Chanmina Profile and Facts
Chanmina (ちゃんみな) is a Japanese Hip-hop / Pop rapper and singer under Warner Music Japan. She officially debuted as a soloist on April 18, 2016.
Stage Name: Chanmina (ちゃんみな)
Birth Name: Otomonai Mina
Birthday: October 14, 1998
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Blood Type: A
Instagram: Chanmina Official
Facebook: Chanmina Official
Twitter: Chanmina Official
Youtube: Chanmina Official
– She was born in South Korea, and her mom was a ballerina so they moved a lot.
– Her father is Japanese and her mother is Korean.
– She’s fluent in Japanese, Korean and English.
– Her nickname is “Nerimaʼs Beyonce”.
– She lived in South Korea until she was 3 years old.
– She spent her childhood visiting South Korea, Japan and the USA.
– She started learning ballet, piano and violin at a young age.
– She took ballet classes and in the same building there were hip-hop classes, and right after she saw one of her classmates dancing hip-hop she switched classes.
– She started writing lyrics in elementary school.
– In high school, she started composing seriously.
– In her 2nd year of high school, she considered moving to South Korea, but her friends convinced her to stay in Japan.
– She discovered “Haru Haru” by Bigbang when she was being bullied, which helped influence her music.
– Her first concert was Bigbang at Budokan.
– The South Korean TV program was on all the time at her house, and she used to watch live music programs and many K-pop artists
– Chanmina applied for the 9th tournament of “BAZOOKA!!! High School Student RAP Championship” (BAZOOKA!!! 高校生RAP選手権), where high school students compete at freestyle rapping.
– She lost on the 2nd round.
– She debuted under Victor Entertainment in 2016.
– She debuted with the single “Mirror”, which topped the iTunes Store hip-hop ranking.
– Her single “LADY” got No. 1 on iTunes Japan HIPHOP / RAP chart and LINE MUSIC overall chart.
– Her 2nd album “CHOCOLATE” got No. 1 on LINE MUSIC overall chart.
– She was chosen as 2017ʼs Best New Artist on KKBOX JAPAN.
– In 2017 she collaborated with P.O and U-Kwon from the Korean group Block B for the song “WINNER”.
– She has always wanted to work in Korea, and wants to go global.
– Her dream gig is to perform in New York City.
– “Pain is beauty” is her motto.
– She changed labels and moved to Warner Music Japan, hoping that Warner Music could help her achieve her international dreams better.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
Profile made by Fzhkmi
(Special thanks to 愛してる, sophiedelbono_xo, japantimes.co.jp/span>, Arctic, AXK, Riku, Evelynn Miyu, jieunsdior, seul)
Latest Japanese comeback:
Do you know more facts about Chanmina? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about her. 🙂