҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Angelazed

Kpop Fan
Credits
Lee Know
Changbin
Seungmin
Kim Woojin
I think all the companies have many downsides and that they should treat better not only their artists but also the trainees who spend a lot of time improving their skills, dieting and working to earn money to support themselves (this doesn't apply to all, because I know that some of them invest in their artists since pre-debut days).
I hate that many netizens prefer visual over talent because not everyone can be handsome/beautiful according to people's opinion and that they should help artists flourish even though they are considered 'ugly'.

softseun

Kpop Stan
Credits
Jiwon
Hayoung
Yuri
Jisun
•ʀᴜʟᴇs
So all you have to do is reply with your unpopular kpop opinions and I won’t judge you.

I’ll start:
I don’t think Somi is fit for a soloist

jayizzynizzy

Kpop Amateur
Credits
1. Hating on Jennie should stop, like girl is not right these days and I'm worried for her (I ain't even a blink)
2. Zimzalabim was interesting, I liked it, but I can understand why others didn't
3. Lana also shouldn't get as much hate. People gonna say that she liked comment about white privilage (or something like that), but she even liked comments saying that she's a flop. It's obvious that she had a bot.
4. I don't understand why groups that have just debiuted and haven't build a stable fandom in Korea go to US.
5. BigHit wants to recreate BTS, but they're going too fast with TXT (4th opinion for e.g.). They've just popped out, let them live.
6. I feel that kpop hype in US will die kind of quickly, there are too many groups going there and almost everybody has already dried BTS topic down, so I don't think much will happen.
I have more, but I don't want to write more, because it's really late for me and I should probably get some sleep.
i feel like NO OFFENCE but i feel like black pink is overrated like their music is OK like i talk to other k pop stands some other blinks are always like black pink is best girl group ever its annoying but im sure the girls i
n the group have great personalitys.i feel the same about txt they are a copy of bts and it's not cute bighit needs to let them be themselves.

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
I don't really think artists that don't have any Asian blood or was raised with Asian culture should be in kpop groups because kpop is a place where Asians can shine, but of course, no one should receive hate from anyone.
I totally agree with this bc artists who aren’t Asian can become successful elsewhere more easily than Asians can, typically

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
Unpopular opinion #1: JYP isn't one of the best companies out there. They've forced many idols to endure extremely unhealthy diets and have overworked their idols to the point of developing mental illnesses (i.e. Mina). They only care about the money they can make from their idols, and once they find that an idol group isn't profitable, they completely mismanage them and drop the ball in promotions (GOT7 for example or DAY6). However, they are the best out of the Big Three.

Unpopular opinion #2: Mullets are a big no from me. I have no clue how people find them attractive. Maybe it's because a lot of my family is from Kentucky, but mullets give major "I slept with my cousin" vibes.

Unpopular opinion #3: Girl group stans are just as problematic as boy group stans. They both hyper-sexualize their idols to the point some fan discords are literally disgusting to read. Girl group stans aren't better than boy group stans, and boy group stans aren't better than girl group stans.

Unpopular opinion #4: Girl groups are slept on more than boy groups. Boy groups have a certain marketability most girl groups don't, and as you see with most major companies, it comes to the root of how they are promoted. Girl groups get treated far worse than boy groups do by companies, case in point being how Pledis treated Pristin or how YG treats Blackpink.

Unpopular opinion #5: Blackpink's members were the only ones to debut from YG because of their money. All of the girls came from wealthy families, and there's evidence of how YG ensures that trainees whose families invested in the company got farther than those who didn't or those unable to. Jennie's family is the wealthiest of all the girls', and that's why she gets treated as YG's princess. Her family has shares in the company, so of course YG has to treat her better than the rest of them. It doesn't mean these girls aren't talented, but it shows how YG values money and visuals more than actual talent.

I think your first opinion is more relevant to YG. Anyway, all the companies are like that. It's just they can't talk about that in public. But I find JYP as one of the friendly ones. Look at the way they joke with JY park, and they teach human values too. There are several other reasons for me to say that. No matter which company they are from, all the trainees have to go through that rough training anyway. Just a friendly opinion.

DrawiswhatIliketodo

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Okay, so, I'm here with more opinions, because that's where I get the most replies 😆
1. Non-blinks should stop using Jisoo as an excuse to hate on other members.
2. Big 3 girl groups have such a bad management teams that I'm just shook. It's been half a year and Twice already had a comeback and two Japanese MVs, Blackpink is getting a comeback per year and doesn't have tv appearances in between and Red Velvet is not well promoted. Like, what are y'all doing?
3. Red Velvet's stylists should just get fired at this point.
4. Somi's debut sounded like Disney star trying to get big in music industry.
5. Cube is trying to make little Hyunas in their groups, both in rapping style (Soyeon - you can compare her rapping style before debut in unpretty rapstar and now) and in looks (Soojin) and it doesn't work.
6. Not stanning a group, because of their fanbase is a good enough reason.
That's all I could think of rn. Hope y'all having fun
agree with all

laurenbtslover

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Ahin
Choerry
Jongho
Vivi
I think if blackpink were to make a full album there would be less hate because that is one of the main reasons blackpink get hate is they don't have a full album in my opinion I like all of blackpink's songs I think they are all bops

laurenbtslover

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Ahin
Choerry
Jongho
Vivi
I also think soloists don't get a lot of fans compared to groups in kpop like there's a lot of kpop soloists out there but only a few are famous while the rest are groups that are famous

hoeliviahye

Kpop Fan
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
Chaeyoung
Go Won
Roa
Vivi
I think your first opinion is more relevant to YG. Anyway, all the companies are like that. It's just they can't talk about that in public. But I find JYP as one of the friendly ones. Look at the way they joke with JY park, and they teach human values too. There are several other reasons for me to say that. No matter which company they are from, all the trainees have to go through that rough training anyway. Just a friendly opinion.
I completely agree. They are by far the best of the Big Three because they actually prioritize how their idols treat others and care about them genuinely. I just don't think they're one of the best ones overall 🤷‍♀️ Still, they are by far a great company compared to the many other ones (*cough* Pledis *cough* YG)

Credits
Y
Seungmin
Jeong Sewoon
I don’t know if any of you guys have watched produce x 101 but there were 2 trainees from YG that joined the show, but both of them were eliminated. So i think having them getting eliminated from the show was for the better.

M

myheartizomg

I think that some netizens can become very absurd when it comes to commenting about idols. One example is a photoshoot of NCT 127 where they called their skin dirty because they gave out a raw photoshoot without makeup where they looked completely normal and naturally beautiful. I also can't stand whitewashing, not only in kpop, in general.