Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Why can’t anyone just be happy for whoever wins things.

I get it. Mnet does have a history of rigging. But it’s the fact no one dared consider the show might’ve been rigged before they saw the winner. No it’s only after because they didn’t like the scores. Does it ever occur to anyone that MAYBE some people you don’t like genuinely have the ability to win. Cant anyone just be happy. Because regardless of what Mnet says about it, people will still say the winner is rigged. No one can be happy about anything.

People continue to say Hyewon didn’t deserve to be in IZ*ONE even though they’ve been disbanded for a year.
People still say the true winners of Q1 were OMG or GI and not Mamamoo, just because “Mamamoo was more popular so it’s unfair”.
Same goes to Stray Kids : “no one had a chance”.
People immediately screamed rigging when Bahiyyih made K1, as if Mnet even wanted her to debut.
And now, the Q2 winner too.
I feel like ever since the produce scandal these accusations have increased out of jealousy or not trusting mnet

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay and now for a short rant after that deep one.

I get so frustrated when idols are good “pfp matieral” coz like. THEYRE SO GORGEOUS OMG LITERALLY AMAZING I LOVE YOU IM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR BEAUTY, and I want these girls to be the FACE of my account yknow. But at the same time it feels so wrong for me to use idols who I’m not that familiar with to represent me, and I also can’t help feel I’m limiting people down to just being pretty faces.

Like obviously I’m not and I think being beautiful is one of the best compliments but I also know it’s problematic connotations and I don’t want to indirectly feed into it

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
TW // talking about sexualisation, particularly of women

I miss the sexy concept quite a bit. Obviously not in a creepy way. I just like the confidence the concept brings (eg, Touch My Body by SISTAR, you can’t help but feel so energetic from that song), and the sound it usually has, with being softer and jazzier (such as Something by Girl’s Day, or Short Hair by AOA). But ofc, Kpop stans ruin everything. With the way people speak about idols on twt, there’s very little chance we’ll see a return of the concept. Cant even have the cute concept without people (mostly men sorry loves) making it creepy. Thinking about how Yoon got attacked because she didn’t want to perform for the military. SHE’S 17? Why would she want to?? She was even younger when that went down as well. I was also watching a fancam of a BerryGood member a couple days ago, and she was performing their song Mellow Mellow (which is a very cute sounding song). And yet people in the comments were saying creepy stuff like “she would have beautiful babies”. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Women aren’t dolls for you to drool over and objectify. And ngl, but I have a feeling it’s probably not much better for male idols. It probably gets hidden better since most men don’t feel able to come forward about what they experience due to toxic masculinity. What a society we live in
I know this is controversial, but I think that in that case specifically, it's more of a toxic femininity. The only people I hear complain when a male cries are women, both young & old, conservative & progressive. I know some people have heard men shaming other men, and yea that's messed up, but it is more reasonable in this case that toxic femininity is predominant, since women can benefit from silencing men. Even so, I don't think the majority of women do it.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I really hate what is going on with Le sserafim rn. I feel like the girls didn't deserve it. Like they debuted so close to iz*one disbandment, their group is named after the wifi password, but on top they put a bully on the group and terribly handle the situation. I wanted to stan the group Sakura ended in but I feel like I can't. I even feel guilty.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I know this is controversial, but I think that in that case specifically, it's more of a toxic femininity. The only people I hear complain when a male cries are women, both young & old, conservative & progressive. I know some people have heard men shaming other men, and yea that's messed up, but it is more reasonable in this case that toxic femininity is predominant, since women can benefit from silencing men. Even so, I don't think the majority of women do it.
Hm honestly I do think you have a point.
I’m a feminist, which means I believe in the equal treatment of both men and women. But I think a lot of people do not see feminism in this same way, and surprisingly it’s mostly women that I see doing this online.
Women will joke they hate men, and that men are untrustworthy and useless. Some men online do genuinely make me very angry, but also women who treat men in these ways do too.
We still have a long way to go with feminism, but some people don’t realise they’re being hypocrites.
I saw a video of a woman who was saying if men want validation they should seek it from other men as women have made a “safe space network” or something. While I agree to a certain point, I also feel we as a society won’t see each other as equal until we can all fight for each other. And that means on both sides of the fight. Men need to fight for women but we also need to fight for men too.

(And then ofc with the gender non-binary movement there’s a whole added layer. I’m sorry I had to exclude them from this point, but it’s because I’m quite undereducated about how it interacts between the main movement between men and women)

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Hm honestly I do think you have a point.
I’m a feminist, which means I believe in the equal treatment of both men and women. But I think a lot of people do not see feminism in this same way, and surprisingly it’s mostly women that I see doing this online.
Women will joke they hate men, and that men are untrustworthy and useless. Some men online do genuinely make me very angry, but also women who treat men in these ways do too.
We still have a long way to go with feminism, but some people don’t realise they’re being hypocrites.
I saw a video of a woman who was saying if men want validation they should seek it from other men as women have made a “safe space network” or something. While I agree to a certain point, I also feel we as a society won’t see each other as equal until we can all fight for each other. And that means on both sides of the fight. Men need to fight for women but we also need to fight for men too.

(And then ofc with the gender non-binary movement there’s a whole added layer. I’m sorry I had to exclude them from this point, but it’s because I’m quite undereducated about how it interacts between the main movement between men and women)
Same, equality will never be unless all genders work toghether.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay this rant is a little light hearted but yeah.

The YTshorts community and Kpop Tiktok community infuriate me with their lack of creativity, effort, research and respect to other creators. Let me explain.

I’m sure everyone here is very aware of what line distributions are. And many people like to laugh at distributions that are atrociously bad. So what do these creators do? Well they like to make compilations of the most unfair distributions from groups.
Now this isn’t my problem. The problem is very few of these videos are actually accurate to their titles.
They’re always titled as “K-pop’s most unfair distributions” but I can guarantee you they put practically 0 research into their claims. If you watch one of these videos, you will probably see only the same 10 distributions being shown. Some of which would be the following (girl group ver only):
Hi High by LOONA, Forever Young by Blackpink, The Feels by TWICE, No Lie by EVERGLOW. If you’re lucky maybe they’d throw in Im The Best by 2NE1
So what’s my problem with this? If it’s these same ones over and over surely they must genuinely be the worst distributions.

Well no. Because I can name 2 distributions which are definitely unfair that I can never recall seeing in one of these videos.
April Story by April, while not a song I’m familiar with, I’ve heard one of the members got no lines at all.
And this reminded me of AOA’s Elvis where again, a member got no lines at all.
These are both clearly unfair line distributions, yet never appear in these compilations. And you know why that is? It’s obviously because these creators are copying each other

This is just one example, but I bet you if you watch one reel or yt short related to kpop and looked in the comment section you will see so many fandoms pointing out missing artists who fit the theme.
Ofc these are short pieces of content, so only so much can go into it. But that’s also the problem. Because there are other creators who spend hours if not days preparing videos like this and going through as many different pieces of content they can to make the best video possible for their audience. Meanwhile these creators either copy each other’s videos or just name whoever they care about and still get hundreds of thousands of views based on absolutely nothing. It’s a shame.

And then we have the stealing content issue. I’m sure many people hear know the channel random_k, due to the fact they make some of the most accurate and detailed line distribution videos in kpop. Their channel specifically asks for their content to not be reposted with or without credit, but I bet if you were to spend enough time on kpop tiktok you will eventually find at least one reposted video with the poster laughing in your face when you ask them to take it down as per the channel’s request. It’s disgusting. It’s lazy

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Okay this rant is a little light hearted but yeah.

The YTshorts community and Kpop Tiktok community infuriate me with their lack of creativity, effort, research and respect to other creators. Let me explain.

I’m sure everyone here is very aware of what line distributions are. And many people like to laugh at distributions that are atrociously bad. So what do these creators do? Well they like to make compilations of the most unfair distributions from groups.
Now this isn’t my problem. The problem is very few of these videos are actually accurate to their titles.
They’re always titled as “K-pop’s most unfair distributions” but I can guarantee you they put practically 0 research into their claims. If you watch one of these videos, you will probably see only the same 10 distributions being shown. Some of which would be the following (girl group ver only):
Hi High by LOONA, Forever Young by Blackpink, The Feels by TWICE, No Lie by EVERGLOW. If you’re lucky maybe they’d throw in Im The Best by 2NE1
So what’s my problem with this? If it’s these same ones over and over surely they must genuinely be the worst distributions.

Well no. Because I can name 2 distributions which are definitely unfair that I can never recall seeing in one of these videos.
April Story by April, while not a song I’m familiar with, I’ve heard one of the members got no lines at all.
And this reminded me of AOA’s Elvis where again, a member got no lines at all.
These are both clearly unfair line distributions, yet never appear in these compilations. And you know why that is? It’s obviously because these creators are copying each other

This is just one example, but I bet you if you watch one reel or yt short related to kpop and looked in the comment section you will see so many fandoms pointing out missing artists who fit the theme.
Ofc these are short pieces of content, so only so much can go into it. But that’s also the problem. Because there are other creators who spend hours if not days preparing videos like this and going through as many different pieces of content they can to make the best video possible for their audience. Meanwhile these creators either copy each other’s videos or just name whoever they care about and still get hundreds of thousands of views based on absolutely nothing. It’s a shame.

And then we have the stealing content issue. I’m sure many people hear know the channel random_k, due to the fact they make some of the most accurate and detailed line distribution videos in kpop. Their channel specifically asks for their content to not be reposted with or without credit, but I bet if you were to spend enough time on kpop tiktok you will eventually find at least one reposted video with the poster laughing in your face when you ask them to take it down as per the channel’s request. It’s disgusting. It’s lazy
Plus I remember there was a kpop shorts channel called dior_ jisoo and they stole a bunch of theories from Quora and didn't even credit them
Im very active on kpop Quora and I know at least half of these creators is it rlly that hard to credit them
Plus not only that you remember the " putting your insecurities on kpop idols" that was so backhanded

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I swear normally I’m more positive than this. This rant will be two sentences I pinky swear.

Not “midzys” getting really agressive towards Yeji and Ryujin because people thought they were the only two on the remix before it was even confirmed if they were or not. Spoiler alert, based on Bebe’s tweets it’s OT5

ImJustKpopTrash

Winter__Roses
Author
Website
imjustkpoptrash.carrd.co
Credits
Ningning
Karina
Arin
Winter
Ever since IZ*ONE disbanded kpop just hasn’t felt the same for me, like izone was my ult group (or one of) and having them taken away from me, even though I absolutely knew it was happening, kind of just threw me off completely and ever since I just haven’t really gotten back into kpop the same. Like don’t get me wrong I still keep up with groups and I still love kpop but everything feels somewhat different…? Like I don’t particular get the joy from watching idols perform or watching videos about idols. Everyone always said that kpop was a phase, I didn’t believe them back then but these days with how I’m feeling since IZ*ONE maybe I have fallen out of love and touch with the community. Now it’s not to say Izone’s disbandment led to me falling out of love with kpop but I definitely believe it played a major part in it.

i genuinely think a combinant of things has caused this, for one a shift away from 3rd Gen groups seeing as a lot of them have disbanded has probably lead to me feeling a bit out of touch and two I never really got much into 4th gen music as much. No matter how much it try to like it (with exceptions obviously) a lot of it I just don’t enjoy to the same level as 3rd gen music and so I’ve never really bothered to Stan many 4th gen groups. Possibly leading to this situation where suddenly I have little kpop groups left and now I suddenly feel out of touch and unsure of how much I actually enjoy it anymore.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Ever since IZ*ONE disbanded kpop just hasn’t felt the same for me, like izone was my ult group (or one of) and having them taken away from me, even though I absolutely knew it was happening, kind of just threw me off completely and ever since I just haven’t really gotten back into kpop the same. Like don’t get me wrong I still keep up with groups and I still love kpop but everything feels somewhat different…? Like I don’t particular get the joy from watching idols perform or watching videos about idols. Everyone always said that kpop was a phase, I didn’t believe them back then but these days with how I’m feeling since IZ*ONE maybe I have fallen out of love and touch with the community. Now it’s not to say Izone’s disbandment led to me falling out of love with kpop but I definitely believe it played a major part in it.

i genuinely think a combinant of things has caused this, for one a shift away from 3rd Gen groups seeing as a lot of them have disbanded has probably lead to me feeling a bit out of touch and two I never really got much into 4th gen music as much. No matter how much it try to like it (with exceptions obviously) a lot of it I just don’t enjoy to the same level as 3rd gen music and so I’ve never really bothered to Stan many 4th gen groups. Possibly leading to this situation where suddenly I have little kpop groups left and now I suddenly feel out of touch and unsure of how much I actually enjoy it anymore.
I understand how you feel most kpop stans feel this way when one of their fav kpop group disband. And some times even leave the community. But that the sad thing Abt these groups cause I know they won't always be there. There will always be a last vlive, song, album, etc for these groups

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
I'm still so mad abt the nmixx plagiarism thing and how people still don't get it. Why???? Do you not have a brain or smth??????????I'm not even an atiny, engene, orbit, or my and I'm still mad. Whenever someone mentions nmixx I just leave- including in videos-I also made a habit of disliking ppl who defend nmixx. Anyways, JYP stole ateez's concept, concept explanation (some descriptions were the same), and music video (illusion). They're so rich, can't they just hire someone to come up with something more...original?????? Whenever people are like "most underrated girl group debuts" and put in stuff like black mamba, dalla dalla, etc. and then they're like o.o I literally want to punch something/someone. How can you even-ajsldkfjlsjfdlksjdlkjflksjdlkkjflsdklf. Dalla Dalla and o.o cannot be put in the same sentence and I cant believe they're from the same company. Like guys, stop trying to copy SM's weird experimental style. ITS NOT GOING TO WORK. PEOPLE WILL HATE IT. Also tank. wtf that song is MADE for tiktok. It's so repetitive and annoying I cant-. If nmixx actually blows up I'm going to explode in anger. The thing is, I don't actively hate on them online. Just in the safety of my own mind. I also have a habit of arguing with people in the comments of youtube shorts when they defend nmixx or smth- like yeah I get it the girls are innocent and I watched a video of some rookie idols and stuff and someone from nmixx was there and I liked their personality but I'm still going to boycott them and anything that mentions them.

this paragraph just got angrier and angrier-

yeahh-

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I'm still so mad abt the nmixx plagiarism thing and how people still don't get it. Why???? Do you not have a brain or smth??????????I'm not even an atiny, engene, orbit, or my and I'm still mad. Whenever someone mentions nmixx I just leave- including in videos-I also made a habit of disliking ppl who defend nmixx. Anyways, JYP stole ateez's concept, concept explanation (some descriptions were the same), and music video (illusion). They're so rich, can't they just hire someone to come up with something more...original?????? Whenever people are like "most underrated girl group debuts" and put in stuff like black mamba, dalla dalla, etc. and then they're like o.o I literally want to punch something/someone. How can you even-ajsldkfjlsjfdlksjdlkjflksjdlkkjflsdklf. Dalla Dalla and o.o cannot be put in the same sentence and I cant believe they're from the same company. Like guys, stop trying to copy SM's weird experimental style. ITS NOT GOING TO WORK. PEOPLE WILL HATE IT. Also tank. wtf that song is MADE for tiktok. It's so repetitive and annoying I cant-. If nmixx actually blows up I'm going to explode in anger. The thing is, I don't actively hate on them online. Just in the safety of my own mind. I also have a habit of arguing with people in the comments of youtube shorts when they defend nmixx or smth- like yeah I get it the girls are innocent and I watched a video of some rookie idols and stuff and someone from nmixx was there and I liked their personality but I'm still going to boycott them and anything that mentions them.

this paragraph just got angrier and angrier-

yeahh-
I really like the group. I liked O.O. I don't dislike other companies taking the experimental concept. But JYP really messed up with the plagiarsm thing, like every time I see an nswer pretending to be ignorant about the plagiarsm accusations I am like wtf? Like artists got affected because of the issue and everything nswers seem to know is about the handsign that is very similar to itzy's handsign. It's ridiculous to think that for supporting small artists the girls will get affected.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Idk why but hybe' gives "I'm not like other companies" vibes like that they act like they treat their artists wonderfully but in reality they overwork them and don't know how to manage them and are not the best company out there. The difference between them an the big3 is that the big3 companies don't act like their all sunshine and rainbows but hybe' acts like their the best company in kpop. It gives "pick me" not the artists but the company

Last edited:

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Idk why but hybe' gives "I'm not like other companies" vibes like that they act like they treat their artists wonderfully but in reality they overwork them and don't know how to manage them and are not the best company out there. The difference between them an the nig3 is that the big3 companies don't act like their all sunshine and rainbows but hybe' acts like their the best company in kpop. It gives "pick me" not the artists but the company
i've never heard anybody say that before, but you're absolutely right.

JustAGiantKpopMultistan

now watch me ☁ⳜΘ𐤠Ɽ~☁
Author
Website
carrrotjuice.carrd.co
Credits
Dino
Chaewon
Jeonghan
Hannah Bahng
Imma keep saying this, Great Guys and Xie Anran deserve more love
f1f729f0-afb5-11ea-b79d-0ddf2d8ccf90_original.jpg
EcnjrZJUMAIJdaD.jpg
They're all so pretty! I must know more

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
God I’m so sick of fans thinking they’re entitled to make people bad for liking or not liking songs.

I remember like a year ago when Thunderous was released, anyone who liked the song was mocked. I felt that was stupid because everyone is allowed an opinion and a lot of the songs stans were preaching were song of the year I thought were average at best.

Haven’t really thought about that sort of thing until recently. It was first when Hit Ya! By Lapillus was released and the general consensus agreed with me that it wasn’t a good song. But the comments were filled with angry fans saying yOu sAiD thE sAmE tHinG aBouT O.O wHen iT caMe oUt aNd nOw lOok.
1. Actually no I was a proud O.O enjoyer from day one 😤
2. Why does that matter? If they dislike the song as they make their opinion video, the fact they could change their mind in the future is irrelevant. Because it’s not even 100% set in stone. They might not. And so their opinion would still remain true all the way through.

But I mostly just ignored those comments because ultimately I don’t really care about Lapillus. If you stan them woo amazing. But I don’t hate them nor like them so their fans and their antis or whatever liking and not liking their songs just wasn’t my business.

But now, round 2 involves my ult group. Itzy.
Sneakers isn’t out yet, so I get it, it’s not fair to declare you hate a song before it’s been released. But I don’t think anyone who is saying they dislike Sneakers is saying based on a 15 second teaser they’ve made their judgement on the whole song. I certainly haven’t. I’ve simply just said my expectations are low based on the teaser. As far as I’m concerned that isn’t an issue.

WRONG. I’ve seen so many comments this morning from Midzy trying to guilt other Midzy for having OPINIONS.
“Wow the girls know all the hate they’re getting they’ve gone so quiet”.
“ITZY’s worst enemies are… midzys”.
Right so here’s the issue.
1. Hate it an awful thing. Opinions do not equal hate. I’m not an idiot I know there are definetly people who are in fact hating on this song teaser and using foul language to express it. Shame on them. But
2. People are allowed an opinion. I fucking love ITZY they’re my comfort idols they make me smile my layout is literally Lia, I don’t want them to be hurt. But I’m going to be really honest and say if you become a celebrity and get pissed off by your fans criticising your work you are in the WRONG FIELD. Opinions are there to help you see okay I’ve not achieved something my fans like this time so next time we need to try something different to make sure we’re releasing stuff fans like
3. If what I said in point 2 doesn’t happen, artists won’t ever release stuff their fans like and as a result of that they will lose fans. JYP did a good job not changing ITZY’s concept to the concept of Mafia after the backlash. Even if Mafia became more liked as time passed, if they’d stuck with the concept the people who liked the bright nature of ITZY songs would’ve left the fandom. Sneakers does fit the same concept as previous songs, so good job JYP for that
4. I’m not going to sit here and pretend to love a song and hype it up if I don’t. I did that for 2 years with Mamamoo and before that with CLC and Blackpink. I’m done with pretending to have opinions I don’t just for the label of being a good fan. If that makes me the enemies of my favourite artists I don’t give a shit anymore. I’m a person not a robot and I feel sorry for the people who don’t allow themselves to see themselves in this same way

(+ JYP really set ITZY up with this comeback. They spent weeks teasing a royal concept and having a royal aesthetic only to snatch it away under everyones’ noses. I have a feeling half the people who dislike the song it’s because they were expecting something widely different and are disappointed but will end up growing used to it. Personally I just don’t know if I’ll get used to it as the parts of Voltage I didn’t like from the teasers I still don’t love. Maybe the whole song will sound better idk but I just think this might be a song that’s not for me. But that’s okay. Maybe there will be a better bside maybe there won’t. Other artists have released such good songs this year so losing out on one comeback won’t be the worst thing. It’ll be a shame though)

Last edited:

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
this is half related to kpop and half not.

I hate it so much what people are like aLl iDoLs hAvE pLaStIc sUrGeRy bEcAuSe tHeY hAvE dOuBlE eYe lIds

Yes, it's very likely that they could have had plastic surgery to get double eyelids but there are also those people who didn't get plastic surgery to achieve double eyelids. Even when there are pictures of the idols when they were infants with double eyelids people still refuse to believe it. Yes, they could have had plastic surgery to make their eyes bigger or their double eyelid more defined but, does that mean that they weren't born with double eyelids??

Then, there are the "aLl aSiAnS hAvE mOnOlIdS" group. No. They don't. The percentage of mono-lids to double eyelids is around 50-50. Double eyelids, from many studies, are less common in Koreans but what about the rest of east Asia?? Its like your saying. Because many koreans have mono-lids, that means that everyone has monolids too!!!! *obnoxious smile*

I had to search it up and this is what I found

https://www.quora.com/How-common-is-it-for-an-East-Asian-to-have-one-monolid-and-one-double-eyelid

I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal out of this but it annoys me so much.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
this is half related to kpop and half not.

I hate it so much what people are like aLl iDoLs hAvE pLaStIc sUrGeRy bEcAuSe tHeY hAvE dOuBlE eYe lIds

Yes, it's very likely that they could have had plastic surgery to get double eyelids but there are also those people who didn't get plastic surgery to achieve double eyelids. Even when there are pictures of the idols when they were infants with double eyelids people still refuse to believe it. Yes, they could have had plastic surgery to make their eyes bigger or their double eyelid more defined but, does that mean that they weren't born with double eyelids??

Then, there are the "aLl aSiAnS hAvE mOnOlIdS" group. No. They don't. The percentage of mono-lids to double eyelids is around 50-50. Double eyelids, from many studies, are less common in Koreans but what about the rest of east Asia?? Its like your saying. Because many koreans have mono-lids, that means that everyone has monolids too!!!! *obnoxious smile*

I had to search it up and this is what I found

https://www.quora.com/How-common-is-it-for-an-East-Asian-to-have-one-monolid-and-one-double-eyelid

I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal out of this but it annoys me so much.
also, there's double eyelid tape. an idol "suddenly" having double eyelids when they had monolids as a baby doesn't necessarily mean plastic surgery. makeup can work make ppl look completely different, esp when combined w double eyelid tape and done by professionals. i know a (white) guy who naturally has monolids, and ppl simultaneously give him such a hard time and be racist towards asians. it's gross