Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Call_MeRover

𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗.(𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊)
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
#TWICE
Choco-Cream Ice Cream
Christmas Lollipop
oh I was confused because you said this but ok!
"i didnt lie it very much.. i was confused by the theme because i thought he would represent south korea and the message was quite confusing..idk "
I meant that the song was confusing and perplexing but i enjoyed the song because Jungkook is one of my favorite artists.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
It makes me so sad that people never mention WJSN in the list of IVE’s senior groups…

Like I know WJSN aren’t that popular internationally, but they are popular in Korea and especially in China. And even if they aren’t that popular, they’re still in their seniors list. They also won Queendom. Like WJSN exist and they’re here so why don’t people mention them. It’s always “IVE are following in the footsteps of SISTAR and Monsta X” and yes those groups were so big but WJSN was the girl group that came directly before them so technically IVE are following in WJSN’s footsteps :’) WJSN have one of the best discographies in kpop as far as I’m concerned PLEASE PEOPLE NOTICE WJSN.

This rant has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with my feelings okay so don’t try to explain shit to me I will never be happy until the world gives WJSN the recognition they deserve

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
It makes me so sad that people never mention WJSN in the list of IVE’s senior groups…

Like I know WJSN aren’t that popular internationally, but they are popular in Korea and especially in China. And even if they aren’t that popular, they’re still in their seniors list. They also won Queendom. Like WJSN exist and they’re here so why don’t people mention them. It’s always “IVE are following in the footsteps of SISTAR and Monsta X” and yes those groups were so big but WJSN was the girl group that came directly before them so technically IVE are following in WJSN’s footsteps :’) WJSN have one of the best discographies in kpop as far as I’m concerned PLEASE PEOPLE NOTICE WJSN.

This rant has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with my feelings okay so don’t try to explain shit to me I will never be happy until the world gives WJSN the recognition they deserve
EXACTLY
ppl need to mention them their not giving them enough credit in fact I personally think they were one of the pioneers for space concepts in KPOP

nina

أحبك
Editor
Author
Website
guns.lol
Credits

PREACHHH ! i was literally about to write something ab this i feel like they need more recognition wjsn has alot of great songs i will never live in peace until they get more recognition.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
While I feel like some of these “haram” jokes being made towards the Billlie member and BaeMon member are all in good fun and are just intended to be puns, the way some people act so ignorant to Korean culture is like ??? “Why would her parents name her that” IT’S A KOREAN NAME??? Ofc it means something completely different in other cultures but like. Words can be the same but have very different meanings in other languages. And it’s really weird non Korean fans are coming into kpop and then getting funny about Korean culture 💀

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
While I feel like some of these “haram” jokes being made towards the Billlie member and BaeMon member are all in good fun and are just intended to be puns, the way some people act so ignorant to Korean culture is like ??? “Why would her parents name her that” IT’S A KOREAN NAME??? Ofc it means something completely different in other cultures but like. Words can be the same but have very different meanings in other languages. And it’s really weird non Korean fans are coming into kpop and then getting funny about Korean culture 💀
that's honestly so sad, I don't know exactly what they were talking about. but in my religion, "haram" (huh-raum) means unlawful, basically something bad. People need to respect other peoples cultures.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
This came out of nowhere, but here's my plan to fix itzy and make them successful again:
1. The one everyone agrees on, change their concept. Make something more badass, like checkmate era without the music. Itzy suits badass concept very much and sneakers was a promising opportunity to make that shine, but then the music got released. Personally, after giving them some comebacks with a more serious style, I wish they could return to their initial concept, like in dalla dalla or wannabe. They are the perfect combination between badass concept and teen pop.
2. Choose well the title tracks. I think everyone here can agree that their bsides are better than the title tracks.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
You should get hired by jyp
This came out of nowhere, but here's my plan to fix itzy and make them successful again:
1. The one everyone agrees on, change their concept. Make something more badass, like checkmate era without the music. Itzy suits badass concept very much and sneakers was a promising opportunity to make that shine, but then the music got released. Personally, after giving them some comebacks with a more serious style, I wish they could return to their initial concept, like in dalla dalla or wannabe. They are the perfect combination between badass concept and teen pop.
2. Choose well the title tracks. I think everyone here can agree that their bsides are better than the title tracks.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I agree with this so much. I am not the hugest fan of Everglow-up's videos but she said exactly what I was thinking about this topic. I've ranted about this so many times because it's so annoying and it's to the point to where it gives me headaches. Usually I wouldn't think it was that deep but omg it's every day! I'm not even that big of an IVE stan but every day I go on the internet and there's some weird people hating on IVE, EVERYDAY!! Do these people not get tired? No one needs to like every idol that's fine. But making assumptions about their personalities, bashing them, and spewing that weird passive aggressive crap about them is just nasty, uncalled for, and a waste of time. It does nothing but effect the person writing these things. No one cares that you think ______ idol is annoying. I don't care that you think _____ idol is faking their personality. And I REALLY don't care that you dislike ______ idol for breathing incorrectly in front of you. Because at the end of the day, this idol is going home, eating, making money, and succeeding in their career. What are you doing? Hating on the internet, for what? I personally can't stand these kinds of hateful people because they did the same things to Sulli and Goo Hara and I stan both KARA and f(x). Nothing gets me more heated than seeing the same things said about them getting recycled to a new generation of idols, a generation of idols who are mostly minors. Especially after kpop stans were like "We have to do better! Mental health matters guys!! 🥺🥺"

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Iyah... YG has revealed a member of BabyMonster who is 13... and I have two seperate reasons why I have to rant about this.

The first should be obvious. 13 years old. She's going to spend more time in this group as a child than an adult. There's no way of avoiding it, this is just dangerous. She'll be growing up in the public eye. She is a YG ENTERTAINMENT idol. She is going to be exposed to thousands of not a million people. Wonyoung was 14 when she joined IZ*ONE and look at the shit she gets today. Because what was once adorable for our tiny bby Jang Wonyoung to do is now cringe and pick me behaviour. This isn't an industry safe for minors for so many reasons which I won't go into for speculation reasons. I just... I know nothing about this poor girl and I've heard she is super talented vocally. But. I can't support this. I will support her when it comes to defending her rights to be protected. But this is alarming.

And now of course. We have defenders. Who are absolutely stupid.
In general, not just towards this BM member, people will say this isn't a new thing in kpop. TRUE. This isn't new. WHICH MEANS WE CAN LOOK AT THE CONSEQUENCES OF OTHER IDOLS WHO HAVE DEALT WITH THESE THINGS. I'm not a huge fan (as in I don't actively keep up with these idols) of Boa, Sunmi, Taemin or Jungkook, but I've heard people saying they've each spoken about the damage debuting young had on them, and how they'd just wished they'd waited. This isn't a new practice in kpop. But it should've died by now.
Two. In regards to the BM member, there are people saying they actually do want to support her because she is talented. Omg we do love talented children, they're impressive and it's clear they've worked so hard. This girl is also not Korean but Thai, meaning she's probably had to overcome difficulties including being away from her parents (assuming she actually grew up in Thailand), speaking a different language AND doing both of these things at such a young age. Because if she's debuting at 13 god forbid finding out when she became a trainee in the first place. I understand wanting to support a minor, because once they've debuted there's no going back. I mean, I believe Choerry from LOONA got boycotted because people didn't support the concept BBC gave her. And the thing is, yes making this message known is good, but at the same time we're also hurting a minor in the process. It feels awful to ignore the hopes and dreams of these children because their self esteem is already fragile in this stage of their life, and surely ignoring them won't help this

And yknow. At this point. And ik this is going to be messy because of my current stan list. But from now on, any group debuting with majority minor members, and members 14 or under, I will no longer be supporting. People say supporting minors isn't weird until you make it weird, which is a sentiment I agree with to some extent. However, at this point the more people support these groups with these children, the more companies are going to decide it's okay, which it just isn't. I know I support IVE, who debuted with 2/3 minors, and ITZY, who debuted 3/5 minors, but this something I wish I'd been more critical of in the past. IVE felt okay to stan because 3 of their minors were my age, and all of ITZY were older than me. So how could it be a problem for me to support them? I can't possibly be a creep therefore it's okay? But now, it's not about whether I as Miel am the creep or not. It's about realising that the more I support these children, the more recognition they receive, and the more the actual creeps can access them. It's too late for me to unlove Yuna, it's too late for me to not adore IVE. But I think from now on, it's time to start avoiding groups with younger minors in them, until they're older, because I don't support this exploitation of children

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Iyah... YG has revealed a member of BabyMonster who is 13... and I have two seperate reasons why I have to rant about this.

The first should be obvious. 13 years old. She's going to spend more time in this group as a child than an adult. There's no way of avoiding it, this is just dangerous. She'll be growing up in the public eye. She is a YG ENTERTAINMENT idol. She is going to be exposed to thousands of not a million people. Wonyoung was 14 when she joined IZ*ONE and look at the shit she gets today. Because what was once adorable for our tiny bby Jang Wonyoung to do is now cringe and pick me behaviour. This isn't an industry safe for minors for so many reasons which I won't go into for speculation reasons. I just... I know nothing about this poor girl and I've heard she is super talented vocally. But. I can't support this. I will support her when it comes to defending her rights to be protected. But this is alarming.

And now of course. We have defenders. Who are absolutely stupid.
In general, not just towards this BM member, people will say this isn't a new thing in kpop. TRUE. This isn't new. WHICH MEANS WE CAN LOOK AT THE CONSEQUENCES OF OTHER IDOLS WHO HAVE DEALT WITH THESE THINGS. I'm not a huge fan (as in I don't actively keep up with these idols) of Boa, Sunmi, Taemin or Jungkook, but I've heard people saying they've each spoken about the damage debuting young had on them, and how they'd just wished they'd waited. This isn't a new practice in kpop. But it should've died by now.
Two. In regards to the BM member, there are people saying they actually do want to support her because she is talented. Omg we do love talented children, they're impressive and it's clear they've worked so hard. This girl is also not Korean but Thai, meaning she's probably had to overcome difficulties including being away from her parents (assuming she actually grew up in Thailand), speaking a different language AND doing both of these things at such a young age. Because if she's debuting at 13 god forbid finding out when she became a trainee in the first place. I understand wanting to support a minor, because once they've debuted there's no going back. I mean, I believe Choerry from LOONA got boycotted because people didn't support the concept BBC gave her. And the thing is, yes making this message known is good, but at the same time we're also hurting a minor in the process. It feels awful to ignore the hopes and dreams of these children because their self esteem is already fragile in this stage of their life, and surely ignoring them won't help this

And yknow. At this point. And ik this is going to be messy because of my current stan list. But from now on, any group debuting with majority minor members, and members 14 or under, I will no longer be supporting. People say supporting minors isn't weird until you make it weird, which is a sentiment I agree with to some extent. However, at this point the more people support these groups with these children, the more companies are going to decide it's okay, which it just isn't. I know I support IVE, who debuted with 2/3 minors, and ITZY, who debuted 3/5 minors, but this something I wish I'd been more critical of in the past. IVE felt okay to stan because 3 of their minors were my age, and all of ITZY were older than me. So how could it be a problem for me to support them? I can't possibly be a creep therefore it's okay? But now, it's not about whether I as Miel am the creep or not. It's about realising that the more I support these children, the more recognition they receive, and the more the actual creeps can access them. It's too late for me to unlove Yuna, it's too late for me to not adore IVE. But I think from now on, it's time to start avoiding groups with younger minors in them, until they're older, because I don't support this exploitation of children
I admire the fact that you try unstan this groups. For me, it's very hard to not adore class:y or IVE. I don't even try to show my discomfort with the agencies bc they debut minors. Not stanning Newjeans is also getting hard every day. They are talented, Min Heejin is very good at her job, but she's a fvcking creep. Watching people say that Newjeans is very well managed and treat ADOR like heroes "for not giving them revealing outfits" or for "protecting them in the airport" is extremely triggering, because all the things MH says remind me of what happened to me. That's the only reason I don't stan Newjeans, and yes, I'm a hypocrite, I'm selfish, because I only unstan groups when they affect me. I hope that years go by fast and I'm still a kpop fan to support all idols who debuted very young and I didn't show much support because of that.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
This is not very related with kpop, but... TW// racism, CA
I've seen a lot, I mean A LOT of people online complaining about Jessi trying to copy black people by getting very strong tans and filling her lips and having bbls. I understand this criticisms, specially when they come from the black community. Now, at least for me, I can barely see criticism towards white women for having the same characteristics as Jessi. Ik that Kim K was heavily criticized for having fulani braids for aesthetic purposes but she doesn't get criticized for having heavy tans, body sculpting and filling her lips. And this is just one person, when I went to LA I could see more people taking this to the extreme (faking AAVE, wayyy too extreme tans, CA). In kpop racism is more normalized, but instead of just targeting asians we should judge everyone equaly. I'm sorry but the U.S. is racist too.

villain

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Idols like Kangmin from Verivery are the reason why all of them should be going to school during their adolescence years first instead of training to become a K-pop idol at such very young ages because then they’ll miss out on the VERY important stuff that they have to learn and be aware of. We know how concerning this already is anyways.
Kangmin, a 20 year old (yes, TWENTY) didn’t realise until now that women don’t grow beards at all. Like, that’s so embarrassing and not cute at all. 🤷‍♀️