Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
Kpop fans are too fixated on everyone being all rounders. Groups don’t have to be flawless at everything. Aespa are a vocal based group ofc they’re not going to have crazy dances like ITZY, same way that ITZY are a dance based group so we don’t have Lia and Yeji popping off with belts every song
So tired with midzys and mys comparing their talents hhh don’t mind me
i disagree with saying that kpop fans are too fixated on all-rounders. of course everyone has their strenghts or one category that they excel in, but these people were trained to do both dancing and either singing or rapping. if the only thing you can show fan is your vocals and your dancing is mid at best then it brings down the quality of the perfomance as a whole. (and no i don't expect aespa to start breakdancing while belting out, but they look very uncoordinated on stage and i don't know who choreographed girls but they made it way worse)

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
i disagree with saying that kpop fans are too fixated on all-rounders. of course everyone has their strenghts or one category that they excel in, but these people were trained to do both dancing and either singing or rapping. if the only thing you can show fan is your vocals and your dancing is mid at best then it brings down the quality of the perfomance as a whole. (and no i don't expect aespa to start breakdancing while belting out, but they look very uncoordinated on stage and i don't know who choreographed girls but they made it way worse)
to be clear: i do not wish to spread hate to aespa. being part of a prestigious label like SM, they've had the public eyes on them since debut. all sorts of comments were made about them because of that and some are not as nice as others. i think this might've had an impact on their self-esteem and in turn their dancing, but i do not know them personnally and cannot affirm this is 100%. aespa has improved and will continue to improve in the future, they are still very new to the industry after all. i wish them all the best!!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I mean. Semi agree. They should have the ability to do all, within the 4th gen especially since performance is important. But I still think kpop fans expect too much from some groups. Vocals are way more important than dance, so a group lacking in dance isn’t really a big concern to me (after all, I don’t see the dancing when I’m listening to the song on my playlist). Most western artists don’t have full blown choreographies when they’re performing, it’s the stage presence that matters. I mean Mamamoo for example do not have very intense or difficult dances at all, but their expressions and energy are what make their stages interesting. So I still stand by Kpop fans still spend all their time expecting idols to be good at everything, and over exaggerate their faves’ abilities to fit the all rounder narrative.

As for aespa, I do agree they lack facial expression sometimes, and do occasionally appear un-coordinated, but it doesn’t matter to me since I don’t see all that while I’m vibing to their bops like Yeppi Yeppi and Girls 🙏🙏

I hope this doesn’t come off as an attack on literally anyone. This is observational statements only

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
I mean. Semi agree. They should have the ability to do all, within the 4th gen especially since performance is important. But I still think kpop fans expect too much from some groups. Vocals are way more important than dance, so a group lacking in dance isn’t really a big concern to me (after all, I don’t see the dancing when I’m listening to the song on my playlist). Most western artists don’t have full blown choreographies when they’re performing, it’s the stage presence that matters. I mean Mamamoo for example do not have very intense or difficult dances at all, but their expressions and energy are what make their stages interesting. So I still stand by Kpop fans still spend all their time expecting idols to be good at everything, and over exaggerate their faves’ abilities to fit the all rounder narrative.

As for aespa, I do agree they lack facial expression sometimes, and do occasionally appear un-coordinated, but it doesn’t matter to me since I don’t see all that while I’m vibing to their bops like Yeppi Yeppi and Girls 🙏🙏

I hope this doesn’t come off as an attack on literally anyone. This is observational statements only
For the dancing, I didn't mean the choreography have to be difficult or complicated, they should be fitting the concept and executed well to deliver a great performance. I do agree that fans overestimate their idols abilities by calling them all-rounder. In the end, I think this debate will end up like most in the kpop community where people name their favorite without truly thinking about what it would mean to be an all-rounder. (Also, there is definitly crazy expectations for people in the industry to be perfect at all times when it is not humanly possible. I wholeheartedly agree on that point.)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Kpop fans are so fucking stupid I’m sorry. Maybe they’re just joking but from someone who used to be delirious it’s not hard for me to imagine that there are still delirious fans out there.

So let me say it simply. Korea is a homophobic country. It is not safe to come out as gay in Korea. People who come out as gay get shunned from the industry, or even attacked on the streets like how we saw with Holland. Yes it’s becoming more accepting every year but we haven’t gotten to a point it’s safe.
If your idols are almost spelling out that they’re in a relationship with another member of their group, there is a 99.9% chance it’s FAN SERVICE. No idol is going to out their relationship with another member of their group if it could cost them their career and their group’s reputation. If an idol was genuinely gay, they would most likely do as much as they can to protect themselves from the industry. I’m sure there are a few exceptions. But that leads me to another point.
Continuously trying to prove someone is gay who hasn’t yet come out is an act of outing and outing is a homophobic act, as it directly puts someone in danger of homophobic actions towards them. I’ve seen how some homophobic fans talk about “gay idols” who aren’t even out.

I know for a fact if you went through my old messages here, I used to say a lot of things that contradict this post. But I’m saying these now because I’ve realised my harmful attitudes. A joke here and there is harmless, but people don’t kid yourselves into turning people into your gay idols when you don’t even know if they’re gay. Don’t assume they’re straight either. Just don’t think about it. Sexuality really isn’t a big deal. But if you are so desperate to support gay idols go support Holland

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
@_brienna♪ i think yunjin's song is abt garam bc of some of the lyrics + she's talking to another person. just to name some:

"i'd hate to waste this on us, but i truly hope they find their piece of mind"
"i don't know what i'll be doing without you"
"don't know if you drink, but raise of glass to the past in the story of us"
"and everybody's talking shit, no bigger hypocrite / it's fine tho / my sisters and i, we sympathize"
"i'm fearless, but i still fear you'll disappear cuz i couldn't be the person that you need"

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I hate when YouTube polls are like “which is your fave kpop release by a soloist” and then all the answers are members of groups. Like come on can’t we bring some attention to actual soloists. Not one time soloists to boost their groups

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
I hate when YouTube polls are like “which is your fave kpop release by a soloist” and then all the answers are members of groups. Like come on can’t we bring some attention to actual soloists. Not one time soloists to boost their groups
so true 😕 my girls seori, jo yuri, boa and yukika deserves all the love

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
so true 😕 my girls seori, jo yuri, boa and yukika deserves all the love
yeah like, with jo yuri she used to be in a group, which is fine, because tbh i think considering her as a soloist is more respectful as some fans really love discrediting the new paths that group took but anywho not here to start drama but, like there were 4 answers and 3 of them were still promoting with their groups. the 4th option was Jessi so like at least we got 1 soloist. i think it's very fun when idols get their solo debut but they're not soloists to me until that's their primary focus. perhaps the only exception i can really think of is Mamamoo (perhaps others may know groups in a similar situation) as right now though they are all still under the Mamamoo contract, they have been persuing solo promotions more and more. but as things currently stand I do still see them as Mamamoo members before soloists

loonayoongi

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Seori
yeah like, with jo yuri she used to be in a group, which is fine, because tbh i think considering her as a soloist is more respectful as some fans really love discrediting the new paths that group took but anywho not here to start drama but, like there were 4 answers and 3 of them were still promoting with their groups. the 4th option was Jessi so like at least we got 1 soloist. i think it's very fun when idols get their solo debut but they're not soloists to me until that's their primary focus. perhaps the only exception i can really think of is Mamamoo (perhaps others may know groups in a similar situation) as right now though they are all still under the Mamamoo contract, they have been persuing solo promotions more and more. but as things currently stand I do still see them as Mamamoo members before soloists
yeah but jo yuri's group disbanded and she started a career as a soloist so she is one. i don't rlly like jessi's music so 😭 and at one point i thought mamamoo disbanded because they were doing so much solos but it's great that they're still together! i think i feel the same about bts. they've had mixtapes before and now solo albums and while they are still a group, some members are already well established soloists.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I get you miss that group, but the members have brand new careers now. She’s a soloist now. She’s not x from y. Stop calling the members this way and just move on. I’m sure people will move on eventually coz all the other similar groups don’t get this same treatment

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I get you miss that group, but the members have brand new careers now. She’s a soloist now. She’s not x from y. Stop calling the members this way and just move on. I’m sure people will move on eventually coz all the other similar groups don’t get this same treatment
is this abt an ex-iz*one member..?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
is this abt an ex-iz*one member..?
Perhaps. I didn’t want to specifically name a fandom as I know disbandment is a sensitive topic. But I’m in a discord server that covers comeback news and they always refer to the ex-members of this group as MEMBER (Group) rather than Soloist. It bothers me. Like ofc you miss the group. I think most people do. And they will always be members of that group. But like, Yuju is now a soloist, not a member of Gfriend, Chungha is now a soloist, not a member of I.O.I, Sunmi is now a soloist, not a member of Wonder Girls. Maybe Yuju isn’t the best example to use as her leaving Gfriend is still fresh, and so there probably are people who still refer to her as Yuju from Gfriend, but from what I’ve noticed in a lesser way. This one fandom which I still refuse to name even though it’s increasingly obvious just won’t let go. I’ve even heard people say there were plans for them to bring their lightsticks to another group’s performances. Ofc you want to support the members who have redebuted but have some respect for the new careers!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Perhaps. I didn’t want to specifically name a fandom as I know disbandment is a sensitive topic. But I’m in a discord server that covers comeback news and they always refer to the ex-members of this group as MEMBER (Group) rather than Soloist. It bothers me. Like ofc you miss the group. I think most people do. And they will always be members of that group. But like, Yuju is now a soloist, not a member of Gfriend, Chungha is now a soloist, not a member of I.O.I, Sunmi is now a soloist, not a member of Wonder Girls. Maybe Yuju isn’t the best example to use as her leaving Gfriend is still fresh, and so there probably are people who still refer to her as Yuju from Gfriend, but from what I’ve noticed in a lesser way. This one fandom which I still refuse to name even though it’s increasingly obvious just won’t let go. I’ve even heard people say there were plans for them to bring their lightsticks to another group’s performances. Ofc you want to support the members who have redebuted but have some respect for the new careers!
gotcha...yeah, i think bringing another grp's lightstick (even a grp the person used to be a part of) is super disrespectful. you'd be better off not using anything or using your phone on a screen that just says the grp/soloist's name.
funnily enough, i was just raving to my cousin abt how great of a soloist yena is, even if i miss iz*one lol

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
gotcha...yeah, i think bringing another grp's lightstick (even a grp the person used to be a part of) is super disrespectful. you'd be better off not using anything or using your phone on a screen that just says the grp/soloist's name.
funnily enough, i was just raving to my cousin abt how great of a soloist yena is, even if i miss iz*one lol
I think there's a respectful way of acknowleding their old careers. Taking Yuju as an example when just refering to her, especially since GFRIEND's disbandment is so fresh, I could say Yuju Gfriend/Soloist. But like when talking about her promotions, for example Play. It's 'Play' - Yuju (Soloist) not 'Play' - Yuju (Gfriend). And I totally get it must be so sucky to lose your favourite groups, or sometimes people just make mistakes coz they forget (I made a mistake recently with a VIVIZ member!). But like, yeah when referring to their activities it's their activities. And ofc you can't refer to new groups by the group some of their old members were in. And I'm sure the new members care a lot about their group members, and respect their past group time, so seeing their old lightsticks probably isn't the end of the world. But my heart would sink a little, thinking these fans aren't there for me, or they wish my group had never debuted in favour of the others

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Lighthearted rant.

I wish kpop companies stopped changing upload times. I literally never know when things are dropping anymore. Yknow how excited I was at 4pm yesterday, ready to listen to the After Like Highlight Melody. But then. NOTHING. And I have literally no idea when it’s coming out. Everything used to be PERFECT. Depending on whether it was GMT or BST, everything came out at 9am/10am and then 3pm/4pm. Now. It’s like companies are like eh it’s 11am let’s just drop a concept photo. And yknow the worst thing? Out of all the groups that changed when they upload their music videos, ITZY WAS ONE OF THEM. NOW THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS DROP AT 5AM OR SOMETHING. ITZY STOP CATERING TO YOUR AMERICAN FANS CATER TO MEEEE

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
Lighthearted rant.

I wish kpop companies stopped changing upload times. I literally never know when things are dropping anymore. Yknow how excited I was at 4pm yesterday, ready to listen to the After Like Highlight Melody. But then. NOTHING. And I have literally no idea when it’s coming out. Everything used to be PERFECT. Depending on whether it was GMT or BST, everything came out at 9am/10am and then 3pm/4pm. Now. It’s like companies are like eh it’s 11am let’s just drop a concept photo. And yknow the worst thing? Out of all the groups that changed when they upload their music videos, ITZY WAS ONE OF THEM. NOW THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS DROP AT 5AM OR SOMETHING. ITZY STOP CATERING TO YOUR AMERICAN FANS CATER TO MEEEE
i think after like highlight melody comes out today...do you mean the mv teaser?