҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
SM groups make HELLA good music, but the people themselves SUCK. I love me some Aespa, SNSD, Exo and S.E.S, but you have to admit this company has some of the WORST scandals in K-pop. There's a new one every year, and they get worse and more repetitive, like c'mon. Can't we learn from others mistakes and stop 😣

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
SM groups make HELLA good music, but the people themselves SUCK. I love me some Aespa, SNSD, Exo and S.E.S, but you have to admit this company has some of the WORST scandals in K-pop. There's a new one every year, and they get worse and more repetitive, like c'mon. Can't we learn from others mistakes and stop 😣
I personally don’t often like SM songs so I’m safe. But geez the scandals. How is it the same things happen over and over again in that company. Yes, maybe a company could be ignorant to an international issue, but once fans have brought it to your intention it should just finish there. Like how do they repeat the same mistakes over and over??

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
I personally don’t often like SM songs so I’m safe. But geez the scandals. How is it the same things happen over and over again in that company. Yes, maybe a company could be ignorant to an international issue, but once fans have brought it to your intention it should just finish there. Like how do they repeat the same mistakes over and over??
IKR!!! It's literally insane! They need to get it together real talk :cautious:

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
the worst part of ice cream by blackpink isn't the song - it's the concept. lolita concepts are the worst kpop concepts. lolita is awful - it's all abt sexualizing little girls. i mean, there's a whole book called lolita abt a little girl being gr00med by a much older man. and ppl wanna recreate that? no ma'am. i will forever be against lolita concepts, no matter who's doing them. they're harmful and cater to p3dos
Ah, so you’re familiar with Vladimir Nabokov’s work👀

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Sometimes, it's not the song itself that's bad. Sometimes, it's the vocals of the artist.

I absolutely despise hating on idols, and spreading horrible opinions on them, so I will not be giving examples. However, sometimes I just can't help but listen to a song and think if someone else sung this I think I would enjoy it a lot more. This is mostly the case for nugu groups, as if they have a small company they might not be able to afford the proper training or sound quality. That's the thing with music though. If you're someone like me who enjoys it for the sound, if it doesn't sound how you want it to you're just not going to enjoy it.

Also smaller not necessarily kpop related opinion but something that came to my mind writing this. You're allowed to have an opinion on something even if you do not know how to do it yourself. I'm pretty sure no one here is a 5* chef, yet everyone has preferences for the food they eat, and thinks some foods are completely and utterly gross. Art shouldn't be any different. Just coz you can't pick up a pencil for the life of you, or hold a note for 2 seconds, doesn't mean you can't think someone who can hasn't done something you enjoy. There's just two rules to this.
1. Don't act like you're an expert in the subject and your opinion is superior to anyone else's, especially to people who are trained
2. Don't tell the person you don't like their work. Just keep the opinion to yourself

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I prefer f(x)'s discography over Red Velvet's and I think they have the best discography in SM. This is not to discredit the cake girls I love them their one of my top girl groups, but recently I've been falling in love with f(x)'s music and I can see why people constantly compare the two. I mean come on, I listened to Red Velvet's first EP and then their first album and I was like "this sounds like f(x)". Amazing groups high quality music, I don't see why f(x) didn't last as long though? SM I will never understand you

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Sometimes, it's not the song itself that's bad. Sometimes, it's the vocals of the artist.

I absolutely despise hating on idols, and spreading horrible opinions on them, so I will not be giving examples. However, sometimes I just can't help but listen to a song and think if someone else sung this I think I would enjoy it a lot more. This is mostly the case for nugu groups, as if they have a small company they might not be able to afford the proper training or sound quality. That's the thing with music though. If you're someone like me who enjoys it for the sound, if it doesn't sound how you want it to you're just not going to enjoy it.

Also smaller not necessarily kpop related opinion but something that came to my mind writing this. You're allowed to have an opinion on something even if you do not know how to do it yourself. I'm pretty sure no one here is a 5* chef, yet everyone has preferences for the food they eat, and thinks some foods are completely and utterly gross. Art shouldn't be any different. Just coz you can't pick up a pencil for the life of you, or hold a note for 2 seconds, doesn't mean you can't think someone who can hasn't done something you enjoy. There's just two rules to this.
1. Don't act like you're an expert in the subject and your opinion is superior to anyone else's, especially to people who are trained
2. Don't tell the person you don't like their work. Just keep the opinion to yourself
i completely agree. and to add to your first point, sometimes, it's not even that the singers couldn't afford proper training or sound quality, it's that a particular grp's vocal style/flavor doesn't suit the song they've been given, which isn't their fault.

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
BTS is starting to fall off... and this Snoop Dogg collab is going to be the last straw. Why do they have to do this~~ I guess if they idolize Snoop it's fine but ik this is finna sound god awful 😣

I just can't wait to hear they're having a CB of their own. Taehyung's mixtape that's coming out soon is going to make me levitate. They better do Jin good cause if he does end up going to the military and his last song is some bum ass Snoop Dogg collab where he only has one verse and some stupid adlibs(da na na is their fav to give Jin), imma be hot :mad: At this point, we can't even blame Hybe because we all know BTS makes song choices (for the most part) on their own. Imma need Sihyuk to come get his kids frfr 😭

BTS is starting to fall off... and this Snoop Dogg collab is going to be the last straw. Why do they have to do this~~ I guess if they idolize Snoop it's fine but ik this is finna sound god awful 😣

I just can't wait to hear they're having a CB of their own. Taehyung's mixtape that's coming out soon is going to make me levitate. They better do Jin good cause if he does end up going to the military and his last song is some bum ass Snoop Dogg collab where he only has one verse and some stupid adlibs(da na na is their fav to give Jin), imma be hot :mad: At this point, we can't even blame Hybe because we all know BTS makes song choices (for the most part) on their own. Imma need Sihyuk to come get his kids frfr 😭
I honestly want a non collab Comeback/song from them... it's been a while

To be honest I feel like BTS is going too hard on this global icon thing. Yes english songs and collaborations are all well and good, but some of us miss the classics, like Danger and Mic Drop and, you know, the Korean...
Well said