Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Why does everyone think BTS=Kpop, I understand, they're one of the more popular groups out there, but I've been told that to the point it was annoying, like I tell I like Kpop and they're like "you watch BTS" (Yes I still do) but I also watch groups as Well

That did not come out the way I wanted but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here
I get it’s frustrating but also sometimes just gotta remind yourself that non kpop stans probably don’t know anything about other groups, and are just trying to make conversation about something you’re interested in ^-^ gotta try and see it in a positive light (though I 100% agree that it’s tiring, especially since I don’t listen to BTS lmao)

Does anyone else feel a sense of...wistfulness when you watch an old stage from one of your favorite groups? I was watching an old BTS stage, and it was just so nice to see them young and lively again. You can tell being idols sucked the life outta these men, and it sucks lol. They also used to be so genuine and just...them. Now it seems like they've lost themselves, kinda. I know people grow and mature, but you can't look at 2019 BTS and compare them to 2022 BTS. It feels like they all went through a huge identity crisis. But it was just refreshing and almost therapeutic to watch that stage though, and it showed just how much they've grown positively as well.
Ah… this is one of the reasons I began to lose interest in Mamamoo. As the idols grow older and stuff you can defo tell the industry starts taking a toll on them. It’s sad to see when they’re younger and putting in 110% effort and everything is so new and exciting, and then they get to the point where they basically just perform and that’s it

Ah… this is one of the reasons I began to lose interest in Mamamoo. As the idols grow older and stuff you can defo tell the industry starts taking a toll on them. It’s sad to see when they’re younger and putting in 110% effort and everything is so new and exciting, and then they get to the point where they basically just perform and that’s it
As a multi stan. Yes that I can relate to watching old stages of OGs

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
TW // talking about sexualisation, particularly of women

I miss the sexy concept quite a bit. Obviously not in a creepy way. I just like the confidence the concept brings (eg, Touch My Body by SISTAR, you can’t help but feel so energetic from that song), and the sound it usually has, with being softer and jazzier (such as Something by Girl’s Day, or Short Hair by AOA). But ofc, Kpop stans ruin everything. With the way people speak about idols on twt, there’s very little chance we’ll see a return of the concept. Cant even have the cute concept without people (mostly men sorry loves) making it creepy. Thinking about how Yoon got attacked because she didn’t want to perform for the military. SHE’S 17? Why would she want to?? She was even younger when that went down as well. I was also watching a fancam of a BerryGood member a couple days ago, and she was performing their song Mellow Mellow (which is a very cute sounding song). And yet people in the comments were saying creepy stuff like “she would have beautiful babies”. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Women aren’t dolls for you to drool over and objectify. And ngl, but I have a feeling it’s probably not much better for male idols. It probably gets hidden better since most men don’t feel able to come forward about what they experience due to toxic masculinity. What a society we live in

𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 !

Kpop Expert
Website
kirbyslove.carrd.co
Credits
Asahi
TeuLight
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
i'm so tired of stans not holding their favorites accountable
bagnchan-straykids.jpg
EhZ_5DSX0AEY0tv.jpg
DhxP6nFWkAE1Dup.jpg
2e19a8795e581d1b3fa46866151dce8a.jpg
f69669bef1b4e8228fe3fc9aeda01ad56be6bf4cv2_hq.jpg
exo_kai.jpg
omg-ohmygirl-2-12055-1469111436-1_dblbig.jpg
tumblr_inline_p7jfzpGyIG1rbsjtb_540.png
main-qimg-fcbf53712f2c35d932b29e412b7327f7-lq
main-qimg-7553ba899edd0316dd3985dc40c1c842-lq
main-qimg-669c897464cd29dcbb3ac70cd31a6123-pjlq
main-qimg-20b768d18dce9f3a1c3e247dba4c320e-pjlq
main-qimg-11454f5183959c68c307578eb0410b18-lq
1*xYIdsdcy_-PoznwsoePSuA.jpeg
hyuna-braids.jpg
Are these really the idols you support?

𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 !

Kpop Expert
Website
kirbyslove.carrd.co
Credits
Asahi
TeuLight
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
i'm so tired of stans not holding their favorites accountable
bagnchan-straykids.jpg
EhZ_5DSX0AEY0tv.jpg
DhxP6nFWkAE1Dup.jpg
2e19a8795e581d1b3fa46866151dce8a.jpg
f69669bef1b4e8228fe3fc9aeda01ad56be6bf4cv2_hq.jpg
exo_kai.jpg
omg-ohmygirl-2-12055-1469111436-1_dblbig.jpg
tumblr_inline_p7jfzpGyIG1rbsjtb_540.png
main-qimg-fcbf53712f2c35d932b29e412b7327f7-lq
main-qimg-7553ba899edd0316dd3985dc40c1c842-lq
main-qimg-669c897464cd29dcbb3ac70cd31a6123-pjlq
main-qimg-20b768d18dce9f3a1c3e247dba4c320e-pjlq
main-qimg-11454f5183959c68c307578eb0410b18-lq
1*xYIdsdcy_-PoznwsoePSuA.jpeg
hyuna-braids.jpg
Are these really the idols you support?
It gets worse when there's so many Army on here saying that BTS did nothing wrong when the proof is right there? RM singing the nword and constantly wearing dreads, Jimin wearing a native head piece, JHope also wearing dreads. It's literally all there stop defending them

Lysaa

‘Go Habs Go’
Website
hurricanetort.carrd.co
Credits
Happy Sun
Mikasa Ackerman
Lizzie Hearts
Kokomi Teruhashi
It gets worse when there's so many Army on here saying that BTS did nothing wrong when the proof is right there? RM singing the nword and constantly wearing dreads, Jimin wearing a native head piece, JHope also wearing dreads. It's literally all there stop defending them
100000% agree with you! I remember when Jungkook got into a (minor) car accident and everyone and their half-brother was trying to cover up what he did.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Kpop fans are way too sensitive

I mean like we all knew this right so allow me to introduce you to a rollercoaster of a twitter event yesterday. Yes twitter when is it not really.

So many people here may have heard of the game Genshin Impact. Who also have a very horrid fandom may I add so like this was bound to be awful but surprisingly it doesn't seem to be Genshin fans who caused the issues this time.
In the game Genshin Impact there are 3 characters who are relevant to this story. Venti, who is a bard and SPOILER ALERT a god and he is voiced by a lovely voice actress named Erika Harlacher. Kaedehara Kazuha is another character who, as you may have guessed from his name, is the main character of this story. His voice actor is irrelevant to the story but what is relevant is he has an animation where he plays a tune on a leaf. Yeah I don't get it either. There's also Albedo, who is more or less irrelevant to this entire thing but he is voiced by one of the most chaotic men ever named Khoi Dao and he probably has some relevance to the story.

So 'Kazuha' begun to trend on twitter at some point yesterday, under the 'Music' category. Erika, as you may remember who voices Genshin's lovely bard, screenshots this and captions it "he isn't even a real bard". Khoi, who is like jokingly a huge fan of Genshin Kazuha, attacks Erika for her comment against Genshin Kazuha, and the two go back and forth for like hours. This of course gets a lot of attention from the Genshin community and it spreads about a little bit.

Now many like myself are fans of both Kpop and Genshin, so there were several people who made the connection that it was actually Kazuha from LE SSERAFIM who was trending. So the joke is hillarious right? Coz Erika made a joke about a character who isn't a 'proper' musician in the game trending under music. It's really funny. Like everyone here can laugh at that right?

Well not on twitter they can't. Clears throat.
"Not everything is about Genshin"
"Why do Genshin fans make everything about Genshin"
"Genshin fans forgetting once again Kazuha is a real name"

Look. I get it. Kazuha is in fact a real name. Gold star whoever pointed that out. And sure western people can be a little ignorant when it comes to that. But I'm pretty sure the majority of people tweeting about the Genshin character genuinely don't know about Le Sserafim. Why would they need to? Everyone was just laughing at what went down between Erika and Khoi. It wasn't that deep. You really don't need to cry about your beloved idol not getting the attention she deserves from one single person.
I also really like the fact they're making it out that Erika is just some random annoying genshin fan when she is in fact a grown woman who has worked on many voice acting projects. She was only making a joke about one of them?? They want to make it out like she's being ignorant to Kpop when they're just as ignorant to who she is.

Then the icing on the cake is that Erika had to tweet she does in fact know the tag was about LS's Kazuha, not Genshin's Kazuha. And she simply wanted to make a joke about it.

But ofc this is Kpop Twt and as we all know. Jokes are BANNED!

mochimingi

Kpop Amateur
Credits
i've been needing to rant so lets do it. i'm fed up with kpop stans defending idols who are ignorant, i see a lot of nctizens & stays act like they're not problematic its so annoying.

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
i've been needing to rant so lets do it. i'm fed up with kpop stans defending idols who are ignorant, i see a lot of nctizens & stays act like they're not problematic its so annoying.
frfr, i stan skz but I ain't gonna act like they didn't do what they did. let's accept it, educate ourselves, never do it again and move on. don't pretend like their angels, cause they most certainly aren't.

frfr, i stan skz but I ain't gonna act like they didn't do what they did. let's accept it, educate ourselves, never do it again and move on. don't pretend like their angels, cause they most certainly aren't.
Same

Aeri <3

Zenless Zone Zero
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
all-my-girls.carrd.co
Credits
✧ Suho!! ✧
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
✧ Aeon ✧
✧ Do Hanse ✧
Why do people wait til the person is famous to bring them down,yeah sure bulling is bad but if you didn't have the guts to do anything then why now. They probably look back at the things they've done and say "Wow that was really dumb" not saying they actually do that but if you really had a problem with what they did you could've contacted them in private and talked about it...

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
I HATE IT WHEN STYLISTS GIVE IDOLS PLAIN OUTFITS TO WEAR TO AWARD SHOWS
So basically when stylists give idols plain outfits like this for award shows
itzy_3.png

To be honest the ones they give on magazines are much better and much more suiting for award shows
ITZY-for-Singles-Magazine-March-2021-Issue-documents-5.jpeg
18-187420_jisoo-kimjisoo-billboard-billboardblackpink-2019-blackpink-jisoo-in.png

Its just they have so much more potential to do more on the outfits on award shows I get there is a dresscode but they could do more you know

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Why can’t anyone just be happy for whoever wins things.

I get it. Mnet does have a history of rigging. But it’s the fact no one dared consider the show might’ve been rigged before they saw the winner. No it’s only after because they didn’t like the scores. Does it ever occur to anyone that MAYBE some people you don’t like genuinely have the ability to win. Cant anyone just be happy. Because regardless of what Mnet says about it, people will still say the winner is rigged. No one can be happy about anything.

People continue to say Hyewon didn’t deserve to be in IZ*ONE even though they’ve been disbanded for a year.
People still say the true winners of Q1 were OMG or GI and not Mamamoo, just because “Mamamoo was more popular so it’s unfair”.
Same goes to Stray Kids : “no one had a chance”.
People immediately screamed rigging when Bahiyyih made K1, as if Mnet even wanted her to debut.
And now, the Q2 winner too.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
People need to leave Wonyoung alone.

She wore a different outfit to her group like ONE TIME and people have CLUNG to it like their life depends on it.

People really wanted to say Starship was favouriting her because she was wearing a different outfit in one of the Love Dive win photos they posted? And when someone kindly pointed out Wonyoung was wearing a different outfit because she was the show’s MC and needed to match with her colleague, some absolute twat came along going “no it’s favouritism you know it”. Shut up I’m not the biggest Dive in the world but you clearly no absolutely nothing about the group yet you want to act like you have them all figured out based on your petty assumptions.

And now they’re mocking her because she posed at a baseball game and then threw the ball wrong. Again. Absolutely ridiculous.
Every. Female. Idol. Usually. Poses. Before. They. Throw. The. Ball. That’s literally just how they do it. And then mocking her for throwing the ball. “Everyone knows-“ no fuck off.
1. I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY BASEBALL? In my country it’s not as common so shut up just because you know something doesn’t mean everyone in the world does
2. WONYOUNG IS AN IDOL NOT A BASEBALL PLAYER. It doesn’t fucking matter if she can’t throw a ball right because thankfully the Eleven and Love Dive choreos don’t involve throwing fucking baseballs.

Wonyoung is only a few months older than me. Neither of us are 18 yet. People are bullying a child just because she’s pretty and popular. If I was in Wonyoung’s situation, knowing whatever I wear or do will be mocked by thousands online, I’d quite frankly want to end it all. Kpop fans are the most horrible and hypocritical people I’ve ever seen and I’m sick of them.

I’m not even a Wonyoung bias. I didn’t really care about her when she was in Iz*one and now my IVE biases are Liz and Yujin. But you don’t even need to be her stan to realise the way she’s treated is absolutely bs. Wonyoung is beautiful, talented and probably a really sweet girl to her members. She deserves love not a bunch of jealous dickheads online

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

She wore a different outfit to her group like ONE TIME and people have CLUNG to it like their life depends on it.

People really wanted to say Starship was favouriting her because she was wearing a different outfit in one of the Love Dive win photos they posted? And when someone kindly pointed out Wonyoung was wearing a different outfit because she was the show’s MC and needed to match with her colleague, some absolute twat came along going “no it’s favouritism you know it”. Shut up I’m not the biggest Dive in the world but you clearly no absolutely nothing about the group yet you want to act like you have them all figured out based on your petty assumptions.

And now they’re mocking her because she posed at a baseball game and then threw the ball wrong. Again. Absolutely ridiculous.
Every. Female. Idol. Usually. Poses. Before. They. Throw. The. Ball. That’s literally just how they do it. And then mocking her for throwing the ball. “Everyone knows-“ no fuck off.
1. I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY BASEBALL? In my country it’s not as common so shut up just because you know something doesn’t mean everyone in the world does
2. WONYOUNG IS AN IDOL NOT A BASEBALL PLAYER. It doesn’t fucking matter if she can’t throw a ball right because thankfully the Eleven and Love Dive choreos don’t involve throwing fucking baseballs.

Wonyoung is only a few months older than me. Neither of us are 18 yet. People are bullying a child just because she’s pretty and popular. If I was in Wonyoung’s situation, knowing whatever I wear or do will be mocked by thousands online, I’d quite frankly want to end it all. Kpop fans are the most horrible and hypocritical people I’ve ever seen and I’m sick of them.

I’m not even a Wonyoung bias. I didn’t really care about her when she was in Iz*one and now my IVE biases are Liz and Yujin. But you don’t even need to be her stan to realise the way she’s treated is absolutely bs. Wonyoung is beautiful, talented and probably a really sweet girl to her members. She deserves love not a bunch of jealous dickheads online
i am wonyoung's #1 supporter, i will go to war for that girl. it makes me so mad how ppl online treat her. ppl are so mean. baseball is considered "america's favorite pastime" and as an american, i don't know a lick abt baseball. that's such a weird thing for ppl to be an ass abt lol. also, how are you gonna say starship is favoriting her when they put her in this:

211212-IVE-Wonyoung-ELEVEN-at-Inkigayo-documents-4(1).jpeg

god awful outfit, truly

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty

And this one time she ate a strawberry with two hands and ppl got MAD.
they called her a "try hard" but if she wants to act cute LET HER ACT CUTE
she literally not affecting anybody so ppl need to stfu and plus a lot of idols act this way with food so why are they just picking on wonyoung she literally did nothing to them.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
And this one time she ate a strawberry with two hands and ppl got MAD.
they called her a "try hard" but if she wants to act cute LET HER ACT CUTE
she literally not affecting anybody so ppl need to stfu and plus a lot of idols act this way with food so why are they just picking on wonyoung she literally did nothing to them.
She's literally just existing. Kpoppies smelling of jealousy as always