Your Dream Job vs. What Your Parent(s) Want U To Do/Opinions On Your Dream Job

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Does Your Parent(s) or Family Support Your Dream Job?

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I donโ€™t know

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • My family but not my parent(s)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • My Parent(s) but not my family

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Some of my family

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Only one of my parents

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I havenโ€™t told them my dream job yet...

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

Spammie

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I've been thinking about an author, since i like writing and everything to do with language arts. Or maybe a dancer, or a dance teacher, i really like both of those options but then i want to do something with art (like painting for ex.) but im still not sure yet. My mother says i'd be really good author so, im still deciding. Then i still have college. For high school i chose my elective classes as photography and pottery so if i enjoy one of those i could possibly be a photographer

OH MY GOD YOU CAN BE THE AUTHOR AND I'LL DO MY DREAM JOB OF BEING AN EDITOR ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

We are gonna be the most kickass writing duo, I'm so ready. ;)

P.S. (Do you write any fic??? I'd love to read if you have any!)

Spammie

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I havnt told my step dad but my mom supports that i wanna be an architect
although it changes mothly but i would honestly like t be an architect ๐Ÿคท

It changes monthly? Total. Mood. I've been there.

Spammie

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I want to be either a therapist, an actress (?), or an author. My parents will support any one of those!
Although my dad wants me to go to Harvard University and gives me and my brother lectures about it, my mom doesn't mind as long as I get into college. With my dad, it's literally no use trying to reason with him ;-; but I'm probably not going to end up in Harvard anyway :D

Yeah wow, Harvard can be a really unrealistic goal. That's a lot of pressure.

I'm glad you've figured out that you can't really reason with him, so I hope you can focus on what's realistic and what you want! Keep an open mind, and try lots of new things. You'll get there, I believe in you!!

cix.sense

โฅโฅ ๐Š๐ข๐ฆ ๐’๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง โฅโฅ
Author
OH MY GOD YOU CAN BE THE AUTHOR AND I'LL DO MY DREAM JOB OF BEING AN EDITOR ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

We are gonna be the most kickass writing duo, I'm so ready. ;)

P.S. (Do you write any fic??? I'd love to read if you have any!)
I'd look forward to that!

ahh- i used to write fics!

Spammie

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Dream Job: Professional Dancer, Backup dancer for a famous artist
My reason: I love dancing and being known for dancing just sounds amazing
My moms job for me: Elementary school teacher
My moms' reason: I never got to be a teacher, I got stuck with daycare so you can be a teacher for me
My dads' job for me: Doctor
My dads reason: kailangan mong maging doktor nang may sakit ako pwede mong alagaan mo ako ! (rough trans: you need to be a doctor so when I'm sick you take care of me!)

That sounds... like the definition of living through you kid. Oof.

I hope you can do what you love! This is your life, you should get to choose how you live it~

bts.txt.enhypen.lover

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Ever since I was little, I had dreams of becoming a singer. I wrote my own song a few hours ago too. But my parents want me to like..get a job that can get me a lot of money, and still today they donโ€™t support me in being a singer.

Gwacekpop2

Band Leader
Credits
Tip Toe Pusheen
Sunoo
Excited Cat
โœง JEI (Xiaoting) โœง
Yeah wow, Harvard can be a really unrealistic goal. That's a lot of pressure.

I'm glad you've figured out that you can't really reason with him, so I hope you can focus on what's realistic and what you want! Keep an open mind, and try lots of new things. You'll get there, I believe in you!!
THank you~!! :3 I will~

Website
bubblegyuu.carrd.co
Credits
Ningning
Bibi
Seeun
i'm not sure yet :(
all i know is that i want to do something in the creative field (maybe something like movie animating, music producing, graphic designing, etc.)(or maybe even a manga translator bc i love reading manga and i'm fluent in both languages) and my parents would probably support me <33

ec.li.ps.e

Kpop Stan
Credits
Handong
Siyeon
Gahyeon
SuA
I want to be a stage actor, especially on or off Broadway. As well as an author -- I already have a little something published too, so~! My goal is to do both.

sanasideup

divinโ€™ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i haven't picked one thing for sure, but i've narrowed it down to three options: high school english teacher, ESL (english as a second language) teacher, or a writer. and to me, being a writer means being an author of novels, short stories, poems, new articles, and (my favorite) songs. if i became a writer, i would definitely strong pursue writing for music, as well as getting into producing and composing. but my dad and stepmom think i should go into law enforcement instead. my mom and stepdad don't really care.

OamineDikers

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Very often, parents' idea of the future work of their children differs from the work that the child wants to find. This problem is very common in families where children are not given the right to vote. It is a pity to observe this, but children grow up and still make a decisive vote in choosing their future profession. I had a similar situation when I wanted to become a programmer, but my parents didn't like this situation and they started looking for a job for me at the labor exchange https://sarkariprep.in / thank God I was able to convince my parents through my grandparents. I found a good job after this situation and then my parents apologized to me and said they were wrong, then we reconciled.

KorokoTitao

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Very often, parents' idea of the future work of their children differs from the work that the child wants to find. This problem is very common in families where children are not given the right to vote. It is a pity to observe this, but children grow up and still make a decisive vote in choosing their future profession. I had a similar situation when I wanted to become a programmer, but my parents didn't like this situation and they started looking for a job for me at the labor exchange https://sarkariprep.in / thank God I was able to convince my parents through my grandparents. I found a good job after this situation and then my parents apologized to me and said they were wrong, then we reconciled.
Hi,thx for post.

ONF

โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿซ–
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
V.I.P.
Website
rentry.org
Credits
โœง The Final Problem โœง
Peke J (Excalibur)
I want to become a psychologist and my parents support my idea, but it's not my dream job. I just want to go into psychology because I'm better at it academically compared to other subjects. Truthfully, I don't have a dream job but I think doing esports would be something I would enjoy more ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Website
kim-ji-yeon.carrd.co
Credits
SO I wanna be a K-idol right, and my parents want me to be a doctor :( I don't wanna be a doctor they say "No because some Idols get hate" or "What if you get hurt" and then one moment the contradiction comes in, one day I was singing and they said "You have an amazing voice" and then when I bring up again I wanna be a K-idol "You can't sing so how will that work?"

Website
kim-ji-yeon.carrd.co
Credits
SO I wanna be a K-idol right, and my parents want me to be a doctor :( I don't wanna be a doctor they say "No because some Idols get hate" or "What if you get hurt" and then one moment the contradiction comes in, one day I was singing and they said "You have an amazing voice" and then when I bring up again I wanna be a K-idol "You can't sing so how will that work?"
But then again I wanna be an author and publish stories I have in google docs