Wendy (Red Velvet) Facts and Profile, Wendy’s Ideal Type 2017
Stage Name: Wendy (웬디)
English Name: Wendy Son
Korean Name: Son Seung Wan
Birthday: February 21, 1994
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Height: 160 cm (5’3″)(Official) / 155 cm (5’1″) (Approx. real height)*
Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
Blood Type: O
– She was born in Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, South Korea.
– Family: Parents, an older sister (Son Seung-hee)
– Her nicknames are: Olaf, Wan-ah
– Her designated color is blue.
– Her representative animal: Deer (Happiness to #Cookie Jar), Squirrel (Summer Magic onwards)
– Her representative fruit: Blue-flesh Orange
– Her representative weapon: Scissors
– Her representative drink: Blue Crush (Ingredients: Blue-flesh Orange, Blue Cassette Tape, Blue Leaf-Tree)
– Specialties: Music Instruments (piano, guitar, flute and saxophone)
– Education: Shattuck-Saint Mary’s School; Richmond Hill High School
– She lived until her fifth year of elementary school in Korea, then she moved to Canada with her older sister, to study abroad.
– She left Korea when she was in the 5th grade.
– She used to make YouTube videos, but she deleted her account
– She tried out for Cube Entertainment before SM Entertainment
– She was a part of the predebut team SM Rookies- She can speak English and Korean.
– Wendy is known for her rich expressions and reactions.
– She can play the piano, guitar, flute, saxophone.
– Her hobbies are: finding rare songs, cooking, walking by cafes, singing.
– Wendy has also collaborated with rapper Yuk Ji-dam for the song “Return”, one of the OSTs of KBS2’s drama Who Are You: School 2015. The song was released on June 8, 2015 and debuted at #31 on the Gaon Singles Chart.
– She released another song “Let You Know” for the soundtrack of the JTBC drama D-Day on October.
– On January 9, 2016, she became a panelist on We Got Married
– On King of Mask Singer (episode 43 aired on January 24, 2016), she participated as a contestant with the stage name “Space Beauty Maetel”
– Wendy released a collaboration single with with Ricky Martin called “Vente Pa’ Ca”.
– Wendy released a collaboration single with Eric Nam titled “Spring Love” on March 4, 2016, as part of S.M. Entertainment’s SM Station project
– She says she loves music because both of her parents were music lovers.
– She knows she wanted to become a singer since she was 5.
– She likes all genres of music.
– Her favorite movies are ” Begin Again ” and ” The Fault in our Stars ”
– Her favorite type of clothes are casual attires and something plain and simple.
– She has an extremely bright and positive attitude.
– She was a member of the Richmond Hill HS Show Choir and participated as a soprano
– She can imitate Christina Confalonieri
– She is known as a “reaction queen”.
– Being raised in Canada, she can speak English.
– Her favorite number is 77.
– The other members picked her as the healthiest member.
– She is very smart and had excellent grades during her school education. She received the Obama Presidential Awards in 8th grade and her name has been engraved at the school’s hall of fame.
– She is able to speak four different languages – English, Korean, Spanish and French.
– She does other members’ nails.
– She would like to learn playing the jazz bass and drums.
– She would like to learn Chinese and Japanese to communicate with fans.
– Wendy was chosen as the member who is most different on screen and off-screen. [From Gayo Plaza Radio Interview (2017- Red Flavor Promotions)]
– Wendy stays up late at night baking goodies for others.
– Wendy has the least aegyo within the members.
– Wendy dislikes the sunlight.
– Wendy said she is a big fan of Joy. (Source at 7:47)
– According to the other members, Wendy is the most beautiful without make-up.
– Wendy has a very bad luck while Irene has a very good luck. (As seen on every videos/shows they attend, Irene would always win while Wendy always loses).
– Wendy likes two bands called The Len and The 1975. (EYE CONTACT CAM)
– When Wendy was in Dallas, she said she likes the sound of cars honking. (EYE CONTACT CAM)
– She used to share a room with Irene and Seulgi.
– Update: All of the girls now have their own rooms after moving into a new apartment.
– Wendy’s ideal type: Someone respectful, caring and who is pretty when they laugh, also someone who eats well. Someone who is like her dad.
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to LynCx, Tin Can, Mi na chi ✖️, ZEZE, legitpotato, king jimin 🌺, No Shittier Than Sherlock, eileennguyen, BTS DREAMCATCHER, Bubble Tea, LeeSuh_JunDaeSoo)
Back to Red Velvet Profile
Do you like Wendy? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about her. 🙂