Joshua (Seventeen) Facts and Profile, Joshua’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Joshua (조슈아)
Birth Name: Joshua Hong
Korean Name: Hong Jisoo (홍지수)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: 30 December 1995
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, United States
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Sub-Unit: Vocal Team
Joshua’s Spotify list: Beach drive
– He was born in Los Angeles, California, US.
– Education: Downtown Magnets High School.
– His parents are both Koreans.
– He’s an only child.
– He joined Pledis Entertainment and began his training in 2013.
– He was a trainee for 2 years and 2 months.
– His family is in Los Angeles, but his mom comes from time to time to Korea to see him.
– During Weekly Idol he introduced himself as the member who can speak 5 different languages.
– When he lived in America, he would speak Korean at home and English at school so he is good at speaking it but not good at writing Korean.
– He is a fan of EXO.
– His favorite singers are 2BiC, Chris Brown, Usher, and Tupac.
– Between 20 and Adore U, he prefers 20.
– He likes the Korean drama “Rooftop Prince”.
– His hobbies are reading, sleeping, eating, singing, playing the guitar and watching movies.
– His favorite colors are Blue, Black, Brown and Pink.
– He doesn’t like the color green.
– He likes horror movies.
– His favorite animals are rabbits.
– Joshua loves anime. His favorites are One Piece, Naruto & Bleach.
– He can cook.
– He loves chicken.
– His favorite flavor of ice-cream is kiwi.
– His favorite sport is soccer.
– He prefers books over movies.
– He loves fairy tales.
– He likes the British accent.
– He said music is his life.
– He views himself as a calm person.
– He’s a Christian (Catholic).
– Joshua was a member of the Praise Team in their church.
– The meaning behind his name Joshua is that it’s a name from the Bible.
– He attended church often when he lived in America.
– He plays the guitar really well.
– Joshua has the biggest hands in Seventeen, according to Seungcheol.
– He finds it difficult to ask people for favors.
– He is named Seventeen’s gentleman because he doesn’t get angry easily and talks softly.
– He has a gentle voice and behaves with manners. He says ‘Good Morning’ whenever he wakes up in the morning.
– He shares the same birthday (even the year) with BTS’s V. They’ve wished each other happy birthday for the past two years (as of 2017).
– Joshua made a cameo in “A-Teen” season 2 ep.7.
– He wants to be a dutiful son to his parents and work hard and make them proud.
– His parents are his role models.
– He has a bright personality. When he’s with the members or close friends, his spirits are often high. He used to have a shy personality, but after living with the members, his real self came out. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– Up until a short time ago, he used to be called the ‘gentleman’ of the group, but lately, he’s become more of the joker/position of a person who makes people laugh. The members laugh when he dances with all of his might, and he gets a massive overreaction. He’s told that he looks really quiet, so the difference between his looks and personality are funny. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– When the weather is good, he often rides a bike on the bicycle road next to Han River, and afterwards, goes to watch a movie. He likes anime too. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– A casual style is his favorite. He also likes buying clothes, and goes shopping when he has the time.
– When he laughs, the edges of his mouth rise slightly. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He’s a person who opens up to the person he’s close to, but doesn’t really talk to people he doesn’t know.
– When he was in America, he had Japanese friends. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– MBTI: ENFJ
– In the dorm he used to have his own room. (Dorm 1 – which is downstairs, floor 6th)
– Update: As of June 2020, in the new dorm he still has his own room.
– Joshua’s ideal type is someone who is kind.
(Special thanks to pledis17, and Masyitah Yusof, jxnn, zeltiacorn, PaseuteoJosyua, Kpopstan_11)
Back to Seventeen profile
Do you like Joshua? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.
Make sure to read the comments below as they usually provide fun and useful facts, since we can’t possibly add all the additions in the actual post – Many thanks to all those who bring new info about Joshua in comments! <3