Tohji is a Japanese rapper that made his debut with the single “I’m a godzilla duh” in 2017.
– He was born in London, United Kingdom but was raised in Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan.
– He is a part of the duo, Mall Boyz, with rapper, gummyboy.
– He is also a music video director.
– Malls are heavily incorporated in Tohji’s songs and music videos due to his hometown in Japan being filled with them. When he was younger, he believed that he and his hometown lacked culture because of the malls, but soon realized that the significance of them and how malls have a ‘global meaning’. (Interview for 032c from 200407)
– He and designer, DETTO K, launched a brand called VANILLANI in February 2021. VANILLANI is a one-size-fits-all line that anyone can wear regardless of gender, nationality, or age.
– One time, Tohji held a free concert in Shinjuku, Japan, but when everyone couldn’t fit inside, he moved the concert to a nearby park. It was shut down by the police after one song.
– Tohji states that his inspirations are: airports, The Beatles, malls, New towns, Power Rangers, Soulja Boy, Takeshi Kitano, and Tokyo.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! – Kprofiles.com
Profile made by wellmeetinspring
Do you like Tohji? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below. 🙂