Dino (Seventeen) Facts and Profile; Dino’s Ideal Type
Stage Name: Dino (디노)
Birth Name: Lee Chan (이찬)
Position: Main Dancer, Sub Rapper, Maknae
Birthday: 11 February 1999
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Hometown: Iksan-si, Jeollakbu-do, South Korea
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Sub-Unit: Performance Team
– He was born in Iksan-si, Jeollabuk-do.
– He has a younger brother.
– Education: Sangbong Middle School (‘14), Seoul Broadcasting High School (Dino graduated high school in February, 2017).
– He was a trainee for 3 years.
– His nicknames are Mr. Bagpack, Side Dish, Lee Dino, Maknae On Top
– His parents are dancers. His father opened up a dance class and thought taught him how to dance.
– He explained that, in a family tree, his name is written as “Lee Joong Chan” but that his real name is actually Lee Chan. (During an interview for tenasia.co.kr)
– He got a daesang at Jeonju’s Youths’ dance tournament. That was when he got cast.
– He made the choreography for their song ‘Jam Jam’.
– He also made the choreography for their song “Flower” (Going Seventeen ep 12)
– He’s the one who talked at the end of Seventeen TV Ver. 3 Teaser.
– He is a big fan of Michael Jackson.
– Between laughing or making someone laugh, he prefers making someone laugh.
– His favorite fruits are apple and grape.
– He likes fried squid with spicy sauce.
– His favorite holiday is Sunday.
– He is a fan of EXO.
– He’s one of the members with the worst sleeping habits.
– He’s a heavy sleeper. He likes to hug things when he sleeps.
– He wishes he was taller.
– He views himself as a little giant.
– He can’t handle not being able to say what he wants to say.
– His weakness is when people tell him he’s not good and then he feels down.
– He tries to show his own color and have more originality within himself.
– He appeared in Orange Caramel’s “Copycat” MV
– His role models are Michael Jackson (He listens to “Beat It” a lot and says “Billie Jean” is a song that describes him and gives him a lot of energy) and Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko.
– His stage name is an abbreviation of the word Dinosaur. It was given to him because he will dominate the stage.
– Dino ranked himself first best in visuals. He selected S.Coups in second and then Wonwoo as third. (One Fine Day in Japan)
– He’s a person who ‘has the ability to develop/grow.’ He always looks towards the future and challenges himself. he’s not good at doing things properly, and he’s the type who wants to work hard. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He’s the youngest, so he has the responsibility of being powerful. Everyone’s older, so they always worry about him — eg. “Have you eaten yet?” It feels like he has a lot of older brothers. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– On rest days, he makes an effort to ‘do absolutely nothing.’ He watches a lot of TV. He likes variety shows — His favorite is called “Gag Concert,” where comedians make appearances. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– For clothing, he likes a street kind of style. while working, there’s lots of flashy clothes, and in private, he wants to wear casual, loose clothes that are suitable for his age. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– If he’s not wearing makeup, he gives off a young impression, but when he wears makeup, he has a crisp appearance. he likes that transformation. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He is friends with Red Velvet’s Yeri.
– When he was younger, he was the type of person who, at things like events, would always stand at the front and assign everyone roles. Since that time, he was good at dancing so he had a feeling he was noticed for that. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– Dino’s ideal type is a pretty girl who does aegyo.
(Special thanks to pledis17, jenn, DINOsaur, jxnn, caratqween)
Back to Seventeen profile
Do you like Dino? Do you know more facts about him? Feel free to comment below.