Kpop Rants ( Feel free to rant about Kpop here )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Pbioilp

Band Manager
Author
Website
pbioilp.carrd.co
Credits
Ahri
Call Call
Sihyeon
Regardless of her position, giving a member of a 6 member group only 5 seconds when she's the one with the better technique is out of this world. Even giving the worst vocalist 5 seconds of lines when everyone else has around 20 is horrible.
Obv…
But there are groups with even worse line distribution than that so ive case is kinda normal ig
everglow

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I feel like having 1 member singled out though as having no lines is even worse in a way. I mean both have their own cons

When 1 member, such as Mia from Everglow), has so many more lines, but there’s quite a few members with not as many, the one member who gets all those lines gets hate (not good), but at least all the members expect that one are getting the same shit treatment.

But with Liz… if I were in her position… I would be devastated. The Kitsch distribution would literally be perfect if she wasn’t in the song. But she is. How hard would it have been to make the rest of the lines fair?? I would be questioning what I did wrong, especially having such a lovely voice that the fans love.

Part of me wonders if there’s something that happened between her and Starship or something but I feel that’s getting a bit too conspiracy

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
I feel like having 1 member singled out though as having no lines is even worse in a way. I mean both have their own cons

When 1 member, such as Mia from Everglow), has so many more lines, but there’s quite a few members with not as many, the one member who gets all those lines gets hate (not good), but at least all the members expect that one are getting the same shit treatment.

But with Liz… if I were in her position… I would be devastated. The Kitsch distribution would literally be perfect if she wasn’t in the song. But she is. How hard would it have been to make the rest of the lines fair?? I would be questioning what I did wrong, especially having such a lovely voice that the fans love.

Part of me wonders if there’s something that happened between her and Starship or something but I feel that’s getting a bit too conspiracy
a lot of people think it has to do with her ¨weight gain¨, now although she is still beautiful and a good singer, I don't think starship is going in that direction.
i feel like starship is going for the members popularity/picture that the public already sees than instead going for their actual positions

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
a lot of people think it has to do with her ¨weight gain¨, now although she is still beautiful and a good singer, I don't think starship is going in that direction.
i feel like starship is going for the members popularity/picture that the public already sees than instead going for their actual positions
I totally agree with that, Starship ent is really fixing their positions based on some people's comments (because many of us think Liz is beautiful the way she is)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I’m way too angry over this than is good for me but I don’t fucking care

For starters why did Tiktok even think I wanted to see that shit on my feed. Disgusting piece of shit video “for you” page my ass that wasn’t for me that was for worthless people like the person who made this.

But the real problem here is, the person who has an entire TikTok page to shitting on Lia AS A YUNA AKGAE. No fuck off. FUCK OFF. Akgaes are the dumbest pieces of shit on this Earth. It’s an embarrassment for these people to love and support an idol you also like when they’re out here acting like complete and utter clowns. How are you going to be an anti a literal ANTI to someone who loves and cherishes that same idol. Okay let’s for a second imagine Lia and Yuna actually hate each other and this akgae is right? WE AS THE PUBLIC DO NOT KNOW THIS.

BUT WHY LIA OF ALL PEOPLE. I mean Yuna has such special bonds with every one of the ITZY members but as a Yuna bias myself Yulia is literally my favourite ITZY pairing because those two girls SOB whenever you leave them alone together. THEY CALL THEMSELVES THE CHEMISTRIES FOR FUCK SAKE. They were roommates for like the first at least 2 years of ITZY’s career I can’t remember. THEY CRIED OVER LIA’S FEET. WHO CRIES OVER SOMEONE’S FEET.

As I said, maybe it’s me who’s delusional. But based on what I see I cannot find a single reason why anyone would call themselves a fan of Yuna while hating Lia. You’re just mad that Lia can actually be there for her and Yuna actually likes Lia unlike you. Thinking someone would appreciate you being their fan when you treat someone they love that way is absurd and what I personally define as delusional

Anyways stan ITZY OT5 at least they had the courtesy to say they weren’t a midzy. Like damn right you’re not. But get away from Yuna she doesn’t deserve to have POS fans like you “supporting” her 😍

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
TW: bodyshamings, EDs
I have never been this pissed off in a kpop context. I've been scrolling through my YT reccommended page and all I see is comments about Woonyoung's weight. I saw (but didn't watch) at least 12 of those videos. Disgusting. I watched one to see what kind of content they were and it pretty much was like "kpop news". At the end, there were some screenshots of korean forum posts talking SPECIFICALLY about Wonyoung's weight. If that wasn't disgusting enough, this topic has been very frequently talked in the latin IVE fandom lately. Yea, just talking about a girl's body. And then it's the same people who want to look "concerned". Like how is an idol not going to have an ED if fans compulsively talk about their body?????'

escapism

𖤣 𝓶𝓲𝓷 𝓪𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓷 ⨳
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
They better stop messing with Yongguk just because someone screamed the triggering words to this fandom.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I’m quite frustrated that JYP keeps giving ITZY album concepts that don’t match the title tracks…

I know Cake hasn’t dropped yet but idk it’s something I’ve noticed.
I mean, technically Crazy In Love did it too because most of the solo scenes stuff never happened in the loco MV, only Chaeryeong’s and Ryujin’s held any resemblance to the Loco mv. The cakes, the books and the dogs were nowhere to be seen.

But obviously Checkmate was the worst offender. The whole royal concept carried the album and concept teasers and then suddenly Sneakers was a bright and colourful song. At least the Loco teaser actually sort of gave that crazy and in love feeling. Checkmate was like look at these elegant royal queens, they’re so elegant. Then suddenly they’re singing about shoes. And the bsides were also completely different too. Now I know that Sneakers did have royal scenes in the MV. But the context was completely different. Sneakers had rebellious royals while Checkmate’s teasers had elegant normal royals.

Cheshire didn’t really have a themed concept it was just sort of gray and chic LOL

But idk right now it’s too early to tell perhaps but a lot of the initial promo content for Kill My Doubt doesn’t feel like it’ll go with Cake? I decided to listen to the teasers again and I’m thinking MAYBE the instrumentals could be bsides but based on the highlight melody none of them are obviously one of the bsides?

This wouldn’t be a problem if one of the biggest reasons I think Checkmate was so poorly received was because how it was being sold vs what it was were so different. I really thought this was going to be a girl crush album but I don’t think it will be. I’m also terrified it’ll have a mix concept because I just want JYP to give up with the mix concept omg

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
During my time as a kpop fan, I've noticed that the largest part of the fandom is comprised by minors/people who got into kpop as minors. And I wanna talk about that, being a minor myself (17 yo). IMO that's the explanation for why the kpop fandom is known to be more toxic than mercury /s. Based on my 15 minute google research, minors have their emotional regulation regions of the brain underdeveloped (like the rest of the body). Combined with how much fan-dedicated the industry is, the potential for toxic stans rises enormously. Preteens and teens are also highly competitive, reason to why idols are in constant comparison for the stupidest reasons ever imaginable. This is not exclusive to kpop, but it gets more common depending on how much young people a fanbase has. Teens tend to be conformists with things they like, so if they are interested in Korean culture, it is also very likely for them to align with the judgey side of that culture.

Conclusion: stan TXT

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I really need Kpop fans to stop holding idols to an unrealistic expectation and also to stop kissing the ground their faves walk on.

Let me get one thing out the way, absolutely no one knows the true relationship of R and Y behind the scenes. Not the fans who like their friendship, not the fans who have turned on R.

You’re telling me R and Y are getting hate, because Y told a story about a time R was in a mood and took it out on her. That’s literally the story. I’m seeing Y fans bashing R for having a “bad attitude” and I’m seeing R fans saying Y is in the wrong for sharing R’s business. Honestly STFU.

From what I can tell, R and Y are extremely close friends, and have been for 8 years if I’m correct. CLOSE FRIENDS FIGHT? You’re telling me none of these people haven’t had a fight with a friend. Maybe they don’t have friends wouldn’t surprise me.

Let’s not fail to mention that R and Y are living together, with 3 other people as well. They’re going to get in each other’s personal space they’re going to fight. That’s just how it is.

NONE OF THEM ARE PERFECT NONE OF THEM WILL EVER BE PERFECT. Just give it a rest

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
No way Blinks be already hating on Jisoos new relationship. I swear, the amount of people I've seen say that Bohyun isn't "popular enough" is so fucking hilarious. Like does it matter his popularity? No. So why are yall mad? 💀
I feel like the reason why Blinks are saying this is because when Jennie dated Kai he was part of one of the most popular boy groups out there. So now Blinks are just comparing the relationships.
Why cant yall just be happy that Jisoo found someone? Who tf cares how popular he is-

simply_moa

woozi | left kpf.
Author
Credits
Halloween Hello Kitty
Black Converse Shoes
✧ Rose Taehyun ✧
✧ Seonghwa ✧
I always get so upset when people ship idols.
It's just like "oOh HiM aNd HeR sHoUlD dAtE!!"
And then when the specific idol is actually dating someone, "k-pop stans" literally just hate on them for no reason.
It's not a random person's decision to figure out who should be in a relationship with who.
It's the idol's decision to decide that.
(Ok, I sound so rude rn..)

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
I always get so upset when people ship idols.
It's just like "oOh HiM aNd HeR sHoUlD dAtE!!"
And then when the specific idol is actually dating someone, "k-pop stans" literally just hate on them for no reason.
It's not a random person's decision to figure out who should be in a relationship with who.
It's the idol's decision to decide that.
(Ok, I sound so rude rn..)
no you don't its true
like if you ship idols without being toxic or weird about it ig its fine (keep to urself around me though)
but like either way stans should learn to respect the idols decision in who they are dating.