Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
can we stop using the term "pick-me"?
how tf do you know their intentions, or what they're trying to do.
Just because she acts cute in front of a camera, she's all of a sudden doing it for the male idol behind her, and now she's a pick me.
if she sings a song while barely dancing to it, she's a pick me
if she eats cute, she's a pick me.
And Idols like attention, and i'm sure everyone else does sometimes. If they didn't like attention they wouldn't have become an idol. And companies want attention drawn to their idol, so I'm sure they will do things to do draw attention to themself's and that's ok.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Tiktok has become weirdly obsessed with IVE recently and not in a good way. Really just showing how quickly people switch up on idols.
This time last year, everyone was arguing about whether they were doing the Eleven dance wrong or not. Then in the spring everyone was dancing to Love Dive, and wanting peace and love. THEN in the summer everyone was dancing to After Like and if even became a meme outside of kpop. BUT now suddenly they’ve won all their awards, all I’m seeing about them is negative stuff.
Now this isn’t saying you have to like the group. Obviously not. If you don’t like the group that’s fine, but if you’ve been engaging in any of these activities perhaps question why:
1. “IVE are colleagues”… meme? Whatever you want to call it. Now, the problem with this trend is not whether IVE are actually “colleagues” or not. It’s the fact it’s a bunch of non-dives absolutely obsessing over it. Over a few clips circling online. Let’s be real for a second. IVE are a year old group, with 2 very famous idols. The chances all 6 of them met and we were like wow we love each other let’s be besties… not looking good. Maybe they have the opportunity to grow closer, maybe they won’t, maybe they’re already close but not expressing it much. The fact is it doesn’t matter if you like the music.
They’re saying this as if all their faves are 100% besties. Because trust me, there are groups doing it just for public image, they’re just better at acting it. Now just to make it worse, LE SSERAFIM always get mentioned alongside this. HYBE makes LE SSERAFIM all equal. LE SSERAFIM have a genuine bond. This reeks of jealousy to me. LE SSERAFIM are amazing group, amazing performers, have some amazing songs. But they got overshadowed this year probably simply because IVE debuted first. Funny how everyone attacked Garam for allegedly saying “Le Sserafim up, IVE down” when that’s literally how everyone is acting 💀. ALSO SAKURA AND CHAEWON WERE IN A GROUP WITH YUJIN AND WONYOUNG FOR YEARS??? People have been going off about IZ*ONE’s bond forever but suddenly now you guys want to bring a successful group of women down it’s all about pitting the two groups against each other??? Immaturity.
I just want to make it clear I don’t actually know whether Fearnots are the one acting this way or not. I’m just trying to make a point about how ridiculous people are acting.

2. Right, now let’s talk about how people are currently mocking Leeseo for the way she cried at an award show. Yknow a comment I saw. I saw “wow, she’s really acting like a baby. She’s 15 not 5”. Or something along those lines.
Now. I’ll give you 5 seconds to figure out why I find this comment so fucking embarrassing…
Have you got it?
Ding ding ding. Because kpop stans will see their 30 year old idols wear cat ears going nyah nyah and be like omg uwu baby I lub must protect you. But when an actual fucking child does something slightly “immature” suddenly you’re mocking her for acting “younger than her age”. Spoiler alert, idols almost never “act their age”. Because usually all fans want to see is aegyo.
Let’s also acknowledge the fact so many idols cry during their award acceptances?! Adults and teenagers alike. The amount of idols who cry. And usually they go viral for it because they’re so cute. But no let’s mock a teenager for her “immature” and “unauthentic” reaction. Bringing back Garam, it’s funny how everyone condemned her for being a bully (while she was a minor, let’s remember), yet they’re also acting like this to other minors. No kpop stan actually cares about shit. They care about making fun of idols who are prettier and more successful than they are.

Again, if you don’t like IVE, this isn’t about you. If you haven’t done any of these things, this isn’t about you (funny that). My problem lies completely in the fact kpop stans are hypocritical, and will do anything to bring down successful idols just because they’re jealous. Because, once again, pretty sure the problem here is jealousy. It always is

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Tiktok has become weirdly obsessed with IVE recently and not in a good way. Really just showing how quickly people switch up on idols.
This time last year, everyone was arguing about whether they were doing the Eleven dance wrong or not. Then in the spring everyone was dancing to Love Dive, and wanting peace and love. THEN in the summer everyone was dancing to After Like and if even became a meme outside of kpop. BUT now suddenly they’ve won all their awards, all I’m seeing about them is negative stuff.
Now this isn’t saying you have to like the group. Obviously not. If you don’t like the group that’s fine, but if you’ve been engaging in any of these activities perhaps question why:
1. “IVE are colleagues”… meme? Whatever you want to call it. Now, the problem with this trend is not whether IVE are actually “colleagues” or not. It’s the fact it’s a bunch of non-dives absolutely obsessing over it. Over a few clips circling online. Let’s be real for a second. IVE are a year old group, with 2 very famous idols. The chances all 6 of them met and we were like wow we love each other let’s be besties… not looking good. Maybe they have the opportunity to grow closer, maybe they won’t, maybe they’re already close but not expressing it much. The fact is it doesn’t matter if you like the music.
They’re saying this as if all their faves are 100% besties. Because trust me, there are groups doing it just for public image, they’re just better at acting it. Now just to make it worse, LE SSERAFIM always get mentioned alongside this. HYBE makes LE SSERAFIM all equal. LE SSERAFIM have a genuine bond. This reeks of jealousy to me. LE SSERAFIM are amazing group, amazing performers, have some amazing songs. But they got overshadowed this year probably simply because IVE debuted first. Funny how everyone attacked Garam for allegedly saying “Le Sserafim up, IVE down” when that’s literally how everyone is acting 💀. ALSO SAKURA AND CHAEWON WERE IN A GROUP WITH YUJIN AND WONYOUNG FOR YEARS??? People have been going off about IZ*ONE’s bond forever but suddenly now you guys want to bring a successful group of women down it’s all about pitting the two groups against each other??? Immaturity.
I just want to make it clear I don’t actually know whether Fearnots are the one acting this way or not. I’m just trying to make a point about how ridiculous people are acting.

2. Right, now let’s talk about how people are currently mocking Leeseo for the way she cried at an award show. Yknow a comment I saw. I saw “wow, she’s really acting like a baby. She’s 15 not 5”. Or something along those lines.
Now. I’ll give you 5 seconds to figure out why I find this comment so fucking embarrassing…
Have you got it?
Ding ding ding. Because kpop stans will see their 30 year old idols wear cat ears going nyah nyah and be like omg uwu baby I lub must protect you. But when an actual fucking child does something slightly “immature” suddenly you’re mocking her for acting “younger than her age”. Spoiler alert, idols almost never “act their age”. Because usually all fans want to see is aegyo.
Let’s also acknowledge the fact so many idols cry during their award acceptances?! Adults and teenagers alike. The amount of idols who cry. And usually they go viral for it because they’re so cute. But no let’s mock a teenager for her “immature” and “unauthentic” reaction. Bringing back Garam, it’s funny how everyone condemned her for being a bully (while she was a minor, let’s remember), yet they’re also acting like this to other minors. No kpop stan actually cares about shit. They care about making fun of idols who are prettier and more successful than they are.

Again, if you don’t like IVE, this isn’t about you. If you haven’t done any of these things, this isn’t about you (funny that). My problem lies completely in the fact kpop stans are hypocritical, and will do anything to bring down successful idols just because they’re jealous. Because, once again, pretty sure the problem here is jealousy. It always is
the "ive are just colleagues" thing bugs me so bad, esp bc ppl have being to same thing to red velvet for yrs. just bc they aren't all over each other all the time doesn't mean they aren't close! and even if they aren't close, it doesn't matter. as long as they're at least cordial and not mean to each other, who cares?

moonlight

청하
Staff member
Credits
Starstruck
why does a concept like tripleS exist...
its just controlling on the fan side
fans already have a large amount of control over kpop and having a concept where you can vote which members stay for the next comeback is just ridiculous.... you're just hurting the girl's mental state (because we all know how social media works) to help push your company up to stardom and I just don't see how that'll work

sometimes you've gotta treat it like a long term health platonic relationship

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
All these antis spreading a video of Yuna doing aegyo to hate on her the same time her U Go Girl cover went viral LMAO not even hiding their jealousy. Coz they’re just yknow completely ignoring the fact every member did aegyo…

Ooh you wanna be her so bad. Yknow if I was a public stan acc I’d literally just reply to any hate with her fancam that has over 4 million views now 🤪

villain

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
lmfaooo I can't believe some armys are mad at hongjoong for NOT saying the n word while ateez were covering T.O.P a few days ago at the KBS song festival. like I get it your fav (namjoon) said it years ago, and now you're mad and jealous that another idol decided NOT to say it???
well, at least hongjoong did the exact right thing for replacing that word with "guys" instead like y'all want him to be cancelled so bad by atinys and non-atinys smh....go touch some fucking grass you clowns 🤡

getting mad over someone for NOT saying a racial slur has got to be the extreme most stupidest thing I've ever witnessed or known

nwjns

Kpop Rookie
Credits
min heejin isnt a pedophile
i understand when ppl on tiktok say that bc the lyrics of cookie are questionable but that still doesnt mean shes a pedo
the first member of newjeans she picked was minji and minji is 18 so she had to find other trainees with the same vibe and age range as minji and hyien ( maknae) was chosen last only a year b4 debut so that means heejin only picked her bc they needed a member NOT bc shes a pedo? ( lets not forget about niki who debut at the same age as her)

also hannis mum gifted nwjns matching pjs INCLUDING heejin and said that heejin was like hannis horean mum
and , heejin removed the traiinee debt so that they could be less stressed and she said it was so cute seeing them buying all the things they wanted

if nwjns are happy then in the end it really doesnt matter whether u think she is or not but its funny when someone who isnt a fan and hasnt seen how much theyre grateful for heejin comes and says that shes pedo

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i understand when ppl on tiktok say that bc the lyrics of cookie are questionable but that still doesnt mean shes a pedo
the first member of newjeans she picked was minji and minji is 18 so she had to find other trainees with the same vibe and age range as minji and hyien ( maknae) was chosen last only a year b4 debut so that means heejin only picked her bc they needed a member NOT bc shes a pedo? ( lets not forget about niki who debut at the same age as her)

also hannis mum gifted nwjns matching pjs INCLUDING heejin and said that heejin was like hannis horean mum
and , heejin removed the traiinee debt so that they could be less stressed and she said it was so cute seeing them buying all the things they wanted

if nwjns are happy then in the end it really doesnt matter whether u think she is or not but its funny when someone who isnt a fan and hasnt seen how much theyre grateful for heejin comes and says that shes pedo
Her accusations don't just come from NewJeans though... she worked with SM before NewJeans and dressed their idols who were minors at the time in revealling outfits, such as f(x) members in mini skirts and Taemin shirtless. I also saw accusations that she had photos of minors in inappropriate situations on a moodboard or something which she defended as a "present" or something. I don't think it's a bad thing people are being defensive against Min Heejin. People are terrified for the safety of the NewJeans members since some of them are minors. It's not an attack on the NewJeans members themselves

wonsta

Band Manager
Credits
Dipsy
✧ Baekgyeul Bbobbipo ✧
Mondoongie
✧ Monsta X Hyungwon ✧
this is kind of a serious topic but...

why are idols so beautiful, my standards are going through the roof right now, this is not okay!! Please can we get some ugly idols... or maybe can we get some beautiful men in school and maybe not debut all of them! Like for example... why the heck is Baekgyeul from E'Last so beautiful, it is a little unessesary. AND Serim from Cravity :, ) I am not okay! PLEASE START MAKING THEM UGLY < 3

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon

why are idols so beautiful, my standards are going through the roof right now, this is not okay!! Please can we get some ugly idols... or maybe can we get some beautiful men in school and maybe not debut all of them! Like for example... why the heck is Baekgyeul from E'Last so beautiful, it is a little unessesary. AND Serim from Cravity :, ) I am not okay! PLEASE START MAKING THEM UGLY < 3
relatable frfr

nwjns

Kpop Rookie
Credits

haha right im so superised they havent run out of pretty ppl to debut

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

newjeans being close to and admiring min heejin is not the proof you think it is /nm. mhj has done and said many questionable things and does in fact have questionable art in her studio. i'm not saying she's a pedophile bc that's a very serious accusation, but i don't like her. if she is a pedophile, she will have almost certainly groomed the members into thinking it's okay, hence they love and would defend any bad behavior on her part.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Lighthearted rant!

So I was just minding my business on tiktok yeah? And yknow how like when a video has sad content there’s always a sad song. And that sad song is usually edited to be even sadder.
Well. Today’s episode of what sad song is this was Fallin’ Light by GFRIEND, which I believe is a Japanese title track they did? It has a music video which is what leads me to believe this.
Anywho. It sounded FUCKING GORGEOUS. It was edited ofc so I was like well I need to listen to the real thing because it sounded like it would be gorgeous without the editing. So I go to Spotify, and type in “Gfriend Fallin’ Light”…. Nothing. There are playlists with the name, but even the playlists don’t have it. So I’m thinking… what is happening. Is this not the real song name?? But the comments aren’t saying anything either. But then I finally find a playlist that had it… it’s blocked. The Spotify description says “it wasn’t released on international Spotify”…

Now I should’ve just given up here right? Because regardless if I like the song or not I can’t even listen to it whenever I want to… No I do not SUBMIT. I am a strong alpha male. You heard that right I’m an alpha male. So I went to YouTube and listened to it there. FUCKING HEAVENLY. My eardrums are MELTING. My heart is BEATING. My skin is GOOSEBUMPING. I’m basically dead now. I then made the mistake of finding the slow + reverb version which just made this song sound even more heavenly and increased my love for it by about ten thousand.
This song is like an instant love. An instant favourite. But. I can’t listen to it on Spotify… And I don’t know if I ever will be able to… I’m devastated. Why does this beautiful song have to be locked away from me…

wonsta

Band Manager
Credits
Dipsy
✧ Baekgyeul Bbobbipo ✧
Mondoongie
✧ Monsta X Hyungwon ✧
No I do not SUBMIT. I am a strong alpha male. You heard that right I’m an alpha male. So I went to YouTube and listened to it there. FUCKING HEAVENLY. My eardrums are MELTING. My heart is BEATING. My skin is GOOSEBUMPING.
I think you need to put down your electronics and go outside...
you're scaring the children