Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
I'm super tired of everything that happend around Stray kids to the past 2 months I mean the fucking scandals (i am sorry about my bad words I hope it doesn't mind if I swear) I really have a lot of things to say about it.... Sooo the scandals that are about Han and Hyunjin are very very stupid like why does people make that big thing about Han's lyrics I mean there are a lot of rappes in the another countrys that used the N word and nobady says nothing to them but make that BIG problem to Han. Yeah it wasn't right but that word have also a meaning in Korea I think it's mean "you" so maybe he used it with the korean meaning idk.
Now about Hyunjin. Why does people care about if he was a bully or not in the hight school I mean isn't much more importand what kind of person is he now. Me honestly doesn't care about if he was a bully or not in school I care about what personalety he have now and he looks like a very cute and polite person not like a bully. And if he was "Bully" wasn't he need to bulling his members and they to hate him and Felix to use #ot7 not #ot8 just like he do when Woojin was still part of their group (one fan in Instragram say that Felix used #ot8 not #ot9 even when Woojin was still in their group), but they didn't. And also Jyp need to stop his hiatus and to bring him back. And people need to stop attacking them even if they make a mistakes, the things that these "STAYS" write like "They need to leave the group" or "Kick Han and Hyunji out of the group" and that death threats are just not right, I mean everyone make mistakes even the kpop idols and just 'cause these people are kidols we need to attack them for every mistake that they make?
also sorry about mine bad english

Last edited:

Sliced Pea

Kpop Amateur
Credits
I hate that some people use the excuse that he was only 13. In the apology, he himself said that his age wasn't an excuse yet some fans still use that excuse. I'm like 14 and I wouldn't say any of those things.
And I also think that people shouldn't make excuses for him. If you don't let idols own up to their mistakes they won't be able to grow. Jisung himself acknowledged that what he said was wrong and will try to grow and do better in his apology.

Idolbunny🐰

♡☀ 𝑌𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝐷𝑎𝑦 ☀♡
Credits
Hitomi
User Title Change
MeiQi
Luda
no, sorry i feel like I will never be able to forgive "S" she was so unmature, she's a grown adult, what she do was really offensive not only for me, for a Lot of people and a whole culture, i try my best to move on, but to the day that thing trigger me, cause im empathic with people aroynd me and yeah, maybe im not a part of that culture, but i see that like a disrespectfull thing anyways , and i know that ídols are human and have to learn and grown and They are wrong somethimes and make bad things, but "S" thing surpasses me, and her group too, it makes me so bad, so anxious and disgusted, all of the members, i used to be a a fan but the things changed, i dont Know What to do, I know I'm being a bit hypocritical, but it only happens to me with "G" group, sorry if it's too strange But i needed to say it.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
don't know if it counts, but: i use kpop as a judge of ppl's character. like, based on how ppl respond when finding out i like kpop is info i use in determining if they're worth my time (like, ppl who respond w smth hateful/racist/prejudice, ik i don't wanna talk to them) and how kpop fans act and interact w other ppl tells me a lot abt them

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
I'm super tired of everything that happend around Stray kids to the past 2 months I mean the fucking scandals (i am sorry about my bad words I hope it doesn't mind if I swear) I really have a lot of things to say about it.... Sooo the scandals that are about Han and Hyunjin are very very stupid like why does people make that big thing about Han's lyrics I mean there are a lot of rappes in the another countrys that used the N word and nobady says nothing to them but make that BIG problem to Han. Yeah it wasn't right but that word have also a meaning in Korea I think it's mean "you" so maybe he used it with the korean meaning idk.
Now about Hyunjin. Why does people care about if he was a bully or not in the hight school I mean isn't much more importand what kind of person is he now. Me honestly doesn't care about if he was a bully or not in school I care about what personalety he have now and he looks like a very cute and polite person not like a bully. And if he was "Bully" wasn't he need to bulling his members and they to hate him and Felix to use #ot7 not #ot8 just like he do when Woojin was still part of their group (one fan in Instragram say that Felix used #ot8 not #ot9 even when Woojin was still in their group), but they didn't. And also Jyp need to stop his hiatus and to bring him back. And people need to stop attacking them even if they make a mistakes, the things that these "STAYS" write like "They need to leave the group" or "Kick Han and Hyunji out of the group" and that death threats are just not right, I mean everyone make mistakes even the kpop idols and just 'cause these people are kidols we need to attack them for every mistake that they make?
also sorry about mine bad english
chile, are you even black...how can you speak on something that don't concern you to being with??? Second of all, I am a HUGE stay, but the fact that you refuse to accept the fact that your favs are a problem is givinggggg delusional. Han and Hyunjin aren't angels, and they deserved what they got. Hyunjin did blackface!!! If that doesn't scream ignorant asf idk what does. Third, yes death threats are never right but the fact that your whole "rant" is you trying to justify Stray Kids doing out of pocket shit is disgusting tbh. Lastly, just because they look good does NOT mean they're good people at all. You don't know them, They don't know you and you don't know anything about them but what they choose to show you through the INTERNET.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
A rant about Twitter. Half of it is going to be kpop related, the other half is going to be genshin related. Trigger warning about lesbophobia/homophobia and harassment for the genshin half.

I’m so sick of Twitter. But it’s also one of my favourite apps to talk and interact with content. But oh god the people on it.

Let’s have a chat about stan culture. There’s absolutely no room for criticism or honesty. Fandoms ONLY want to hear positive comments made, and will absolutely slander any opinion that differs. You HAVE to stream and vote to be a REAL fan. All this dumb shit. Guess what lovely members of kprofiles, YOURE FUCKING ALLOWED TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON.
If you don’t like a song, that’s you. That’s up to you. No one can tell you otherwise and if people get upset from it that’s a them problem. If you want to criticise your ult group, again you can. You know why you ult your ults so why do people think they get a say lmao. Up to you. It’s all up to you. There’s no criteria, you didn’t sign a contract on how you’ll interact with your ult groups. I want to deactivate my kpop twt account. I’m not active there anymore, I don’t enjoy stan culture. I don’t see the point anymore. It’s not like I can voice my true kpop opinions anyway.

Now let’s talk about genshin twt. This isn’t a kpop rant I know I know but I want to rant about this too. My feed is always covered in homophobes. It’s because I engage with a lot of lesbian/wlw accounts and they get so angry. Now the thing is, and this might make some of you angry, hear me out, but both sides are shit.
All this major wave of homophobia began because lgbtq+ people began to harass hets over “erasing lesbian/gay characters” who ARENT CONFIRMED CANON (though some are implied). And I don’t use harass lightly. I’m talking death threats and doxing. So now people are purposefully shipping popular “gay” characters with the opposite sex and intruding on homosexual ships in order to harm lgbtq+ communities. Hets are using toxic behaviour to justify telling us lesbians we don’t deserve representation, or we’re being delusional (even though our ship got a canon fanfiction but anyways) and the main account that ships this intrusion ship directly said “you hate x ship because it’s lesbian, damn right I do”.
So great. Cant fucking win. I don’t feel safe anywhere.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
A rant about Twitter. Half of it is going to be kpop related, the other half is going to be genshin related. Trigger warning about lesbophobia/homophobia and harassment for the genshin half.

I’m so sick of Twitter. But it’s also one of my favourite apps to talk and interact with content. But oh god the people on it.

Let’s have a chat about stan culture. There’s absolutely no room for criticism or honesty. Fandoms ONLY want to hear positive comments made, and will absolutely slander any opinion that differs. You HAVE to stream and vote to be a REAL fan. All this dumb shit. Guess what lovely members of kprofiles, YOURE FUCKING ALLOWED TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON.
If you don’t like a song, that’s you. That’s up to you. No one can tell you otherwise and if people get upset from it that’s a them problem. If you want to criticise your ult group, again you can. You know why you ult your ults so why do people think they get a say lmao. Up to you. It’s all up to you. There’s no criteria, you didn’t sign a contract on how you’ll interact with your ult groups. I want to deactivate my kpop twt account. I’m not active there anymore, I don’t enjoy stan culture. I don’t see the point anymore. It’s not like I can voice my true kpop opinions anyway.

Now let’s talk about genshin twt. This isn’t a kpop rant I know I know but I want to rant about this too. My feed is always covered in homophobes. It’s because I engage with a lot of lesbian/wlw accounts and they get so angry. Now the thing is, and this might make some of you angry, hear me out, but both sides are shit.
All this major wave of homophobia began because lgbtq+ people began to harass hets over “erasing lesbian/gay characters” who ARENT CONFIRMED CANON (though some are implied). And I don’t use harass lightly. I’m talking death threats and doxing. So now people are purposefully shipping popular “gay” characters with the opposite sex and intruding on homosexual ships in order to harm lgbtq+ communities. Hets are using toxic behaviour to justify telling us lesbians we don’t deserve representation, or we’re being delusional (even though our ship got a canon fanfiction but anyways) and the main account that ships this intrusion ship directly said “you hate x ship because it’s lesbian, damn right I do”.
So great. Cant fucking win. I don’t feel safe anywhere.
fuck those ppl. all of em

all the controversy with bts not winning certain awards is literally bs. especially now that they lost another grammy. doja and sza deserved that grammy just as much. it was already an achievement for bts to even get another nomination. some armys have to realize that not everything is about bts. yes i get that the boys are probably sad, but these armys bashing other artists that win against bts have to realize that other people need a chance. bts have plenty of awards and yes i wanted them to get the grammy, but theres always a next time. i know how much they want this grammy, but theres always another chance. another way to make army proud. toxic armys should be proud for the boys and to whoever won. not be mad and attack other people and say rude things.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ʜʏᴘᴇ ʙᴏʏ💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Taehyung shouldn't smoke...period. Everyone's saying, "he's a grown ass man blah blah blah." but a grown man would know if his job was SINGING, and he needs his lungs and body to do so, then why would he tarnish that with smoke...? C'mon now Tae, do better babe.
That’s none of your business what he chooses to do with his life though lol

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
all the controversy with bts not winning certain awards is literally bs. especially now that they lost another grammy. doja and sza deserved that grammy just as much. it was already an achievement for bts to even get another nomination. some armys have to realize that not everything is about bts. yes i get that the boys are probably sad, but these armys bashing other artists that win against bts have to realize that other people need a chance. bts have plenty of awards and yes i wanted them to get the grammy, but theres always a next time. i know how much they want this grammy, but theres always another chance. another way to make army proud. toxic armys should be proud for the boys and to whoever won. not be mad and attack other people and say rude things.
This right here. Now Armchairs are attacking Olivia Rodrigo because she interacted with Taehyung 🙄 they really have nothing better to do but be toxic

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
It’s so important for every culture to be recognised for their work… and that’s exactly what happened? BTS were considered on the same tier as other non kpop artists. That’s incredible in itself. And also as far as I know both Doja and SZA are non-white as well, so it’s not even like it went to another generic western white person. So ye all these people going off about how they want the representation just bsing they’re just selfish LMAO /nay

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
girl bye. If you cared anything about Tae you would not want him to do something that would harm his body. Period
He’s a grown man, he can do what he wants & since he’s a grown man, he should know the risk & if he continues to do it, then it’s on him 🤷‍♀️

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
He’s a grown man, he can do what he wants & since he’s a grown man, he should know the risk & if he continues to do it, then it’s on him 🤷‍♀️
So acting like it's ok just because he's grown is the solution? Y'all know you can have an opinion, right? They're idols, the whole of their business is on the Internet. It's only human to have an opinion on what tf they do because we see it all the time. And I had mine. 🤷🏾‍♀
But you're right, if he wants to do it he can, but It isn't good, and it's not ok.

escapism

𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ☆
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
✧ Buddie ✧
So acting like it's ok just because he's grown is the solution? Y'all know you can have an opinion, right? They're idols, the whole of their business is on the Internet. It's only human to have an opinion on what tf they do because we see it all the time. And I had mine. 🤷🏾‍♀️
But you're right, if he wants to do it he can, but It isn't good, and it's not ok.
We don't think it's okay cos he's grown but the reason why keep saying it is cos he's at an age where he probably knows himself too the downsides of smoking but still does it for his own reasons. Furthermore just cos his whole business is on the internet it doesn't mean he wanted it to be there. Like this incident for example; his pictures were taken and posted without his permission, so it's technically not our business to tell him what to do with something he ever wanted us to know to begin with. There are certain limits we must respect. It's okay to have an opinion about this, I don't approve of smoking as an action neither but at the end of days it's his life and his choices. That's why idols don't feel comfortable oversharing sometimes. The least we can do is accept him as he is even with our differences. And I'm not saying you don't accept him, I just wanted to specifically explain why we keep on mentioning "he's grown so it doesn't matter".

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
We don't think it's okay cos he's grown but the reason why keep saying it is cos he's at an age where he probably knows himself too the downsides of smoking but still does it for his own reasons. Furthermore just cos his whole business is on the internet it doesn't mean he wanted it to be there. Like this incident for example; his pictures were taken and posted without his permission, so it's technically not our business to tell him what to do with something he ever wanted us to know to begin with. There are certain limits we must respect. It's okay to have an opinion about this, I don't approve of smoking as an action neither but at the end of days it's his life and his choices. That's why idols don't feel comfortable oversharing sometimes. The least we can do is accept him as he is even with our differences. And I'm not saying you don't accept him, I just wanted to specifically explain why we keep on mentioning "he's grown so it doesn't matter".
we as fans 100% need to respect idol boundaries better. just because they are famous doesn't mean we as fans have the right to make statements such as "should" or "should not" do something. Especially adult idols who even if we think their choices are disagreeable, they know their choices and know the risks. I think a lot of fans baby their idols. I think thinking they're cute and stuff is okay, but actually freaking out because they're dating someone we don't like, or doing something we don't agree with is just a little excessive. Ofc, excluding if they're doing something harmful to a community, such as racism or homophobia etc /nay

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
we as fans 100% need to respect idol boundaries better. just because they are famous doesn't mean we as fans have the right to make statements such as "should" or "should not" do something. Especially adult idols who even if we think their choices are disagreeable, they know their choices and know the risks. I think a lot of fans baby their idols. I think thinking they're cute and stuff is okay, but actually freaking out because they're dating someone we don't like, or doing something we don't agree with is just a little excessive. Ofc, excluding if they're doing something harmful to a community, such as racism or homophobia etc /nay
you guys put it perfectly

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
half rant, half question

how tf is whistle by blackpink abt the difference between rich and poor? the lyrics are half a love song, half sexual i mean, "every time i show up, blow up, uh"?? we all know what that means. i've watched the mv, i've examined the lyrics and i genuinely cannot understand why ppl are saying that. the only thing i can think of is jennie's one line in the japanese version where she says "dough, it ain't rlly work if you're broke," but nothing other than that. where are ppl getting that????????