J.Y Park Profile; J.Y Park Facts
J.Y Park is a South Korean singer-songwriter, record producer, actor, record executive, and reality television show judge. He debuted in 1994 with the album Blue City.
Official Fandom Names: The Asiansoul and Soulmate (x)
Stage Name: J.Y Park
Birth Name: Park Jin-young (박진영)
Birthday: December 13, 1971
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height: 185 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 78 kg (171 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
Personal Instagram: asiansoul_jyp
Entertainment Instagram: jypentertainment
YouTube: J.Y. Park
J.Y Park Facts:
– In 1997, he became the founder and CEO of JYP Entertainment, one of the most profitable entertainment agencies in South Korea.
– In 2011, Jung Wook took over as the CEO for JYP while J.Y Park still continues to hold the owner and founder positions.
– He has created and managed highly successful K-pop acts including Rain, Wonder Girls, GOT7, and TWICE.
– He attended Yonsei University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in geology in 1996.
– He has an older sister.
– In 1999, he married Seo Yoon-jeong. In March 2009, they announced their divorce.
– On October 10, 2013, he married a woman who is nine years younger than him.
– On January 25, 2019, his first daughter was born and on March 09, 2020 he announced the birth of his second daughter on Instagram.
– He can play the piano.
– Birthplace: Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, South Korea
– In 2004, Park ventured into the U.S. music industry, and became the first Asian producer to successfully cross over to the U.S., producing music for Will Smith, Mase and Cassie.
– In 1997, he was tasked by EBM (now SidusHQ) with preparing the members of its project idol group for debut. The five-member group was eventually called g.o.d and debuted two years later. The group was a complete success and therefore gained him the reputation as a “hit maker”.
– In May 2008, he collaborated with Jackie Chan to form the “I Love Asia” Project, prompted by the earthquake tragedy in China.
– While he was in college, he released his first two albums
– In October 2009, he became the first Korean songwriter, with RAINSTONE, to enter the Billboard Hot 100 Chart with the Wonder Girls hit single “Nobody” which landed at 76.
– In 2015, he participated in the Infinite Challenge Yeongdong Expressway Music Festival, forming a duo called Dancing Genome with comedian Yoo Jae-suk and releasing the song ‘I’m So Sexy’.
– On February 10, 2011, songwriter Kim Sin-il filed a lawsuit against J.Y Park, claiming that “Someday”, sung by IU and composed by Park, plagiarized Kim’s song “To My Man”
– On February 10, 2012, the Seoul Central District Court ruled that “Someday” was plagiarized from Kim’s song, and ordered Park to pay 21.67 million won ($18,205.08) in damages to Kim.
– He appeared in Twice‘s Knock Knock ‘MV’ and Wonder Girls‘ Nobody ‘MV’.
J.Y Park Movies:
A Millionaire on the Run (백만불의 사나이) | 2012 – Choi Young-in
Queen of the Night (밤의 여왕) | 2013 – Locksmith
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
profile by kpoopqueenie
(Special thanks to: Choi Lin Ji, jenctzen, Ren García)
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you like J.Y Park? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below. 🙂