s mother [tvN]
Because This Is My First Life (이번 생은 처음이라) || 2017 – Yoon Jiho [tvN]
My Father is Strange (아버지가 이상해) || 2017 – Byun Miyoung [KBS2]
The Sound of Your Heart (마음의 소리) || 2016 – Choi Sangbong / Aebong [KBS2]
Red Teacher (빨간 선생님) || 2016 – Jang Soondeok [KBS2]
D-Day (디데이) || 2015 – Jung Ddolmi [JTBC]
Big Man (빅맨) || 2014 – Kang Jinah [KBS2]
Miss Korea (미스코리아) || 2014 – Gas station attendant [MBC]
Came to Me and Became a Star (나에게로 와서 별이 되었다) || 2013 – Hajin [KBS2]
Can We Get Married? (우리가 결혼할 수 있을까?) || 2012 – Jung Hyeyoon [JTBC]
Standby (스탠바이) || 2012 – Jung Somin [MBC]
Playful Kiss (장난스런 키스) || 2010 – Oh Hani [MBC]
Bad Guy (나쁜 남자) || 2010 – Hong Mone [SBS]
Jung So Min Awards:
2017 31st KBS Drama Awards || Netizen Award – Female (“My Father is Strange”)
2017 31st KBS Drama Awards || Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama (“My Father is Strange”)
2017 1st The Seoul Awards || Best Supporting Actress – Drama (“My Father is Strange”)
2016 30th KBS Drama Awards || Excellence Award, Actress in a One-Act / Short Drama (“Red Teacher”)
2016 15th KBS Entertainment Awards || Best Couple Award with Lee Kwangsoo (“The Sound of Your Heart”)
2012 12th MBC Entertainment Awards || Best Newcomer in a Comedy Sitcom (“Standby”)
2011 6th Asia Model Festival Awards || New Star Award
2010 29th MBC Drama Awards || Best New Actress (“Playful Kiss”)
2010 18th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards || Best New Actress for TV (“Bad Guy”)
2010 2nd Korea Jewelry Awards || Topaz Award
Profile made by @abcexcuseme (@menmeong & @broken_goddess)
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
Do you know more facts about Jung So Min? Feel free to comment below. 🙂