҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
@yunaing got me thinking of another opinion relating to ¨eye contact¨
like I hate it when kpop stans oversee/overreact when kpop idols have eye contact with one another for like 0.3 seconds and ppl are immediately like ¨OmG gUyS tHeY aRe DaTiNg CuZ tHeY lOoKed At EaChOtHeR¨
like no-
I bet you glance at people in public or some sh like its just something every normal human does. Like so you saying that if I glance at someone I'm immediately dating them
ok 😏
anyways the whole thing is still total bullshit

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I don't understand the hate for Jisoo's solo. BP's solo roll out haven't been anything special or top quality idk what people were expecting but I got exactly what I came for and to me, it's one of the better BP solos. I was expecting a more traditional Korean influence, but I was still satisfied with it. It's a gorgeous MV, and her voice suits the song incredibility. Normally, Jisoo can tend to sound kind of strained in BP songs, but she sounds great on Flower, that's something I was pleasantly surprised by. You can tell how much hard work and effort she put into it and I'm happy she finally got her solo. For such a long time it felt like this myth or urban legend, the infamous "Jisoo solo to be released on day in the distant future."

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
I don't understand the hate for Jisoo's solo. BP's solo roll out haven't been anything special or top quality idk what people were expecting but I got exactly what I came for and to me, it's one of the better BP solos. I was expecting a more traditional Korean influence, but I was still satisfied with it. It's a gorgeous MV, and her voice suits the song incredibility. Normally, Jisoo can tend to sound kind of strained in BP songs, but she sounds great on Flower, that's something I was pleasantly surprised by. You can tell how much hard work and effort she put into it and I'm happy she finally got her solo. For such a long time it felt like this myth or urban legend, the infamous "Jisoo solo to be released on day in the distant future."
I completely agree. I feel like people had such high standards for it but when it was released, it was just a genuine debut. Nothing too crazy about it, but its just her debut so we shouldn't expect the craziest thing ever.
People should just be grateful that she finally got her solo

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I think Jisoo should sing live when presenting her solo because her part in the choreography is not only extremely easy but it is boring as well. Don't really mind it but I hope that gives her the opportunity to sing live.

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
People need to accept that all the members of certain groups arent gonna have standard relationships.

I feel like people expect or have standards when stanning a group. Especially between the members relationships.
Sure, it is nice to think that idols are more than just co-workers (which in some cases is true) but I feel like you cant just expect that from certain groups.
For example groups with more members like Loona (not rly anymore-) and NCT. Since there is a lot of members it might be harder to form a relationship with certain members due to their schedules or smth.
Just needed to get that out there <3

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
People need to accept that all the members of certain groups arent gonna have standard relationships.

I feel like people expect or have standards when stanning a group. Especially between the members relationships.
Sure, it is nice to think that idols are more than just co-workers (which in some cases is true) but I feel like you cant just expect that from certain groups.
For example groups with more members like Loona (not rly anymore-) and NCT. Since there is a lot of members it might be harder to form a relationship with certain members due to their schedules or smth.
Just needed to get that out there <3
I cant remember which 2 but 2 of the LOONA members confessed at one point they’d never even spoken to each other or something 💀

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I don't think this is very unpopular, but there's nothing kitsch about Kitsch

And also Liz improved her dance so idk why she only got 5 seconds of the song as never got to be in the center. This time even the other members had almost as much center time as Wonyoung, and Liz almost looks like a backup dancer.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I don't think this is very unpopular, but there's nothing kitsch about Kitsch

And also Liz improved her dance so idk why she only got 5 seconds of the song as never got to be in the center. This time even the other members had almost as much center time as Wonyoung, and Liz almost looks like a backup dancer.
Even though I personally couldn’t care less about the song name or what the lyrics mean, I saw a tiktok from someone who said she was the original writer of Kitsch. She said that the song was originally “90s *****” and so if that’s the truth then it does explain a lot. None of the IVE members were alive in the 90s and Starship likely doesn’t want them having a song called *****. 3 members are currently 19 (or like, are turning 19 this year) so boom, nineteens kitsch 😅

Edit: kprofiles censored the word, but I don’t think it takes a genius to think of a word that rhymes with kitsch and would be censored

Update: Yeah fact checked it she is the writer

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
idk if this is unpopular
but nmixx's songs were good until young, dumb, stupid came out, and then i thought ok we have one more song coming, and then love me like this came out and I said NO.
I agree to some extent. I don't dislike their new songs but like... O.O and DICE were both pretty interesting and fun and I really like them both especially DICE. COOL was just so gorgeous and really showed off their vocals and TANK in all her mess is still so fun. The newer album was kinda a let down. I see a lot of NSWER complaining as soon as they dropped their mix concept they still got hate but I've always liked the mix concept and I think it's a shame they're getting success now just coz they dropped it. But I still wish them the best

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i think ive singing "90's b!tch" would have been hilarious. it would be cool if they had an album only version of kitsch that was exactly the same, except they said "90's b!tch," like (g)i-dle did with tomboy. it's exactly my sense of humor for them to call themselves 90's anything, considering none of them were born lmao

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I feel like I’ve said this before but I’m saying it again. Same Same Different solos every other survival show song. Pick Me may be iconic but she’s annoying af. Same Same Different devoured. Shame it comes from a pedo show

Tachibugi

Kpop Groupie
Website
mantistachibugi.carrd.co
Credits
Yeosang
Hyunseung
Sato Ryuga
Komagine Kiita
I don't know how unpopular those are, it probably depends on which circles you apply them to but here are some I thought of:

1. I personally don't like survival shows, when it comes to watching them.
After a survival show is over, I like researching about it and the members and see groups they are in/will be in, but during the airtime of the show I just can't stand watching it. I don't wanna get invested into some that will not make it, plus these shows are kinda rigged a lot of the time (well, especially mnet shows) so I just don't wanna see that. All I see happening from survival shows are unnecessary fanwars (even before a group is even made! Like fanwars make no sense even when there are groups but starting so soon? Some people are just in it to be haters.).

2. I don't get why a lot of people are so invested in the idols private private lives. The fact dating scandals are called scandals to begin with is so wild and that people are like, ranking couples or something is wild to me. You have no business with that and you shouldn't care about it... Same with fans being actually sad about an idol dating someone, shows how much you don't even care about the idols as a person. I mean, sure, those fans are not the majority and are just the loudest, but just had to give my thoughts on that.

3. SCREAMING at concerts. I've mainly been to metal concerts in my life so this switch to kpop might sound unfitting to begin with but, whenever I see recordings of kpop performances, I hear everyone high-pitch screaming their lungs out as if they're being chased by a murderer or something... Fan chants are nice, but that's not what I'm talking about. I can barely even hear the singing?? I don't think I could go on a kpop concert like that but maybe there are some groups where it isn't as bad, although I doubt that lmao... Nothing against the people doing it, you do you, but I really don't see the point of screaming so your throat hurts and everyone around you gets their ears hurt.

4. This one is definitely an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely haaate cheesy romance-y/fan-service songs!! It took the longest time for me to just try and ignore the lyrics for so many songs and just enjoy the music for the sound and the voices, and if there is one, the choreography. Especially when it's uhh first-person?? singing?? Like the song sounds like it is directed at you, the listener. I just cringe so hard... But a lot of my favourite songs sound-wise have those kinda lyrics so I just got used to it more and more. Because of that I appreciate it even more when a group has an interesting/dark story in their concept or music video going. But at the same time I absolutely adore those over the top cute concepts, so like, uhhh???
Which brings me to...

5. I have a weird hate-love relationship with aegyo. Like, I find it adorable at times when idols do it or are just naturally cute, but sometimes, especially when it's "forced", as in they're being told to do it, I just physically cringe. Even worse when they do some fanservice romantic acting bits towards the viewers, most of the time it makes even the idols cringe because it is so weird. But I can't complain about all of this existing, because at the end it is what brings a lot of fans so fair enough. One might argue that this is one of the things enforcing the para-social relationship obsessed side of the stans, and to an extend I would say yes but at the same time, those exist for every fandom, regardless of people doing that or not, so I don't really think there's much harm in it.

rori

Kpop Expert
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Keeho
Hanbin
Leebit (Lee Know)
Cat Chasing A Heart
DISCLAMER: Hai! This is my unpopular opinion! after you read this, remember to spread the love and not hate! wuv u! 🩷
i just wanna say that some fans are horrible (not anyone on here ofc.) but some people are so quick to like criticize and idol for something, talk shit about their songs and stuff. Let's take Wonyoung from IVE for example. People hate her because she ate a strawberry with two hands. Like don't act like you haven't done shit like that before. People say that she's disrespectful because she didn't bow all the way. people think she's favored (which i can kinda see why) people think she's cringy. i even saw on twitter saying she's a lazy dancer! She's not a lazy dancer and can probably dance better than you ever could! Now after Moonbin's death, who's next. Protect and Love the idols, dont hate on them! They are people and have feelings too! 🩷

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
There's no way Yang Hyunsuk is making babymonster's lineup objectively. I wouldn't even be surprised if at the end he throws the most random-as$ sounding excuse to not include one member. Just look at Ahyeon, she has been having low scores even if objectively she is more qualified (because of all the areas she succeeds in). And devil knows if he cares about the members' maturity, even if he doesn't debut a just-turned-14 years old, he will still debut kids. Everyday my hopes for baemon descend more than a broken elevator.

iiserene;

Website
open.spotify.com
Credits
Yunjin
Cute Elephant
Never-Bong
✧ Happy Jeongin ✧
I have mixed feelings about streaming.
I get it, your fave comes out with a new song, and you want to support them. Alr, fine, cool, whatever. Personally, I don't stream. I usually never watch a mv more than a few times. And I don't judge people if they do stream, I genuinely don't have a big dislike towards streaming. Its just that some people take it too far. I have met some stans (online and irl) who tell me that they stay up all night streaming or barely sleep because they need to ¨support their faves¨. But its like- that's not healthy. Is streaming really more important than your own health? Probably not. Im sure idols wouldn't want to know that their songs are having a big effect on your health.
So overall, streaming is fine as long as it isn't affecting your health in a bad way-