Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
I wonder why do famwars even exist, when the idols clearly let everyone know if they're friends
I mean the idols are normally friendly so why do there have to be fanwars
(please understand what I'm trying to say here)
because some fans feel threatened by other group's success so they bring them down to make their favorite group look superior 😕 really stupid. once it starts, i never ends because fans always feel like they need to clap back to defend their idols.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
scouting in kpop is really creeping. like the way they do it and sometimes they even chase after some of them.
a lot of ppl find it cute or funny but i just find it creepy.
Me and my friend were talking about this the other day. An idol was talking about how he was really young, I’m guessing 13 or younger, and a lady approached him and started harassing him for his mum’s number. Him, being a child, said no because his mother had always taught him stranger danger. She persisted until he finally gave up. Like geez that’s terrifying I’d be in tears if that happened to me. Another idol said after him that scouts would wait outside schools looking for new trainees. Seriously? Grown adults camping outside schools? It’s WEIRD. Yuna also got scouted the same year she left elementary school? Like you’re telling me she’s been training longer than she’s been a teenager??
Also, I’m not saying this to be weird I’m saying this as a fact, but most people don’t start puberty before 11 years old, which means idols who become trainees that young do ALL their most important development WHILE they’re training. Like they’re basically just growing up to be idols. That’s terrifying to me. They never get the chance to be a normal teenager

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I hate fans who think their fave is the absolute best most iconic flawless spotless groups as much as the next person, but I’m also getting sick of fans who can’t tell the difference between the word favourite and best.

I couldn’t give a shit if Yuju and Wendy are technically better vocalists than Solar (according to ranking videos I’ve watched), Solar is still my favourite vocalist (ok well she was until I found Davichi but shhhh). I don’t care if SNSD are objectively the most impactful and iconic kpop group in history, I’m still voting for ITZY over them if the question is about which is my favourite. Because that’s the truth. If the question is who is the best at something I will always be objective. But you don’t get to sit and be grumpy the second people actually get to choose their faves when that’s what the question tells them to do

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I hate fans who think their fave is the absolute best most iconic flawless spotless groups as much as the next person, but I’m also getting sick of fans who can’t tell the difference between the word favourite and best.

I couldn’t give a shit if Yuju and Wendy are technically better vocalists than Solar (according to ranking videos I’ve watched), Solar is still my favourite vocalist (ok well she was until I found Davichi but shhhh). I don’t care if SNSD are objectively the most impactful and iconic kpop group in history, I’m still voting for ITZY over them if the question is about which is my favourite. Because that’s the truth. If the question is who is the best at something I will always be objective. But you don’t get to sit and be grumpy the second people actually get to choose their faves when that’s what the question tells them to do
I've been strugling with the EXACT same thing, most of the time I spend talking to (pretty radical) kpop fans they get mad bc of my personal taste, even when I clarify my opinion is subjective. I already talked about objectiveness in this thread but so good you're mentioning it again.
PD: I also had the same problem when I said my fav vocalist is Solar.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I've been strugling with the EXACT same thing, most of the time I spend talking to (pretty radical) kpop fans they get mad bc of my personal taste, even when I clarify my opinion is subjective. I already talked about objectiveness in this thread but so good you're mentioning it again.
PD: I also had the same problem when I said my fav vocalist is Solar.
Pls I saw a post where someone was mad or something coz HYBE vocalists won on a poll of favourite vocalist compared to YG, JYP and SM. Like what’s the problem? I voted for HYBE coz I love Yunjin’s voice and I also think TXT are great singers. So I voted for the vocalists I liked and those vocalists are from HYBE?? That’s what the poll asked 💀 idc that SM artists are objectively better. The only SM artist I like is Wendy

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
Pls I saw a post where someone was mad or something coz HYBE vocalists won on a poll of favourite vocalist compared to YG, JYP and SM. Like what’s the problem? I voted for HYBE coz I love Yunjin’s voice and I also think TXT are great singers. So I voted for the vocalists I liked and those vocalists are from HYBE?? That’s what the poll asked 💀 idc that SM artists are objectively better. The only SM artist I like is Wendy
a lot of kpop fans have trouble accepting other people's opinion

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
I can't comprehend how someone can still bias Jennie from Blackpink. Yes, her verses/raps in BP songs are FIRE, but she isn't a good person. I'm tired of people trying to defend her. Unlike Lisa (who has done similar things to Jennie) she has apologized and spoken about it. While Jennie does not apologize claims that "she likes it" and never address the issue directly. She has recently appropriated my culture there for, this is the last straw for me. I wish y'all would open your eyes. When people say they don't like her, it's for a reason.

saucetae

Kpop Fan
Website
urmanshouse.com
Credits
Shoko Nishimiya
Jiyoon
Kim Dayeon
Rei
How are some people deeming New Jeans as their Ult group? We haven't heard enough of their sound to know if they're even good for real. On top of that, they don't know a thing about their personality. These be the same people who turn on them in a few months when they find out one of the members is trash. The same thing happened with Le Serafim and Garam. Get to know a group before you Ult them!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
How are some people deeming New Jeans as their Ult group? We haven't heard enough of their sound to know if they're even good for real. On top of that, they don't know a thing about their personality. These be the same people who turn on them in a few months when they find out one of the members is trash. The same thing happened with Le Serafim and Garam. Get to know a group before you Ult them!
People who make stan accounts before the first song is even released 💀 like what happens when the album drops and you hate it?? You just have to pretend like you love it and devote your life to this group?? I hardly even stan groups my only ult is ITZY and I decided that 2 years into their career. I don’t get how these people can decide they love and adore a group when they’re fresh out the womb. Like yeah, liking an album I get, but ulting?? Blows my mind

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I wish I didn't have
People who make stan accounts before the first song is even released 💀 like what happens when the album drops and you hate it?? You just have to pretend like you love it and devote your life to this group?? I hardly even stan groups my only ult is ITZY and I decided that 2 years into their career. I don’t get how these people can decide they love and adore a group when they’re fresh out the womb. Like yeah, liking an album I get, but ulting?? Blows my mind
That reminds me of a morbius fan acc, (I didn't watch the film but I already know it's bad) when the movie dropped the owner deleted it lol. Also there is a "one piece netflix fan" account on twitter that I have no idea why it exists, if an anime live action has 50% chance of being bad.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Tried to how tri.be some love and all I got was got was heartbreak and betrayal
after that other sang the nword and now this. Nothing good is happening for that company I fear.

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
there's people out there who ult IVE and both groups have the same amount of songs released? although IVE has way more behind-the-scenes content and some members debuted already so you know them more personnally

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
ppl who actively hate on garam are sick and i hate them. first and foremost, she's innocent. but also - SHE'S A CHILD. SIXTEEN. if you think it's acceptable to body shame, hate on, send death threats to a child, you're gross and should get off the internet permanently. and even if she was guilty, her haters are fucking hypocrites. how are you gonna say you hate bullying and then turn right around and bully someone??

anyways, i have garam photocards on the way and idc what anyone has to say abt it. stan garam, stream le sserafim, yunjin's new song is abt garam.

ppl who actively hate on garam are sick and i hate them. first and foremost, she's innocent. but also - SHE'S A CHILD. SIXTEEN. if you think it's acceptable to body shame, hate on, send death threats to a child, you're gross and should get off the internet permanently. and even if she was guilty, her haters are fucking hypocrites. how are you gonna say you hate bullying and then turn right around and bully someone??

anyways, i have garam photocards on the way and idc what anyone has to say abt it. stan garam, stream le sserafim, yunjin's new song is abt garam.
Y E S

I hope she's doing ok currently

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina

I don't think she's innocent but I don't think she's guilty, but yeah sending hate is hateable mostly because no one outside her personal life can know if she was guilty or not. I don't like talking abt her because precisely, I have absolutely no idea of what REALLY happened. In this cases what I think is best is staying neutral.
PD: why do you say Yunjin's song is abt Garam? It seems to be about herself. Not confronting, just asking.

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I don't think she's innocent but I don't think she's guilty, but yeah sending hate is hateable mostly because no one outside her personal life can know if she was guilty or not. I don't like talking abt her because precisely, I have absolutely no idea of what REALLY happened. In this cases what I think is best is staying neutral.
I agree. I think what happened to Garam is sick but both sides are getting a little obsessive considering the fact they weren't actually there (/nbh, this is based on what I’ve seen on Twitter) It does seem Garam has a lot of evidence going towards her, so I do feel extremely sorry for her if what she says is true. But I just want to leave the poor girl in peace now

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Idc anymore about aespa's choreographies. Yes, I think they're boring and that the members' talents are being thrown to the bin 'cause their most recent choreographies don't have dynamism or fun parts at all, but ya'll should be ok with aespa's priority: the vocals. I was really surprised when I saw their Coachella black mamba presentation, not even Ningning sounded stable. Now I'm glad their choreos are less "movey" so they are able to sing comfortably.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Idc anymore about aespa's choreographies. Yes, I think they're boring and that the members' talents are being thrown to the bin 'cause their most recent choreographies don't have dynamism or fun parts at all, but ya'll should be ok with aespa's priority: the vocals. I was really surprised when I saw their Coachella black mamba presentation, not even Ningning sounded stable. Now I'm glad their choreos are less "movey" so they are able to sing comfortably.
Kpop fans are too fixated on everyone being all rounders. Groups don’t have to be flawless at everything. Aespa are a vocal based group ofc they’re not going to have crazy dances like ITZY, same way that ITZY are a dance based group so we don’t have Lia and Yeji popping off with belts every song
So tired with midzys and mys comparing their talents hhh don’t mind me