Joy (Red Velvet) Facts and Profile, Joy’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Joy (조이)
Birth Name: Park Soo Young
Birthday: September 3, 1996
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Height: 168 cm (5’6″) (Official) / 167 cm (5’6″) (Approx. real height)*
Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– She was born in Jeju Island, South Korea.
– Family: Parents, two younger sisters
– Her nicknames are: Doongdoongie, cute Joy, Malgeumi (bright)
– Joy graduated at School of Performing Arts Seoul (Acting Arts major).
– Her designated color is green.
– Her representative animal: Canary (Happiness to #Cookie Jar), Chick (Summer Magic onwards)
– Her representative fruit: Green Kiwi (not to be confused with Golden Kiwi)
– Her representative weapon: Submachine Gun
– Her representative drink: Green Sunrise (Ingredients: Green Kiwi, Green Light Bulb, Green Leaf)
– She appeared in “We Got Married”, where her virtual husband was Sungjae (BTOB)
– She was cast in 2012 Global Audition in Seoul.
– She was not a part of SM Rookies.
– She’s acting in the dramas “The Liar and His Lover” (2017) and “The Great Seducer” (2018).
– Joy is a perfectionist and likes to plan things ahead of time. [From Gayo Plaza Radio Interview (2017- Red Flavor Promotions)]
– She can sing trot.
– She can imitate Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.
– Her hobbies are watching movies and singing good songs.
– Some of her favorite foods are sushi, chicken, pizza without the crust, and grilled eel.
– She is obsessed with mint choco ice cream.
– Her favorite type of clothes are comfortable clothes. A cardigan over a dress
– She collects lip balm.
– She takes the most selfies out of all the members.
– To keep fit, rather than constant excessive dieting, she eats what she likes in small portions and exercises as well as do pilates.
– Her favorite number is 31 because she likes to eat ice cream (Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors).
– One of her favorite singers is Ariana Grande.
– She said on “Sugarman 2″ that she was a fan of MeloMance and Gummy. Recently, she has covered artists such as Baek Ye-rin, Bibi and recommended R&B artist, Hoody.
– She claims that she has a habit of spacing out.
– Her ways of relieving stress are going around on her own and meeting up and talking with her sisters.
– She’s said to resemble actress ” Kim Yoo Jung ”
– Super Junior’s Eunhyun helped Joy learn how to dance.
– Her favorite color is red, but green is her designed color given by SM, (she said it on their vlive special.)
– Joy often gets emotional when she thinks of her mother or when others talk about family.
– If she wouldn’t be a singer, she would have been a kindergarten teacher. (TMI interview with GQ Korea in 2020).
– She love dogs.
– Joy has a pet dog named Haetnim.
– Her dog has an Instagram account: @haetnimee.
– When Joy debuted as a Red Velvet member, her father’s words when he saw the debut stage was that she was scary because she smiled too much. (Joy actually didn’t really smile and she didn’t know how to be cute at that time).
– Her nickname was “snob” because she didn’t really smile before.
– According to Joy, the toughest part of her day was brushing her teeth.
– She is close to Oh Hayoung (A Pink), Yerin (G Friend), actor Kim Min-jae, Woosung (LUCY).
– Joy and Yerin of GFriend were classmates on School of Performing Arts.
– Joy was chosen as the member who gets jealous easily. [From Gayo Plaza Radio Interview (2017- Red Flavor Promotions)]
– Joy was chosen as the member who has a very fragile heart and who gets emotional very easily. [From Gayo Plaza Radio Interview (2017- Red Flavor Promotions)]
– Joy was chosen as the member who craves the most attention from her members and likes to be acknowledged and complimented by her members so that she can boost her confidence. Wendy is the member who usually compliments her the most. [From Gayo Plaza Radio Interview (2017- Red Flavor Promotions)]
– When she was young, she was told by adults to join Miss Korea since she was pretty and thus inspired her to practice for it.
– She experienced unrequited love in middle school when she was forced to represent her grade for basketball along with a friend in her class. The friend took care of her well and helped her with basketball.
– She has a driver’s license. (“Salty Tour”)
– As a child, she was obsessed with trot music.
– She loves animals and has volunteered at animal shelters several times before.
– She likes to watch dog training videos in her spare time.
– She likes to watch videos related to Red Velvet.
– Since she’s the oldest in her family, she didn’t have much aegyo growing up and had to practice smiling when she trained in SM.
– Her stage name, Joy, was given to her by a vocal coach.
– She struggled with her dancing pre-debut.
– She appeared on King of Masked Singer as Bandabi, and won the first round of competition (ep 122).
– She is also close to NCT’s Doyoung and has a duet Christmas song together called “First Christmas.”
– She has had two singles appear on Gaon Digital Chart peaking in their top ten (“Always in My Heart” with Seul-ong in 2016 and “Introduce Me A Good Person” in 2020).
– Around the time of receiving some praise from producers and music host You Hee-yeol, she opened up a small music studio, and has expressed interest in creating her own music.
– Picked by her co-members as the most “passionate”/”driven” member (Arena Homme+ October 2020 interview).
– For her Espoir makeup shoot, she personally chose white Aster kind, which are her birth flower, also her favorite flower.
– Wendy said she is a big fan of Joy. (Source at 7:47)
– She used to share a room with Yeri.
– Update: All of the girls now have their own rooms after moving into a new apartment.
– Joy’s ideal type: Someone who lives by the rules, works hard on their stuff, has a clear thought of their own
Note: Please don’t copy-paste the content of this page to other sites/places on the web. If you use info from our profile, please kindly put a link to this post. Thanks a lot! 🙂 – Kprofiles.com
(Special thanks to LynCx, Kimmy, Xeiss Erin, kpop trash, ZEZE, Park Sooyoung, GABY LOVES SNSD, eileennguyen, Katie “Strawberry Banana” Rin, cho2, Theresa Lee, dl ʕ•ٹ•ʔ)
Back to Red Velvet Profile
Do you like Joy? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment below. It can help new fans find more info about her. 🙂