Your Dream Job vs. What Your Parent(s) Want U To Do/Opinions On Your Dream Job

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Does Your Parent(s) or Family Support Your Dream Job?

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • My family but not my parent(s)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • My Parent(s) but not my family

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Some of my family

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Only one of my parents

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I haven’t told them my dream job yet...

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

MunchiMochi

Kpop Fan
Credits
Rainbow
Ever since I was little, I fell in love with tornados or hurricanes or just weather in general. So I want to become a meteorologist and my parents have supported my decision since I was 8 years old. <3

MunchiMochi

Kpop Fan
Credits
Rainbow
I want to be a Marine Biologist since I love animals and the ocean. But I've never told anyone that, so I don't know what my parents and family think. And my parents don't really care what I do for I living (As far as I can tell)
Deep waters scare me ngl but that is a real awesome job so go for it!

Sambolet

Kpop Amateur
Credits
It's so sad... I have been working for 5 years at an unloved job that my parents found for me. Moreover, I unlearned the profession that my parents wanted. They didn't even ask me what I wanted. I was just given a choice.
And I really want to draw, draw pictures, characters for games, anything. Now I want to quit this job and find a job I like. I'm afraid to tell my parents, I'm afraid to tell my boss.
I've read some tips on https://jobsandcareer.tips/letter-of-resignation-the-definitive-guide/ about how to quit your job correctly, and I'm thinking of using them.
I hope I will succeed. I have been patient for too long.

Last edited:

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i haven't picked one thing for sure, but i've narrowed it down to three options: high school english teacher, ESL (english as a second language) teacher, or a writer. and to me, being a writer means being an author of novels, short stories, poems, new articles, and (my favorite) songs. if i became a writer, i would definitely strong pursue writing for music, as well as getting into producing and composing. but my dad and stepmom think i should go into law enforcement instead. my mom and stepdad don't really care.
update: i wanna be an esl teacher! i plan to teach whatever age group i can abroad (korea is my top choice, but thailand and mexico would be cool, too) before coming back to the us and teaching adults. my mom, stepdad, and dad all support it, and my stepmom isn't my stepmom anymore so who cares what she thinks lol

skresult

Kpop Amateur
Website
skresult.net
Credits
I've been thinking about an author, since i like writing and everything to do with language arts. Or maybe a dancer, or a dance teacher, i really like both of those options but then i want to do something with art (like painting for ex.) but im still not sure yet. My mother says i'd be really good author so, im still deciding. Then i still have college. For high school i chose my elective class as photography and pottery so if i enjoy one of those i could possibly be a photographer

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
Hm I really don’t know what I want to be. Either something in hotel management or film making since both let me travel the world 😅. My parents say they really don’t care what I become as long as I can support myself.
wow i am majoring in neither TT im in graphic design right now but i might change it may parents just want me to do something that i like

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
My dream job as of rn is to become a bookkeeper (quite similar to being an accountant but they’re slightly different) and my parents support it! I’m currently majoring in accounting at uni so I really hope I’ll get to become one, hopefully after I finish my course!

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
I would like to become a vet or when that fails a zoologist to become a zookeeper and both of my parents and family supports it
Update since its been awhile
I got into the pre selection course of Vet school! So hopefully I get into the full degree...
My plan is to do conservation of exotic animals so like birds, reptiles and amphibians etc but companion animals are cool too lol

ur.local.dino

Face of The Group
Credits
Mill
Dann
Jahan
Baby Dino
so i wanna be either a 911 worker (idk what it’s called) of some sort (prob a doctor in sports medicine or a detective type thing for the police lmao) or an interior designer, quite diff things but 👍
my parents take the 911 worker thing as a joke so