Irene (Red Velvet) Facts and Profile, Irene’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Irene (아이린)
Birth Name: Bae Ju Hyun
Birthday: March 29, 1991
Zodiac sign: Aries
Height: 160 cm (5’3″) (Official) / 158 cm (5’2″)(Approx. real height)*
Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Sub-Unit: IRENE & SEULGI
– She was born in Daegu, South Korea. She came to Seoul during her 3rd year of high school, in order to be a performer.
– Family: Parents, younger sibling
– Her nicknames are: Cabbage (Baechu), Mother, Hyun-ah, Grandma
– Her designated color is pink.
– Her representative animal: Cat (Happiness to #Cookie Jar), Rabbit (Summer Magic onwards)
– Her representative fruit: Red-flesh Watermelon
– Her representative weapon: Axe
– Her representative drink: Pink Island Ice Tea (Ingredients: Red-flesh Watermelon, Pink Ukulele, Red Hibiscus flower)
– Specialties: Acting, Rapping
– She was casted in 2009 through public audition.
– Her nicknames are: Baechu, The 2nd Tiffany, Hyun-ah.
– She was a part of the predebut team SM Rookies.
– Irene studied at Haknam High School.
– She was close with f(x)’s Amber when they were trainees.
– Her favorite artist is BoA.
– Her hobbies are dancing, cooking seaweed soup for the members’ birthdays.
– She was in Henry’s “143” MV and SHINee’s “Why So Serious”
– Irene doesn’t eat chicken. “When I was young, I fell sick after eating chicken. So, I don’t eat it.” When she eats chicken, her head extremely hurts and she turns pale. She believes her body just doesn’t accept it.
– She also dislikes coffee.
– Irene normally doesn’t eat vegetables and she only eats them when they are in soups. (EYE CONTACT CAM)
– Her favorite color is purple.
– Many of the trainees thought Irene to be scary because she didn’t speak much. Because her Daegu dialect was so strong, she would just say “hello” and walk by others.
– Since then, she has fixed her accent and only speaks with the dialect when she’s speaking on the phone with her mom or overly excited. Others say that she was scary to approach because she was so pretty.
– When she was a trainee, she never dyed her hair and only kept it a pitch black.
– Irene was a member of an forum cafe for people dreaming of being an idol predebut.
– Reason for becoming a performer: enjoyed singing and dancing very much and really likes the feeling of being on stage.
– From May 1, 2015 to June 24, 2016, Irene hosted KBS Music Bank with model Park Bogum.
– On October 14, Irene became a host of OnStyle’s fashion show Laundry Day.
– In the same month, she became a panelist on the KBS show Trick & True with band mate Wendy.
– Her favorite movie is “The notebook”.
– Irene made her acting debut with webdrama ‘The Female Employees of a Game Company’ as female lead A-reum.
– She like quiet and comfortable music. She also likes rock and ballads.
– Her favorite number is 43 , the reason being 143 can mean ‘I Love You’
– Her specialty is modern dance.
– She can imitate Doraemon.
– Irene is friends with Sehun of EXO.
– Irene’s co-members call her “Eomma”. (Red Velvet second time guesting in Weekly Idol)
– Because of her sensitive sense of smell, she will often keep around nice fragrances to help.
– She also enjoys going to Ttukseom Island at Han River where she will sit on a mat at night to meditate and talk to herself about little things concerning life or go to Bukchon district 8 to do sightseeing and even visit the folk museum.
– Naturally very flexible (ranks the highest in flexibility in Red Velvet with 28cm while last place measured 15cm).
– She admits being insecure of herself and will often ask people around her if she has done well or not.
– Her preferred type of fashion is something comfortable and clean. Like a loose shirt and regular bottoms.
– She usually doesn’t rely on people, she works to become an unnie that the kids can rely on instead.
– She always works things out on her own by sorting out her own thoughts and embracing the new things presented to her.
– Since she was young, she was never good at telling other people her stories or problems.
– Because she is a person that doesn’t regularly express herself, she uses the stage to take that opportunity. She says she’s the type that believes it’s important for her to feel her emotions when on stage and being able to express herself in that way is important.
– It was pointed out that she seems happy with trivial things in life and she admits that lately, she does realize that.
– Her favorite way of relieving stress is to create mind maps to organise her thoughts.
– She collects notes, journals and anything that is purple.
– She claims that she has a habit of clinging to others by linking arms and holding hands.
– Her stage name, Irene, comes from Greek mythology, meaning “goddess of peace.”
– She has acrophobia.
– She likes literature. She is also strict about grammar and spellings.
– Joy says that Irene is shy and can appear cold but is really warm and kind once you get to know her.
– Irene is close with Mamamoo’s Solar.
– Irene really wanted to go to Wendy’s house in Canada, she mentioned it in many shows as her dream destination.
– Irene has a very good luck while Wendy has a very bad luck. (As seen on every videos/shows they attend, Irene would always win while Wendy always loses).
– In April 20 2015 Irene was chosen to be the new female MC together with Park Bogum in KBS2TV’s Music Bank.
– Irene ranked #71 on the list of “The Most Beautiful Faces of 2016”.
– Irene ranked #55 on the list of “The Most Beautiful Faces of 2017”.
– Irene is ranked 41th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018”.
– She used to share a room with Seulgi and Wendy.
– Now, in the new dorm, she has a room for herself.
– Irene’s ideal type is someone warm.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to)
Back to Red Velvet Profile
Do you like Irene? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about her. 🙂