Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Iz*Grass

♡ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇-𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♡
Author
Credits
The8
Jun
Zhengting
Seonghwa
tw: cursing, mentions of various scandals (mostly vaguely)

FIRST PART:
(this has no organization at all I just wanted to vent and its a mess)
I'm just really frustrated with how kpop fans deal with scandals. One second they're like, "OH THEY'RE GUILTY BLAH BLAH" and then the next they say "DON'T BLAME THEM THEY'RE INNOCENT" and its like, wtf make up your minds because when you think about it, it's not the "victims"/victims that are to blame for ruining these idols' careers, its the fans. No matter the accusation, fans always blow it so out of proportion it's insane. I'm also just kind of done with people saying they "know the situation" and are/aren't on X's side because WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU KNOW. (plz, kpf users dont take this to heart this is mostly directed to k-quora).

SECOND PART:
this is old news but I have to dig it back up for the sake of my insanity. the whole nmixx thing...I'm just so done with it. No matter what people say, I'm not gonna fucking budge from my position that it was plagiarism. Focusing on ateez here, it's not so much the mv or teasers that im still mad about, those scenes can be reused in different ways and I would be fine with them. Its the concept comparison between nmixx and ateez. if you read it, or at least, the english translation (idk korean), it would be something I would get an F on in English. For "paraphrasing without giving credit." I don't hate on nmixx, I just never watched their mvs or content and blocked them on spotify. (especially none to the girls) I dont mind other people supporting them, but falsifying claims to justify this? Making up lies so ur favs are "in the right"? fuck no. I'm done. also what's with plagiarism in kpop in general? at this point its not even news, just, "oops, i forgot to give credit ehhhehhe" anyway sorry nswers im not shitting on ur group im shitting on jype

THIRD PART:
cultural appropriation in kpop has got to stop. Some might accept it and like it, yes, but some don't, so stop. idk why the companies are just so "clueless" at this point what are they even doing anymore? And then there's cultural appreciation which a lot of fans blow out of proportion into appropriation and it's either black or white, black or white, no gray never gray and why the fuck can't kpop fans see gray? there's a spectrum to everything you know??!

bye.

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
tw: cursing, mentions of various scandals (mostly vaguely)

FIRST PART:
(this has no organization at all I just wanted to vent and its a mess)
I'm just really frustrated with how kpop fans deal with scandals. One second they're like, "OH THEY'RE GUILTY BLAH BLAH" and then the next they say "DON'T BLAME THEM THEY'RE INNOCENT" and its like, wtf make up your minds because when you think about it, it's not the "victims"/victims that are to blame for ruining these idols' careers, its the fans. No matter the accusation, fans always blow it so out of proportion it's insane. I'm also just kind of done with people saying they "know the situation" and are/aren't on X's side because WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU KNOW. (plz, kpf users dont take this to heart this is mostly directed to k-quora).

This this this. Kpop fans LOVE a villain. They treat kpop idols like they’re characters in a story. As soon as one of them might have done something evil they bash them to the point of no return. Jimin’s career was ruined almost to the point of no return, and the same happened with Garam. Soojin’s is an interesting case coz I don’t remember hearing any overwhelming hate towards her. Kpop fans will be like “you never truly know your idols” which is a fact, and then there’s also “always believe the victim” which is also important. But
1. You also don’t know the victim at all, you weren’t there. If someone you knew irl was saying they have been hurt by something, you’re more able to make an accurate judgement of what happened because you know this person well
2. Yes you should still believe the victim but believing a victim and destroying a perpetrator are different things. When someone is accused, or at least an idol you don’t know, you become weary of them, you become less trustworthy of them, perhaps you avoid them. But you WAIT until actual evidence has been proposed, both sides of the story are revealed and potential other people who were present can input. And even after all that you don’t start becoming a bully yourself. Kpop fans act like because they’re doing it for the justice of a bully, they’re allowed to cuss at, mock, degrade idols. Like no. You’re just being a rotten person and you definetly don’t actually care about the victim you’re just having a lovely time being mean.

Also when these scandals come out, people begin to over analyse everything. You have people taking clips out of context, adding false subtitles or effects to make the situation seem different to how it happened, they spread this online and EVERYONE eats it up because it fits the villain narrative they oh so love. These same videos with the correct subs, explanations of the context and little to no editing never get that same attraction. Because it’s boring. There’s no drama so why would anyone care

Also the lovely gray area. Has anyone ever stopped to consider perhaps sometimes BOTH people are in the wrong. Coz like the Mina-Jimin situation while Mina clearly needs help (in a genuine way I hope she can recover), I doubt Jimin did absolutely nothing that didn’t contribute to how awful it affected her. Also this “Eunseo”-Garam situation sounds like they both did shit to each other

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
This this this. Kpop fans LOVE a villain. They treat kpop idols like they’re characters in a story. As soon as one of them might have done something evil they bash them to the point of no return. Jimin’s career was ruined almost to the point of no return, and the same happened with Garam. Soojin’s is an interesting case coz I don’t remember hearing any overwhelming hate towards her. Kpop fans will be like “you never truly know your idols” which is a fact, and then there’s also “always believe the victim” which is also important. But
1. You also don’t know the victim at all, you weren’t there. If someone you knew irl was saying they have been hurt by something, you’re more able to make an accurate judgement of what happened because you know this person well
2. Yes you should still believe the victim but believing a victim and destroying a perpetrator are different things. When someone is accused, or at least an idol you don’t know, you become weary of them, you become less trustworthy of them, perhaps you avoid them. But you WAIT until actual evidence has been proposed, both sides of the story are revealed and potential other people who were present can input. And even after all that you don’t start becoming a bully yourself. Kpop fans act like because they’re doing it for the justice of a bully, they’re allowed to cuss at, mock, degrade idols. Like no. You’re just being a rotten person and you definetly don’t actually care about the victim you’re just having a lovely time being mean.

Also when these scandals come out, people begin to over analyse everything. You have people taking clips out of context, adding false subtitles or effects to make the situation seem different to how it happened, they spread this online and EVERYONE eats it up because it fits the villain narrative they oh so love. These same videos with the correct subs, explanations of the context and little to no editing never get that same attraction. Because it’s boring. There’s no drama so why would anyone care

Also the lovely gray area. Has anyone ever stopped to consider perhaps sometimes BOTH people are in the wrong. Coz like the Mina-Jimin situation while Mina clearly needs help (in a genuine way I hope she can recover), I doubt Jimin did absolutely nothing that didn’t contribute to how awful it affected her. Also this “Eunseo”-Garam situation sounds like they both did shit to each other
i completely agree.

speaking of garam tho, she left the grp even tho hybe said she wouldn't.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

absolutely agree.
and i'm super glad jimin is coming back. i'll admit, i hated on her at one point wo even looking at the facts. and like you said, i'm sure she's not completely innnocent, but she's also not completely guilty. i'll defininetly be supporting her cb.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
absolutely agree.
and i'm super glad jimin is coming back. i'll admit, i hated on her at one point wo even looking at the facts. and like you said, i'm sure she's not completely innnocent, but she's also not completely guilty. i'll defininetly be supporting her cb.
Since Mina’s accusations were the first I ever saw that were huge (I know before Jimin there was a situation with T-ARA so it wasn’t K-pop’s first) I was so disgusted by her actions and was glad she was gone. But now I just can’t help but feel sorry for her. The neighbours reports on how she would avoid looking at people and would try to be discreet as possible. Whether you’re guilty or not you just have to be mega careful as a celebrity because quite literally everyone is in your business and if you fuck up you’re out. Idk how successful she will be able to be now, but I just hope both she and Mina have recoveries they need. Especially Mina because even though I now hold resentment for what she did to AOA, I know it’s because she’s clearly had a traumatic life and it’s resulted in this behaviour of hers

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Since Mina’s accusations were the first I ever saw that were huge (I know before Jimin there was a situation with T-ARA so it wasn’t K-pop’s first) I was so disgusted by her actions and was glad she was gone. But now I just can’t help but feel sorry for her. The neighbours reports on how she would avoid looking at people and would try to be discreet as possible. Whether you’re guilty or not you just have to be mega careful as a celebrity because quite literally everyone is in your business and if you fuck up you’re out. Idk how successful she will be able to be now, but I just hope both she and Mina have recoveries they need. Especially Mina because even though I now hold resentment for what she did to AOA, I know it’s because she’s clearly had a traumatic life and it’s resulted in this behaviour of hers
yeah. also, before t-ara, there was s#arp. they were actually kpop's first ever bullying scandal and still considered one of the biggest by the korean public (also, the truth w this case came out, and several staff confirmed it)

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Jimin has been doing fine, as far I know. She’s even been back to posting on Instagram and looks happy and healthy, which is amazing. Not sure about Mina, since she seems to delete her IG everytime she gets caught doing something she shouldn’t be doing (like smoking in a hotel room) but I think someone said she was still harassing, gaslighting and trying to guilt trip Jimin back in May - September(?) 2021? Or maybe a little longer, give or take a few months

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
this is half related to kpop and half not.

I hate it so much what people are like aLl iDoLs hAvE pLaStIc sUrGeRy bEcAuSe tHeY hAvE dOuBlE eYe lIds

Yes, it's very likely that they could have had plastic surgery to get double eyelids but there are also those people who didn't get plastic surgery to achieve double eyelids. Even when there are pictures of the idols when they were infants with double eyelids people still refuse to believe it. Yes, they could have had plastic surgery to make their eyes bigger or their double eyelid more defined but, does that mean that they weren't born with double eyelids??

Then, there are the "aLl aSiAnS hAvE mOnOlIdS" group. No. They don't. The percentage of mono-lids to double eyelids is around 50-50. Double eyelids, from many studies, are less common in Koreans but what about the rest of east Asia?? Its like your saying. Because many koreans have mono-lids, that means that everyone has monolids too!!!! *obnoxious smile*

I had to search it up and this is what I found

https://www.quora.com/How-common-is-it-for-an-East-Asian-to-have-one-monolid-and-one-double-eyelid

I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal out of this but it annoys me so much.
THIS. THIS. ARGH.

one of the things I hate about online forums and basically netizens is this. the 'all asians have monolids.' NO. MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS DOUBLE EYELIDS, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ASIAN. ANY KIND, WHETHER EAST ASIAN OR NOT BEFORE? at this point, its almost just racism. and the mention of plastic surgery brings me to my next rant:

it's ok for idols to get plastic surgery.

look, for idols, their main job is NOT to create music. that is the producer's and composer's job (for most idols anyway). their main job is to look pretty.
now, what is plastic surgery? according to google, 'the process of reconstructing or repairing parts of the body by the transfer of tissue, either in the treatment of injury or for cosmetic reasons.'
most idols who get plastic surgery do it to make themselves prettier. what is their job? to look pretty. so when getting plastic surgery to look prettier, they are essentially trying to do their job.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I have such mixed feelings about CLASS:y rn.
On one hand, they have some absolute bops that I love. Like Tell Me One More Time is one of my favourite songs, and Shut Down is one of the best debuts imo. But, as so many people rightfully point out, the average age of the group is scarily low. And it seems like a lot of people are refusing to stan the group for this reason. See, usually I have groups that if they or their company does something dodgy, I’d want to boycott them until they or their company apologises. But the thing is not enough kpop stans are willing to boycott and would rather pretend things didn’t happen and just argue with rightfully angry fans instead. Like, if Blinks had just boycotted YG back in 2019 after making them wait a year, or maybe in 2020 after they went through it a second time, YG wouldn’t be able to get away with their current tactic.
But it seems like some fans are actually refusing to stan CLASS:y and I feel like I’ve seen more people unwilling to support CLASS:y (+ NewJeans) than other groups that have done problematic things in the past, so the fact I’m still willing to listen to CLASS:y’s music makes me feel like I’m sending a message to the company that created My Teenage Girl that what they’ve done is okay. Perhaps if it’s too late for me to un-like the songs I do, from now on I should just start boycotting groups with a frighteningly low average age…

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I’m so fucking sick of CA. I’m so tired of it. I genuinely don’t understand why it’s still happening.
By doing CA, neither side of the party wins, especially with a smaller group. Okay maybe bigger groups get away with it coz everyone is too busy hyping them up to give a shit about what they’ve done. But why the fuck are we still doing CA?! Fine we get it you don’t give a shit about the fans who are being affected by it. But what about the idols?! You as their company have a RESPONSIBILITY to protect them. You can’t just put them in clothes, hairstyles, give them props etc you know will hurt people, knowing the backlash and hatred they’ll receive. And if it’s the idols who have chosen this that is when you step your fucking game up and tell them “how about no, this will reflect badly on our image”.
I know I’m white, I don’t have the right to be offended on behalf of people. I’m not offended because how am I suppose to be offended by something that doesn’t affect me. But I do just feel tired of seeing people get hurt over and over by people they respected, or wanted to respect, and I’m tired of seeing idols get bullied and harassed for their company’s lazy attitudes. I get it. Unfortunately Korea isn’t a woke country like America or whatever. Idols probably are racist, homophobic, sexist, all the fun stuff. But when you reach out to a global audience or know you have one, you pretend like these aren’t your ideals and just do unproblematic shit. OKAY?! God when will this fucking end

KPOP_bb-gg_stan

Kpop Fan
Stray Kids Everywhere All Around The World
Website
iheartkpop.carrd.co
Credits
Rainbow Fingerheart
I’m so fucking sick of CA. I’m so tired of it. I genuinely don’t understand why it’s still happening.
By doing CA, neither side of the party wins, especially with a smaller group. Okay maybe bigger groups get away with it coz everyone is too busy hyping them up to give a shit about what they’ve done. But why the fuck are we still doing CA?! Fine we get it you don’t give a shit about the fans who are being affected by it. But what about the idols?! You as their company have a RESPONSIBILITY to protect them. You can’t just put them in clothes, hairstyles, give them props etc you know will hurt people, knowing the backlash and hatred they’ll receive. And if it’s the idols who have chosen this that is when you step your fucking game up and tell them “how about no, this will reflect badly on our image”.
I know I’m white, I don’t have the right to be offended on behalf of people. I’m not offended because how am I suppose to be offended by something that doesn’t affect me. But I do just feel tired of seeing people get hurt over and over by people they respected, or wanted to respect, and I’m tired of seeing idols get bullied and harassed for their company’s lazy attitudes. I get it. Unfortunately Korea isn’t a woke country like America or whatever. Idols probably are racist, homophobic, sexist, all the fun stuff. But when you reach out to a global audience or know you have one, you pretend like these aren’t your ideals and just do unproblematic shit. OKAY?! God when will this fucking end
I agree CA is horrible. It affects everyone; the idols, the industry, and the fans. As an American, I want to say that a lot of us aren't woke. We have our share of homophobes, racists, sexists, etc. These issues have always been here, but they are starting to be more politicized due to a lot of the younger generations fighting for equality, rights, and basic respect. Sadly, this will keep happening until our government grows a backbone and stands up for rights. Moving back to Korea and K-pop and CA, I'm Wasian (Chinese/White) and can't really speak for the populations that are more affected by CA (Minorities and such). But, they are probably offended by this issue. I agree with you, im sick of seeing people get hurt by the people who they respected and idols get bullied by the companies who have to stick to the things they have done and continue being lazy.

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
I totally get this
Idk why do people always think bts is kpop, it's very annoying tbh
I get that they are popular one of the most popular kpop groups but there is more to kpop than just bts
No hate I love bts but shit gets annoying, when i mention kpop first thing people say is bts like there are other groups and people in the kpop industry.
it's most likely the only group they know and they are simply trying to connect with you on the subject. if you say soccer a lot of people are going to think messi and if it's basketball then everyone will think lebron james. it's really not that deep, they just don't know much about kpop.

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
THIS. THIS. ARGH.

one of the things I hate about online forums and basically netizens is this. the 'all asians have monolids.' NO. MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS DOUBLE EYELIDS, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ASIAN. ANY KIND, WHETHER EAST ASIAN OR NOT BEFORE? at this point, its almost just racism. and the mention of plastic surgery brings me to my next rant:

it's ok for idols to get plastic surgery.

look, for idols, their main job is NOT to create music. that is the producer's and composer's job (for most idols anyway). their main job is to look pretty.
now, what is plastic surgery? according to google, 'the process of reconstructing or repairing parts of the body by the transfer of tissue, either in the treatment of injury or for cosmetic reasons.'
most idols who get plastic surgery do it to make themselves prettier. what is their job? to look pretty. so when getting plastic surgery to look prettier, they are essentially trying to do their job.
i agree that visuals are a very important in the industry but their job is music... they did not train for years to pose and smile at the camera.

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
some people act disgusted and scandalized by min heejin actions then say the most vile things about new jeans members...
i saw multiple posts accusing the girls of perfoming various sexual actions in exchange of a place at the chanel event and calling them names like slvt, it's truly disgusting. you're just as much part of the problem if you say those things
i hope the girls never have to see those comments :(

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
some people act disgusted and scandalized by min heejin actions then say the most vile things about new jeans members...
i saw multiple posts accusing the girls of perfoming various sexual actions in exchange of a place at the chanel event and calling them names like slvt, it's truly disgusting. you're just as much part of the problem if you say those things
i even saw a comment on the cookie mv (which is a completely innapropriate song for the girls), someone said oh, they're singing abt sex lol, i like it 😡😡😡

Iz*Grass

♡ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇-𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♡
Author
Credits
The8
Jun
Zhengting
Seonghwa
kpop fans are truly the worst hypocrites of all, they don't know where to stop. They bash on someone for doing X while saying things that are way worse. it's not even about the actual business and industry of kpop anymore (every industry has its dark side and kpop isn't any different), it's about the straight up disgusting actions that kpop fans take to take down groups or idols they dislike. I would actually be more okay if someone was just completely hating on everything and anything, but to be so two-faced as to do (what is stated in the quoted post and other additional things) just makes me so disappointed to see them even call themselves "fans."

(giving kpop fandoms a bad name outside of the industry too smh)

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
kpop fans are truly the worst hypocrites of all, they don't know where to stop. They bash on someone for doing X while saying things that are way worse. it's not even about the actual business and industry of kpop anymore (every industry has its dark side and kpop isn't any different), it's about the straight up disgusting actions that kpop fans take to take down groups or idols they dislike. I would actually be more okay if someone was just completely hating on everything and anything, but to be so two-faced as to do (what is stated in the quoted post and other additional things) just makes me so disappointed to see them even call themselves "fans."

(giving kpop fandoms a bad name outside of the industry too smh)
right it's very sad that some people will abandon all morals to support their favorite groups :confused: i hope they'll realize one day how messed up it is and try to be better themselves

I wonder why do famwars even exist, when the idols clearly let everyone know if they're friends
I mean the idols are normally friendly so why do there have to be fanwars
(please understand what I'm trying to say here)