Hikaru Utada Profile and Facts: Hikaru Utada Facts
Hikaru Utada is a Japanese solo artist under Epic/Sony Records. They made their American debut on January 28th, 1998 with the album ‘Precious’ and made their Japan debut on March 10th, 1999 with the album ‘First Love’.
Stage Name: Hikaru Utada
Birth Name: Utada Hikaru (宇多田 ヒカル)
Position: Vocalist, Song Writer
Birthday: January 19th, 1983
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Blood Type: –
Hikaru Utada Facts:
– They were born in Manhatten, New York.
– They can speak English and Japanese.
– Their father is a record producer and their mother is an enka singer.
– They began to write music/lyrics at an early age and often traveled to Tokyo because of their father’s job.
– They were previously under Toshiba-EMI under the stage name “Cubic U”.
– Hikaru released their English-language debut album ‘Precious’ in early 1998, but was a commercial failure.
– They sang the theme songs for all of the Kingdom Hearts games, such as ‘Simple & Clean’ (2002) ‘Sanctuary’ (2004), and ‘Face My Fears’ (2019).
– Their debut Japanese album ‘First Love’ sold two million copies in its first week in Japan, topped the Oricon charts for six non-consecutive weeks and went on to sell six million more throughout the rest of 1999 and was known as the best selling album of all time.
– They were married to Japanese photographer Kazuaki Kiriya from September 7th, 2002 to March 2nd, 2007 and then a bartender Franesco Calianno from May 23rd, 2014 to April 6th, 2018.
– At the age of 10, they began to write music and lyrics.
– They did their recordings with their mother, releasing songs under a band named “U3” (also known as Utada 3) until 1996 when they started their first solo project, “I’ll be Stronger”.
– On August 22, 2013, Utada’s mother, Keiko Fuji, died by apparent suicide by jumping from the thirteenth floor of a 28-floor condominium building in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
– They have a son who was born on July 3rd, 2015.
– They have 7 Japanese albums and 3 American albums.
– On their official website, Utada cites 15 musicians and composers: Freddie Mercury, Cocteau Twins, Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Edith Piaf, Chick Corea, the Blue Nile, Bjork, Lenny Kravitz, Bela Bartok, Mozart, Jeff Buckley Yutaka Ozaki, Hibari Misora, and then later listed Aaliyah, and Mary J. Blige as their music influences.
– In June 2021, they came out as non-binary.
profile by Y00N1VERSE
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
Latest Japanese Comeback:
Do you like Hikaru Utada? Do you know more facts about them? Feel free to comment below. 🙂