Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
half rant, half question

how tf is whistle by blackpink abt the difference between rich and poor? the lyrics are half a love song, half sexual i mean, "every time i show up, blow up, uh"?? we all know what that means. i've watched the mv, i've examined the lyrics and i genuinely cannot understand why ppl are saying that. the only thing i can think of is jennie's one line in the japanese version where she says "dough, it ain't rlly work if you're broke," but nothing other than that. where are ppl getting that????????
What I can’t understand is why people get so angry when you imply a song is about sex. When everyone was saying Ice Cream was about sex blinks got SO ANGRY. But… why… a lot of singers sing about sex, and sex is a completely normal part of life. It’s not a forbidden topic, and it’s not like children were singing it

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
What I can’t understand is why people get so angry when you imply a song is about sex. When everyone was saying Ice Cream was about sex blinks got SO ANGRY. But… why… a lot of singers sing about sex, and sex is a completely normal part of life. It’s not a forbidden topic, and it’s not like children were singing it
right! just like w any other song, don't listen to it if you don't like it lol. tho i was angry abt ice cream bc i KNEW it was abt sex despite the bright, childlike concept (*cough* lolita *cough*). i didn't get angry bc it's abt sex (i listen to nct, i'm used to it lol) i was angry bc it was lolita, ya know?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
right! just like w any other song, don't listen to it if you don't like it lol. tho i was angry abt ice cream bc i KNEW it was abt sex despite the bright, childlike concept (*cough* lolita *cough*). i didn't get angry bc it's abt sex (i listen to nct, i'm used to it lol) i was angry bc it was lolita, ya know?
That’s totally understandable. Society does like to… over dodgy concepts. I don’t really think that’s Blackpink’s fault though. Society just needs to do better and backtrack on all these dodgy things we’ve normalised

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
That’s totally understandable. Society does like to… over dodgy concepts. I don’t really think that’s Blackpink’s fault though. Society just needs to do better and backtrack on all these dodgy things we’ve normalised
exactly!

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
Yes that Mirae member messed up but don't target the whole group just cos of him, it's unfair for the other members who did nothing..

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Yes that Mirae member messed up but don't target the whole group just cos of him, it's unfair for the other members who did nothing..
wait, ppl are hating on the other members? that's messed up. the other 2 members in the car were clearly uncomfortable w him mocking tsuki...

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
What happened?
Like Winter said; Mirae's Douhyun mocked Billlie's Tsuki choreo and facial expressions. He subsequently apologised but fans are upset and are even attacking the whole group except from Dongpyo saying he's the only one who carries this flop group and other mean stuff. I found Douhyun rude aswell but it's not the groups' fault he acted so immaturely. They weren't part of this.
wait, ppl are hating on the other members? that's messed up. the other 2 members in the car were clearly uncomfortable w him mocking tsuki...
Yeah there are people attacking the whole group as well, calling them flops etc. except from Dongpyo cos he has a bigger fanbase since Produce and X1 days.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Like Winter said; Mirae's Douhyun mocked Billlie's Tsuki choreo and facial expressions. He subsequently apologised but fans are upset and are even attacking the whole group except from Dongpyo saying he's the only one who carries this flop group and other mean stuff. I found Douhyun rude aswell but it's not the groups' fault he acted so immaturely. They weren't part of this.

Yeah there are people attacking the whole group as well, calling them flops etc. except from Dongpyo cos he has a bigger fanbase since Produce and X1 days.
that's ridiculous. i don't understand how some ppl aren't embarrassed of themselves smh

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
that's ridiculous. i don't understand how some ppl aren't embarrassed of themselves smh
This is why I don’t call myself a Kpop stan because some of them really out here acting foolish like this & embarrassing everyone else

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
This is why I don’t call myself a Kpop stan because some of them really out here acting foolish like this & embarrassing everyone else
exactly. here is pretty much the only place i'll say i stan a grp. everywhere else, i just say i'm a kpop multifan or smth

Zerø_21

Maknae
Website
www.quotev.com
Credits
Yeosang
Yunho
Jongho
Seonghwa
Why does everyone think BTS=Kpop, I understand, they're one of the more popular groups out there, but I've been told that to the point it was annoying, like I tell I like Kpop and they're like "you watch BTS" (Yes I still do) but I also watch groups as Well

That did not come out the way I wanted but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
Does anyone else feel a sense of...wistfulness when you watch an old stage from one of your favorite groups? I was watching an old BTS stage, and it was just so nice to see them young and lively again. You can tell being idols sucked the life outta these men, and it sucks lol. They also used to be so genuine and just...them. Now it seems like they've lost themselves, kinda. I know people grow and mature, but you can't look at 2019 BTS and compare them to 2022 BTS. It feels like they all went through a huge identity crisis. But it was just refreshing and almost therapeutic to watch that stage though, and it showed just how much they've grown positively as well.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Does anyone else feel a sense of...wistfulness when you watch an old stage from one of your favorite groups? I was watching an old BTS stage, and it was just so nice to see them young and lively again. You can tell being idols sucked the life outta these men, and it sucks lol. They also used to be so genuine and just...them. Now it seems like they've lost themselves, kinda. I know people grow and mature, but you can't look at 2019 BTS and compare them to 2022 BTS. It feels like they all went through a huge identity crisis. But it was just refreshing and almost therapeutic to watch that stage though, and it showed just how much they've grown positively as well.
yeah, i feel that way when i watch old blackpink or twice stages. it's more nostalgia than wistfulness for me, tho bc it makes me proud to see how far they've come since then

Tracy

.𖥔 𝗟𝗶𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗼𝘂𖥔 ˖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
Website
tenacy.carrd.co
Credits
Dancing Winnie The Pooh
Mark
Haechan
Woozi
Why does everyone think BTS=Kpop, I understand, they're one of the more popular groups out there, but I've been told that to the point it was annoying, like I tell I like Kpop and they're like "you watch BTS" (Yes I still do) but I also watch groups as Well

That did not come out the way I wanted but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here
I totally get this
Idk why do people always think bts is kpop, it's very annoying tbh
I get that they are popular one of the most popular kpop groups but there is more to kpop than just bts
No hate I love bts but shit gets annoying, when i mention kpop first thing people say is bts like there are other groups and people in the kpop industry.

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
"the grammys don't actually care abt asians" olivia rodrigo won 3 grammys. just say you only care abt bts and move on /nbh
I think the thing is Olivia is American and BTS isn't. Olivia can also pass for other ethic groups tbh I thought she as Latina, I couldn't even tell she was Asian until I looked her up. I don't think the Grammy's "hates Asians" I just think they wanna continue to nominate BTS in hopes that ARMY will up their popularity and views.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I think the thing is Olivia is American and BTS isn't. Olivia can also pass for other ethic groups tbh I thought she as Latina, I couldn't even tell she was Asian until I looked her up. I don't think the Grammy's "hates Asians" I just think they wanna continue to nominate BTS in hopes that ARMY will up their popularity and views.
oh definitely. bts is such a large, worldwide fandom that makes it a v easy way to get views, which is the grammy's main motivation in nominating them specifically. i was mostly upset at twitter armies (ofc lol) who were claiming that bts's lack of a win was evidence that the grammys doesn't care abt any asians, which is ridiculous; it was those armies that didn't care abt asians. if they had done not even 5 minutes of research, they would know that many asians have won grammys before (starting in 1963 w larry ramos, a filipino american), including many indian artists. but bc they weren't east asians, these armies wanna ignore their achievements and focus only on bts. obviously, this isn't all armies (i did see a few mature armies that were reasonable and had educated themselves), but most of the ones i saw were responding/acting in this way

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note

Agreed! Same with Blackpink.