Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Watching a crowd of midzys chant Mommy at Ryujin giving me the FUCKING CREEPS. The whole mommy thing in general is not okay at all I’m sorry. If someone makes a tiktok for example which is a thirst trap or something, to an extent it’s clear they’re allowing for people to make sexualised comments to a degree. But women (or men) just existing is NOT an invitation to sexualise them. I’m so glad I do not see it as much anymore because it’s really inappropriate. I used to see so many girls just doing anything and people would call them mommy and it’s just fucking creepy. I think it’s fine to think someone is beautiful or hot anything like that, maybe even have private fantisies. But shit like that should stay private. And DEFO do not chant it at them. I saw a lot of midzys defending themselves because Lia started laughing (and Lia speaks English so understood what was happening) and like
1. Lia is their friend? Assuming that’s the case. I think everyone has things their friends can say and joke about them that others can’t. My friend literally called me a milf today. But does that mean any random person at my college can also just call me a milf. NO. So just because Lia can laugh at something or joke about it with her members doesn’t mean everyone else can
2. Okay so maybe the ITZY members don’t care. But what if they did. What if this group of people started chanting mommy at Ryujin while she was trying to speak and not only did she feel frustrated from being inturupted she also she feels degraded and sexualised. Why would you want to take that risk with an idol you respect so much

Also yeah fuck whoever put that line in the song. That does feel harsh but like whoever wrote that at a time where the whole mommy thing was still common they completely set this up. The minute I heard that line I knew people would start calling Ryujin and Yuna Mommy. Oh let’s also not forget that Ryujin is only 21, and Yuna 19. Okay yeah they’re not minors but they’re not that old either?? Yuna didn’t get called it as much but still… weird af

sorry video of it came up on my tiktok fyp this happened ages ago but just seeing it made me feel sick inside

nina

أحبك
Editor
Author
Website
guns.lol
Credits
kpop is kpop jyp is jyp hybe is hybe sm is possibly gonna be hybe wake one is wake one yg is yg

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Watching a crowd of midzys chant Mommy at Ryujin giving me the FUCKING CREEPS. The whole mommy thing in general is not okay at all I’m sorry. If someone makes a tiktok for example which is a thirst trap or something, to an extent it’s clear they’re allowing for people to make sexualised comments to a degree. But women (or men) just existing is NOT an invitation to sexualise them. I’m so glad I do not see it as much anymore because it’s really inappropriate. I used to see so many girls just doing anything and people would call them mommy and it’s just fucking creepy. I think it’s fine to think someone is beautiful or hot anything like that, maybe even have private fantisies. But shit like that should stay private. And DEFO do not chant it at them. I saw a lot of midzys defending themselves because Lia started laughing (and Lia speaks English so understood what was happening) and like
1. Lia is their friend? Assuming that’s the case. I think everyone has things their friends can say and joke about them that others can’t. My friend literally called me a milf today. But does that mean any random person at my college can also just call me a milf. NO. So just because Lia can laugh at something or joke about it with her members doesn’t mean everyone else can
2. Okay so maybe the ITZY members don’t care. But what if they did. What if this group of people started chanting mommy at Ryujin while she was trying to speak and not only did she feel frustrated from being inturupted she also she feels degraded and sexualised. Why would you want to take that risk with an idol you respect so much

Also yeah fuck whoever put that line in the song. That does feel harsh but like whoever wrote that at a time where the whole mommy thing was still common they completely set this up. The minute I heard that line I knew people would start calling Ryujin and Yuna Mommy. Oh let’s also not forget that Ryujin is only 21, and Yuna 19. Okay yeah they’re not minors but they’re not that old either?? Yuna didn’t get called it as much but still… weird af

sorry video of it came up on my tiktok fyp this happened ages ago but just seeing it made me feel sick inside
i absolutely agree. lia laughing is also a terrible defense bc, like you said, friends can do stuff that others can't, but uncomfortable laughter is also a thing? just bc she laughed doesn't mean she found it funny

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I love that idols have more contract freedom now but I hate that it’s turned Kpop fans stupid… and also that it’s now unclear when companies announce anything to do with contracts, no one can tell tf is happening.

Like first MLD announced Momoland left their company, but they didn’t officially disband until AFTER that. Brave Girls? They disbanded immediately when they left Brave Ent.

When Wheein left RBW, RBW announced she was staying in Mamamoo. But now people just assume the idols are still in the group unless the company actually spells out “they’ve left the group”. I WANT WJSN TO BE OT10 AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON BUT DAWON AND LUDA LEFT THE GROUP WHY DOES THE OFFICIAL WJSN PROFILE ONLY SAY C-LINE LEFT.

But at the same time it’s now gaslighting me into thinking they didn’t leave and I’m being stupid. Like. All those posts the members made about apologising for keeping the news a secret, Dawon and Luda posting OT10 images. That all felt like a goodbye to the members? Dawon saying she can use her real birthday again? Like… these are all signs they’ve left the group? The official account still follows them sure but that’s like… friendship right?

I miss when groups just disbanded or idols left their groups. None of this funny business. Stop getting my hopes up idiots online

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I love that idols have more contract freedom now but I hate that it’s turned Kpop fans stupid… and also that it’s now unclear when companies announce anything to do with contracts, no one can tell tf is happening.

Like first MLD announced Momoland left their company, but they didn’t officially disband until AFTER that. Brave Girls? They disbanded immediately when they left Brave Ent.

When Wheein left RBW, RBW announced she was staying in Mamamoo. But now people just assume the idols are still in the group unless the company actually spells out “they’ve left the group”. I WANT WJSN TO BE OT10 AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON BUT DAWON AND LUDA LEFT THE GROUP WHY DOES THE OFFICIAL WJSN PROFILE ONLY SAY C-LINE LEFT.

But at the same time it’s now gaslighting me into thinking they didn’t leave and I’m being stupid. Like. All those posts the members made about apologising for keeping the news a secret, Dawon and Luda posting OT10 images. That all felt like a goodbye to the members? Dawon saying she can use her real birthday again? Like… these are all signs they’ve left the group? The official account still follows them sure but that’s like… friendship right?

I miss when groups just disbanded or idols left their groups. None of this funny business. Stop getting my hopes up idiots online
Ah so yknow maybe I was wrong after all but still I just hate how unclear kpop contracts are now like Starship can you just give a detailed list of what is happening because it’s so confusing

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
After these 4 LOONA members signed with Modahaus despite the fact orbits hate Jaden Jeong has been quite interesting for me.

Kpop stans act in a way like they know what’s best for kpop groups when in reality they don’t know anything. The reality of the situation is all kpop companies are shit right? The kpop industry as a whole is very unethical in fact if you want to get really deep the music industry as a whole is quite a mess. But like, this is about Kpop idols.

I hardly see fans who actually like the companies their groups are under. They always say that they want their artists to leave and sign under a new company right? I think this LOONA situation is the most interesting case though of artists singing under a new company.

Orbits hate Jaden Jeong because they report he used to abuse the LOONA members or something (based on what I gather from the tweets I see). Yet clearly the LOONA members don’t have this same disliking for Jaden Jeong if they were willing to resign under him. Yet orbits are still having a strong negative reaction. And it makes me question who they’re even angry for. Because it’s not like Jaden Jeong did THEM wrong? Unless they’re getting mad on behalf of LOONA members who specifically haven’t signed with Modahaus or something. Or if they’re worried they’ll be put in TripleS which fair enough I don’t think any of them being in TripleS would be a good idea either.

Yeah idk I just find it so odd why Kpop fans are so passionate on behalf of idols sometimes. Like, I didn’t like RBW while I was a strong Moomoo but then Solar, Moonbyul and Hwasa all resigned with them so I just let my personal grievances go because at the end of the day they’re all adults and know what they want

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
i get really really really annoyed when people try to pursue me or ¨get me to like¨ something I don't.
like I will be having a very casual convo with someone online about a comeback and I will say smth like ¨oh no I didn't really like it.¨ or ¨wasnt a fan¨. but then the person proceeds to try and get me to like the song. LIKE NO. i told you I don't like the song so I don't.
i do not care about your reasons why you like the song because that doesn't change my opinion at all.

also what is it with kpop stans blaming kpop idols for everything that happens?
I have seriously met stans who will be like ¨ew why is she wearing that outfit on stage? she needs to style herself better.¨ its like you do realize most idols do not get to pick what they wear on stage right? their stylists do. and yes, some idols do get to pick what they wear but why do you have to be so judgemental about it? you arent wearing it so why does it matter? their taste might be different than yours.

or when wonyoung got hate for eating a slice of pizza in a cute way for a commercial. like commercials are scripted. she was probably told to act that way or hold the pizza in a cute way.
it isn't always the idol smh

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
ANOTHER THING

kpop tea channels need to stop with the clickbait titles

like I will be scrolling through yt and I will see titles like ¨JENNIE AND TAEHYUNG DATING!!¨ (just using this as an example) so immediately I'm like- wait I need to watch this. but then like 5 mins into the video its just more rumors. the title should of been: ¨JENNIE AND TAEHYUNG DATING (RUMORS)?!¨
yk? because this is just how more rumors start.
i have met people before who will go on yt, see a title that's total clickbait, and then will go start posting on social media: ¨oMg GuYs jEnNie AnD TaE aRe DaTiNg!¨ and they didn't even watch the video to see if it was clickbait T-T
that is the exact reason why kpop tea channels need to stop with the clickbait titles because it causes kpop stans to just assume things and spread more rumors.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
After these 4 LOONA members signed with Modahaus despite the fact orbits hate Jaden Jeong has been quite interesting for me.

Kpop stans act in a way like they know what’s best for kpop groups when in reality they don’t know anything. The reality of the situation is all kpop companies are shit right? The kpop industry as a whole is very unethical in fact if you want to get really deep the music industry as a whole is quite a mess. But like, this is about Kpop idols.

I hardly see fans who actually like the companies their groups are under. They always say that they want their artists to leave and sign under a new company right? I think this LOONA situation is the most interesting case though of artists singing under a new company.

Orbits hate Jaden Jeong because they report he used to abuse the LOONA members or something (based on what I gather from the tweets I see). Yet clearly the LOONA members don’t have this same disliking for Jaden Jeong if they were willing to resign under him. Yet orbits are still having a strong negative reaction. And it makes me question who they’re even angry for. Because it’s not like Jaden Jeong did THEM wrong? Unless they’re getting mad on behalf of LOONA members who specifically haven’t signed with Modahaus or something. Or if they’re worried they’ll be put in TripleS which fair enough I don’t think any of them being in TripleS would be a good idea either.

Yeah idk I just find it so odd why Kpop fans are so passionate on behalf of idols sometimes. Like, I didn’t like RBW while I was a strong Moomoo but then Solar, Moonbyul and Hwasa all resigned with them so I just let my personal grievances go because at the end of the day they’re all adults and know what they want
tbh this sounds like another case of kpoppies not getting all the facts before they have a meltdown, which is so annoying. iirc jaden jeong left bbc (and "abandoned" loona, as some orbits view it) bc he wasn't getting paid! it doesn't rly matter how passionate he was abt the loona project and in no way reflects the way he viewed the members. no one is gonna continue working somewhere they're not getting paid if at all possible.

also, while i love loona and none of them are old by any standards, i'd rly hope orbits are getting mad abt their potential to join triple s - namely bc the loona members are too old for triple s. most members are teenagers, and the company is recruiting ppl who are still minors, so i rly don't think that's smth we need to worry abt

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I'm so tired of going on Pinterest and seeing kpop stans say that literally every Asian women they see looks like Rei from IVE. I am convinced no one actually knows how Rei looks because most of these people look nothing like Rei. Who knows though, maybe idk what Rei looks like either. Hanni and Rei don't look alike either, this doesn't really bother me, I just needed to say this because I feel like it is connected to the fact that people seem to think any Asian woman with a round face shape looks like Rei and Hanni's face shape is round. Or maybe I am just not seeing it and I am mistaken about my observation.

Peachy_Momo🍑

Band Manager
Website
skylexloona.carrd.co
Credits
Jinny
Jeonghan
Yena Stick
Swith Bong
I'm so tired of going on Pinterest and seeing kpop stans say that literally every Asian women they see looks like Rei from IVE. I am convinced no one actually knows how Rei looks because most of these people look nothing like Rei. Who knows though, maybe idk what Rei looks like either. Hanni and Rei don't look alike either, this doesn't really bother me, I just needed to say this because I feel like it is connected to the fact that people seem to think any Asian woman with a round face shape looks like Rei and Hanni's face shape is round. Or maybe I am just not seeing it and I am mistaken about my observation.
i need some pics lol
i've never seen this before

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
THIS IS ABOUT IVES NEW SONG ¨KITSCH¨
I AM SO PISSED AT STARSHIP ENTERTAINMENT RN 😤

Bro in this freaking song we got almost ever member getting about 20+ seconds in lines- EXCEPT LIZ 🙄🙄
LIKE WTH?!?
She is the freaking main vocalist? Right? Or I guess apparently not since she only has 5 SECONDS of lines in the whole entire song 😒
Like- what 😃
Is she even the main vocalist anymore?

Rengya_Utoma

Maknae
Credits
Toradora!
Minori Kushieda
Dancing Panda
Winking Face With Tongue

Bro in this freaking song we got almost ever member getting about 20+ seconds in lines- EXCEPT LIZ 🙄🙄
LIKE WTH?!?
She is the freaking main vocalist? Right? Or I guess apparently not since she only has 5 SECONDS of lines in the whole entire song 😒
Like- what 😃
right? like, how dare they do my Liz like that. She's my bias in IVE! Also, don't get me started on the song itself. Hear me out, the chorus is good, and the verses are.... alright, but that rap is actually atrocious bro.

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆

LIKE WTH?!?
Like- what 😃
Not to defend the line distribution coz it was literally awful, but different sources say different things about positions. The official Kprofile says that Liz is a main vocalist but if you Google their positions, the fan Wiki says there are no official positions. The Kprofile also says at the bottom “Gaeul’s lead rapper position is confirmed on their melon profile” though so that would also imply there ARE official positions. So I have no idea.

If anyone can access their melon file or something and see what it says that would be great lol. Coz I can’t tell whether this Liz is the main vocalist thing was actually just assumed by fans or not

Pbioilp

Band Manager
Author
Website
pbioilp.carrd.co
Credits
Ahri
Call Call
Sihyeon
Not to defend the line distribution coz it was literally awful, but different sources say different things about positions. The official Kprofile says that Liz is a main vocalist but if you Google their positions, the fan Wiki says there are no official positions. The Kprofile also says at the bottom “Gaeul’s lead rapper position is confirmed on their melon profile” though so that would also imply there ARE official positions. So I have no idea.

If anyone can access their melon file or something and see what it says that would be great lol. Coz I can’t tell whether this Liz is the main vocalist thing was actually just assumed by fans or not
it says that shes a main vocal
but it wasnt confirmed by starship
so we can rly know

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
it says that shes a main vocal
but it wasnt confirmed by starship
so we can rly know
Regardless of her position, giving a member of a 6 member group only 5 seconds when she's the one with the better technique is out of this world. Even giving the worst vocalist 5 seconds of lines when everyone else has around 20 is horrible.