Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i think after like highlight melody comes out today...do you mean the mv teaser?
No, I meant the Highlight Melody. I was expecting it at 4pm yesterday as that’s midnight in Korea so it would’ve been 00:00 21st August. So that’s why I was disappointed, as the schedule listed that the Highlight Melody was being released on the 21st

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Lighthearted rant.

I wish kpop companies stopped changing upload times. I literally never know when things are dropping anymore. Yknow how excited I was at 4pm yesterday, ready to listen to the After Like Highlight Melody. But then. NOTHING. And I have literally no idea when it’s coming out. Everything used to be PERFECT. Depending on whether it was GMT or BST, everything came out at 9am/10am and then 3pm/4pm. Now. It’s like companies are like eh it’s 11am let’s just drop a concept photo. And yknow the worst thing? Out of all the groups that changed when they upload their music videos, ITZY WAS ONE OF THEM. NOW THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS DROP AT 5AM OR SOMETHING. ITZY STOP CATERING TO YOUR AMERICAN FANS CATER TO MEEEE
if it makes you feel any better, most mvs come at at ridicuous times for the us, too. it's either a) while i'm at school or work, or b) at 4 or 5 in the morning

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
No, I meant the Highlight Melody. I was expecting it at 4pm yesterday as that’s midnight in Korea so it would’ve been 00:00 21st August. So that’s why I was disappointed, as the schedule listed that the Highlight Melody was being released on the 21st
ohhh ok sorry

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
if it makes you feel any better, most mvs come at at ridicuous times for the us, too. it's either a) while i'm at school or work, or b) at 4 or 5 in the morning
See idrm if the comebacks happen when I'm not around. Was mostly joking about ITZY releasing them while I'm asleep (I'd prefer to be asleep than in a situation I just can't listen because I'm busy). It's just the fact every company seems to have a different schedule - heck even every group seems to differ. I never know when the comeback is coming and it's annoying T--T

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
See idrm if the comebacks happen when I'm not around. Was mostly joking about ITZY releasing them while I'm asleep (I'd prefer to be asleep than in a situation I just can't listen because I'm busy). It's just the fact every company seems to have a different schedule - heck even every group seems to differ. I never know when the comeback is coming and it's annoying T--T
i think the teasers and concept photos differ from each company, but as far as i know every company will announce the release date when the comeback is scheduled, usually its at 6pm kst, 1pm kst or 12am kst

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i think the teasers and concept photos differ from each company, but as far as i know every company will announce the release date when the comeback is scheduled, usually its at 6pm kst, 1pm kst or 12am kst
That’s what I’m saying though. It’s confusing with all these companies differing between each other, because I can’t remember who releases what and when. I want them to all have the same schedule. Especially since I don’t use KST or any of the American timezones, it’s difficult to constantly convert between times and then also remember what time it converts to at a later date. If they all had the same release schedule, then I’d be able to just know based on my own timezone

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Kpop companies just pretending like idols that were in groups that left were just never there is so shady 💀

Perhaps I’m getting a bit ahead of myself but this Le Sserafim documentary just doesn’t seem like a good idea at all, because there’s like 4 possibilities I see happening and none end well.

1. All the footage is fake and was shot after Garam left, and therefore this isn’t a documentary but a show or whatever and is therefore just lying
2. The footage is all real, but will be edited extremely awkwardly to just try and pretend Garam wasn’t there. This would be the best choice but based on the fact an ot5 clip was shown practicing dance during the trailer idk if this is the root they’ve chosen
3. This footage was all filmed during pre-debut as OT5, and the company has been planning to kick Garam since the very beginning. The most unlikely since it’s right out of a conspiracy theory but at this point who knows
4. Garam is just in the documentary, and has to be acknowledged that she left. This would just give Hybe more shit though

Idk what Hybe is thinking though. Coz it’s not like everyone forgot Garam was there. That was like the main talking point of their debut. Like I swear more people cared about Garam’s scandal than the fact Sakura and Chaewon were there

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Shut Down is actually really good for sure better than Pink Venom. I'm just grateful I liked a Blackpink title track on first listen for the first time in since Kill This Love (I didn't dislike their other title tracks just took my a second to get into them). People will always complain so whatever

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
TW// abuse, p3d0ph1lia (also a lot of cursing)
I never let kpop scandals and gossips affect my own life but... everything that is happening and has happened with newjeans... It's so frustrating for me. I'm gonna open up since nobody here knows who I am irl. I was groomed by a woman when I was 13-14 (the woman was 32). I would say it was an abusive relationship because even if I didn't realize, that ***** was taking advantage of the fact I was a lesbian child. I'm sure Min Heejin (and everyone that let her in HYBE) are child groomers because I relate to so many things in that case. I already made a thread about this so I'm not going to put all the facts in here, so pls do your own research. The way MH talks about the maknae of the group, is the way my abuser talked about me. Constantly marking "the innocence" and the "young, fresh energy". I really thought I had a very odd relationship with that awful person, first because she was 32 and second because she loved to talk about children who did "very mature" things for their age. Another detail that is common in abusive relationships is that the abuser wants to make the victim feel guilty for being uncomfortable or disgusted, to avoid being accused.
Don't worry for me I went to therapy and everything is fine now, I am supported, but please don't stan newjeans. I know I said too much but the health of this girls is more important than entertainment, they are already attracting grown men to their fanbase and those creepy dudes are able to enter fanmeetings. It's much more important to protect the girls by firing their CEO and not letting creeps enter their space. It really is.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I never thought before about this but, children who debut in the kpop industry before entering highschool, example 13 - 15 year olds, they must deal with a lot of pressure. Like wtf are some people thinking that they agree on debuting minors? I don't think them being minors is the problem, but they should be studying and maybe if they wanna become idols then they also practice and take lessons to do so. But not even entering highschool and already being an entertainer??? Both Hollywood and kpop are fvcked up on this matter.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
TW// abuse, p3d0ph1lia (also a lot of cursing)
I never let kpop scandals and gossips affect my own life but... everything that is happening and has happened with newjeans... It's so frustrating for me. I'm gonna open up since nobody here knows who I am irl. I was groomed by a woman when I was 13-14 (the woman was 32). I would say it was an abusive relationship because even if I didn't realize, that ***** was taking advantage of the fact I was a lesbian child. I'm sure Min Heejin (and everyone that let her in HYBE) are child groomers because I relate to so many things in that case. I already made a thread about this so I'm not going to put all the facts in here, so pls do your own research. The way MH talks about the maknae of the group, is the way my abuser talked about me. Constantly marking "the innocence" and the "young, fresh energy". I really thought I had a very odd relationship with that awful person, first because she was 32 and second because she loved to talk about children who did "very mature" things for their age. Another detail that is common in abusive relationships is that the abuser wants to make the victim feel guilty for being uncomfortable or disgusted, to avoid being accused.
Don't worry for me I went to therapy and everything is fine now, I am supported, but please don't stan newjeans. I know I said too much but the health of this girls is more important than entertainment, they are already attracting grown men to their fanbase and those creepy dudes are able to enter fanmeetings. It's much more important to protect the girls by firing their CEO and not letting creeps enter their space. It really is.
i'm so sorry that happened to you, i hope you got justice <3
and i completely agree abt newjeans. i like a couple of their songs, but i'll never stan the grp, buy their albums/merch, or do anything to support min heejin, whether directly or indirectly. the amount of ppl i've seen praise cookie and say smth like "the lyrics are a shame, but i still like it" and continue to stream it is appalling. like, you're part of the problem babes. same thing w fever by enhypen. niki was, like, 15 or 16. he has no busy singing and performing such a sexual song

villain

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
It irks me when the majority of the stans in any fandom would force people to like all the members equally to be considered a “true fan” like…ok well how about if you like all your coworkers or your family members to be considered a what… a true coworker or smth? (lmao) that’s not how life works y’all. You’re allowed to not like someone, as well as not liking a member from a group that you like or that you stan - especially if there’s something about them that they do or say that pisses you off and that you don’t vibe with or can’t stand, or if at least one or some particular members give you cocky vibes etc. Like you can’t expect me to like all 10 members from golcha and that’s not gonna happen - also 10 is a pretty large number for a group anyways.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
i'm so sorry that happened to you, i hope you got justice <3
and i completely agree abt newjeans. i like a couple of their songs, but i'll never stan the grp, buy their albums/merch, or do anything to support min heejin, whether directly or indirectly. the amount of ppl i've seen praise cookie and say smth like "the lyrics are a shame, but i still like it" and continue to stream it is appalling. like, you're part of the problem babes. same thing w fever by enhypen. niki was, like, 15 or 16. he has no busy singing and performing such a sexual song
I think you're doing great. I don't understand how people who know what "cookie" really means can keep supporting the group. Even if they don't know Min Heejin is the one mainly targeting the girls, but as long as you see those lyrics you know some people on the management team are creeps.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Another day of Twitter making mad. I cant believe over 10 thousand people thought this tweet was a good one.

Won’t name idols and groups, but it might become somewhat apparent who this is about.

There’s an idol who had a comeback recently, and that group has been praised a lot for their stage presence. I think this group is killing it, and I think this idol is killing it. You see, this idol used to be in another group, where she was overshadowed quite a lot by the other members and I hardly even remembered she was there a lot of the time. I think it’s amazing how this idol has been able to shine in this new group.

Being praised wasn’t the issue though. The issue was the quote retweet that followed. You see, when the other group disbanded, this idol was under a different company, one which isn’t necessarily small though is rapidly losing impact in the industry. They had an existing girl group, and some theorised that two of the members of this disbanded group would join them. This idol obviously moved to a new company and debuted with the other group (the other became a soloist).

The girl group under the original company is quite small. I wouldn’t say they’re nugu because people recognise their name and their debut song in particular. I think their problem is their company gave them a couple songs that didn’t suit them, so now people don’t keep up with them anymore. This is besides the point though.

The quote retweet basically said “and to think we nearly lost her to SMALL GROUP”. Yes, that was the formatting. They capitalised the group’s name. They replied saying they didn’t mean it in a mean way but that doesn’t fucking excuse the unnecessary shade towards another group that did nothing wrong?? Their music okay might not be your taste but it’s not objectively bad, especially their releases this year. That tweet is also implying all the idols in said group aren’t worth it, they aren’t good enough, they don’t deserve to be in the same group as this idol. A lot were saying the company wouldn’t promote her properly and maybe that’s true. I mean, I will admit, as mentioned before this idol did not get mentioned a lot in her previous group. So maybe fans wouldn’t’ve followed her to this other group. But we don’t know that. Maybe she could’ve gotten the group big. I think it’s really unfair that over 10 thousand people thought this tweet was kind and necessary. We can praise idols and groups without dragging down others.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Another day of Twitter making mad. I cant believe over 10 thousand people thought this tweet was a good one.

Won’t name idols and groups, but it might become somewhat apparent who this is about.

There’s an idol who had a comeback recently, and that group has been praised a lot for their stage presence. I think this group is killing it, and I think this idol is killing it. You see, this idol used to be in another group, where she was overshadowed quite a lot by the other members and I hardly even remembered she was there a lot of the time. I think it’s amazing how this idol has been able to shine in this new group.

Being praised wasn’t the issue though. The issue was the quote retweet that followed. You see, when the other group disbanded, this idol was under a different company, one which isn’t necessarily small though is rapidly losing impact in the industry. They had an existing girl group, and some theorised that two of the members of this disbanded group would join them. This idol obviously moved to a new company and debuted with the other group (the other became a soloist).

The girl group under the original company is quite small. I wouldn’t say they’re nugu because people recognise their name and their debut song in particular. I think their problem is their company gave them a couple songs that didn’t suit them, so now people don’t keep up with them anymore. This is besides the point though.

The quote retweet basically said “and to think we nearly lost her to SMALL GROUP”. Yes, that was the formatting. They capitalised the group’s name. They replied saying they didn’t mean it in a mean way but that doesn’t fucking excuse the unnecessary shade towards another group that did nothing wrong?? Their music okay might not be your taste but it’s not objectively bad, especially their releases this year. That tweet is also implying all the idols in said group aren’t worth it, they aren’t good enough, they don’t deserve to be in the same group as this idol. A lot were saying the company wouldn’t promote her properly and maybe that’s true. I mean, I will admit, as mentioned before this idol did not get mentioned a lot in her previous group. So maybe fans wouldn’t’ve followed her to this other group. But we don’t know that. Maybe she could’ve gotten the group big. I think it’s really unfair that over 10 thousand people thought this tweet was kind and necessary. We can praise idols and groups without dragging down others.
i have genuinely no idea who this could be. can i ask in pms?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i have genuinely no idea who this could be. can i ask in pms?
Sure - I thought it was really obvious though coz I can only name one kpop girl group that that came back recently that has at least one member who used to be in another group 😭

oh wait there’s actually two that could fit that. But then we have to remember there was also a switch in companies too

Last edited:

babyz

@𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗻
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
Not antis of groups calling them co-workers in that new trend of naming which groups are close and who are not like they know them all personally lol.

Pbioilp

Band Manager
Author
Website
pbioilp.carrd.co
Credits
Ahri
Call Call
Sihyeon
Sure - I thought it was really obvious though coz I can only name one kpop girl group that that came back recently that has at least one member who used to be in another group 😭

oh wait there’s actually two that could fit that. But then we have to remember there was also a switch in companies too
theres a lot of groups that have similar story to this one
thats y i got confused about who ur talking

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Some fandoms need to shut the fuck up because you're genuinely making me hate your groups.
And I don't want that because the idols did nothing wrong.
But ffs seeing all your annoying attitudes is making me want your groups to never succeed. /noh

Look usually fandoms don't have this power over me, usually I only get this mad when I already didn't like the groups music, so I have basically no reason to support the group

Fandom A. Stop getting involved in literally every fandoms business. I get it, you're bored, and jealous because every other fandom is getting what they want whereas you're not. But shut up omg you hate how people vilainise your faves when you're the ones doing it literally everyone associates your fandom with bitterness and toxcity.

Fandom B. Not everything is plagarism. Chill. You're lucky your group makes music I actually like. But you're getting on my nerves.

Fandom C. Basically the same as fandom A. Sometimes you guys are funny but a lot of the time you're annoying. And don't get me started on the unnecessary dragging of a group that did nothing to your faves. Blame the industry, not the group x.

Fandom D. The reason I'm making this post. Your group is fresh out the womb but you're already INSUFFERABLE. Like how can a group be this new and have an army of fans that think they're the best thing that ever existed. I don't even know how to go into other things without making it completely obvious which group this is. But like... -_- you're annoying af.

If you think you know any of the groups, just like. Don't say who they are. Or start shit with me. Getting all defensive won't change my mind on the groups or your fandoms.

And also:
- Flop is only funny when used sarcastically. Not everything is a flop just because you don't like it
- Having the same concept, or parts of a concept is not plagarism
- If you say anyone 'outsold' anyone else you are extremely immature and need to go outside
- Outselling and charting doesn't automatically make a song better x