҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

hoeliviahye

Kpop Fan
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
Chaeyoung
Go Won
Roa
Vivi
Unpopular opinion #1: JYP isn't one of the best companies out there. They've forced many idols to endure extremely unhealthy diets and have overworked their idols to the point of developing mental illnesses (i.e. Mina). They only care about the money they can make from their idols, and once they find that an idol group isn't profitable, they completely mismanage them and drop the ball in promotions (GOT7 for example or DAY6). However, they are the best out of the Big Three.

Unpopular opinion #2: Mullets are a big no from me. I have no clue how people find them attractive. Maybe it's because a lot of my family is from Kentucky, but mullets give major "I slept with my cousin" vibes.

Unpopular opinion #3: Girl group stans are just as problematic as boy group stans. They both hyper-sexualize their idols to the point some fan discords are literally disgusting to read. Girl group stans aren't better than boy group stans, and boy group stans aren't better than girl group stans.

Unpopular opinion #4: Girl groups are slept on more than boy groups. Boy groups have a certain marketability most girl groups don't, and as you see with most major companies, it comes to the root of how they are promoted. Girl groups get treated far worse than boy groups do by companies, case in point being how Pledis treated Pristin or how YG treats Blackpink.

Unpopular opinion #5: Blackpink's members were the only ones to debut from YG because of their money. All of the girls came from wealthy families, and there's evidence of how YG ensures that trainees whose families invested in the company got farther than those who didn't or those unable to. Jennie's family is the wealthiest of all the girls', and that's why she gets treated as YG's princess. Her family has shares in the company, so of course YG has to treat her better than the rest of them. It doesn't mean these girls aren't talented, but it shows how YG values money and visuals more than actual talent.

Claaris

Kpop Amateur
Credits
1. Red Velvet's stage presence is slowly improving. I noticed this era that the members, Joy especially, are improving. Wendy has the best stage, presence right now, followed by Joy, then Seulgi and Irene (they're both good but need to use more expression) and then Yeri. Majority of members only give expression while center or attention, Wendy always gives it her all.

2. Line distributions aren't THAT bad. The reason why they're uneven is due to members having different vocal and rap positions and or some members fitting a song more. There are three things that make me think otherwise.
1. A member gets the most lines despite not fitting the song or not being a main/lead vocal
2. A member sings almost the entire song and all the other members get nothing (ex. The Boots - Gugudan)
3. A member gets no lines (Unless they get to do something to impress the viewer, like Cheng Xiao from WJSN having no lines in Catch Me but performing an aerial.

3. There are so many contenders for 2nd best Dancer in Twice, but my three would be Jihyo, Mina, and Sana. All three are best in different things and they all could easily make the main/lead dancer in a group. (Mina is main, Sana was lead and got removed and Jihyo isn't in the dance line.)

4. Which brings me to my final opinion; Twice, GFriend, Dreamcatcher and LOONA are the best ggs when in comes to overall dancing. All members are synchronized, the choreos in said groups are much more complex, and a lot of members from those groups have amazing stage presence.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
3. There are so many contenders for 2nd best Dancer in Twice, but my three would be Jihyo, Mina, and Sana. All three are best in different things and they all could easily make the main/lead dancer in a group. (Mina is main, Sana was lead and got removed and Jihyo isn't in the dance line.)

I though Momo was main, with Sana and Mina as lead?

Yeonjoo

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Nayun
something I don't like about Kpop?...

.... I don't like the fact that the members are ranked by their looks

I remember when once Super Junior had to rank themselves from the most handsome to ugliest and it was super embarrassing for the ones who had to rank themselves as the ugliest...

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
1. Hating on Jennie should stop, like girl is not right these days and I'm worried for her (I ain't even a blink)
2. Zimzalabim was interesting, I liked it, but I can understand why others didn't
3. Lana also shouldn't get as much hate. People gonna say that she liked comment about white privilage (or something like that), but she even liked comments saying that she's a flop. It's obvious that she had a bot.
4. I don't understand why groups that have just debiuted and haven't build a stable fandom in Korea go to US.
5. BigHit wants to recreate BTS, but they're going too fast with TXT (4th opinion for e.g.). They've just popped out, let them live.
6. I feel that kpop hype in US will die kind of quickly, there are too many groups going there and almost everybody has already dried BTS topic down, so I don't think much will happen.
I have more, but I don't want to write more, because it's really late for me and I should probably get some sleep.

butterpuffs

Band Leader
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Minhyun
JR
Hyunjae
Juyeon
1. Hating on Jennie should stop, like girl is not right these days and I'm worried for her (I ain't even a blink)
2. Zimzalabim was interesting, I liked it, but I can understand why others didn't
3. Lana also shouldn't get as much hate. People gonna say that she liked comment about white privilage (or something like that), but she even liked comments saying that she's a flop. It's obvious that she had a bot.
4. I don't understand why groups that have just debiuted and haven't build a stable fandom in Korea go to US.
5. BigHit wants to recreate BTS, but they're going too fast with TXT (4th opinion for e.g.). They've just popped out, let them live.
6. I feel that kpop hype in US will die kind of quickly, there are too many groups going there and almost everybody has already dried BTS topic down, so I don't think much will happen.
I have more, but I don't want to write more, because it's really late for me and I should probably get some sleep.
1. Agree with this!
2. Me too, I like zimzalabim~ even tho i prefer their previous title tracks
3. I don't follow Lana, so I don't know how much people hate her... but I saw her in mubank, and she's good!
4. & 5. Even tho I like TXT, but I don't really follow them because there are a lot of groups that I like and recently coming back so... I don't have any comments with these opinions :)
6. I agree with this!

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
I agree with #5 so much. I’m not a fan of TXT but yes, it seems BigHit is trying to recreate BTS through TXT, and they shouldn’t do that. Let the boys live a little.