҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Interestingly enough V was photographed smoking at Grammy's yesterday. I better not see anybody lecture a grown man about what he should or should not do about it :)
There have been theories that he smokes, because there have been pictures with him having things that look like e-cigarettes. Clearly, he's been smoking for a while, and that's fine because he's an adult. The problem we should be focusing on is the sasaeng who illegally took the photo, without his consent. Is that not a more pressing issue here? I mean, I understand the concern of the people who are saying it's bad for his health, as I have a family member who used to smoke but quit, and so I know that it can cause problems. However, these people wouldn't have even known if this person, did not, again, illegally take the photo without his consent. I don't want to hear anything about his "public image" because he wasn't even aware he was being photographed.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Why do non Koreans think they have the right to tell BTS what language they should sing in? They don't need to prove anything to you just because you don't like their English releases, just listen to their Korean music if you miss it. It's getting tiring "BTS english music this... "BTS should sing in Korean that...." It's always non BTS stans too, why are you as a non Korean, non ARMY telling these grown men what to do what their lives? People get so entitled when it comes to BTS and I don't know why. Do they think BTS owes them because they're superstars?? Like what is it about them that makes people so railed up?? They are enjoying what they are doing, if you don't enjoy it: don't listen to it. Simple as that, no one is forcing you to stan BTS or even listen to them/av /lu /nbh

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Why do non Koreans think they have the right to tell BTS what language they should sing in? They don't need to prove anything to you just because you don't like their English releases, just listen to their Korean music if you miss it. It's getting tiring "BTS english music this... "BTS should sing in Korean that...." It's always non BTS stans too, why are you as a non Korean, non ARMY telling these grown men what to do what their lives? People get so entitled when it comes to BTS and I don't know why. Do they think BTS owes them because they're superstars?? Like what is it about them that makes people so railed up?? They are enjoying what they are doing, if you don't enjoy it: don't listen to it. Simple as that, no one is forcing you to stan BTS or even listen to them/av /lu /nbh
I'm telling you, only on twitter will you find the weirdest things

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I thought this was directed at me until I read the /nbh- Because I've expressed interest in them going back to Korean releases. I don't hate their english releases, I just prefer their Korean ones

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
right! i mean, i would like to hear a new korean release, but it's not up to me lol. if english music makes them happy, let them do it! some ppl act like they're legally bound to listen to songs they don't like. like, i absolutely despise butter, so what do i do? i just don't listen to it. simple, easy peay. ppl are wild lol

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
I thought this was directed at me until I read the /nbh- Because I've expressed interest in them going back to Korean releases. I don't hate their english releases, I just prefer their Korean ones
oh lol I haven't seen your post, don't worry it wasn't about you. I saw some BTS antis on twitter (as usual) and felt the need to vent here/gen

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
that's a good rule /gen
it's taken me forever to block and weed out posts/accts that are hateful and i'm still working on it. i was on lisa solo stan twt for a while, and... major yikes.
The amount of words I have to mute in order to filter out the main drama is tragic.

One random thing I really hate is when people censor words. I feel like on an app like Twitter with a mute function, filtering words especially sensitive ones is really daft. I get they’re trying not to trigger people but… maybe I’m wrong but like usually it’s not the actual word that triggers people but the discussion of it. So by censoring the word all you’re doing is stopping people who muted that word from being able to avoid that content and making it appear on their feed 🙃

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
The amount of words I have to mute in order to filter out the main drama is tragic.

One random thing I really hate is when people censor words. I feel like on an app like Twitter with a mute function, filtering words especially sensitive ones is really daft. I get they’re trying not to trigger people but… maybe I’m wrong but like usually it’s not the actual word that triggers people but the discussion of it. So by censoring the word all you’re doing is stopping people who muted that word from being able to avoid that content and making it appear on their feed 🙃
right! like, here i'll censor words bc there are younger users and i'll censor them on tiktok bc they ban ppl like crazy, but on twitter? i don't. there shouldn't be young kids there and i highly doubt twitter will ban me lol. if i don't wanna see smth, i just filter it out

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay here’s a take I’ve literally never heard anyone say before.

I feel kind of sad when a group gets their first win with their debut song. Maybe sad is the wrong word? Hear me out.

Some of the best moments in kpop is the feeling of a long deserving group getting their first win. Seeing that “X gets their first win after 3 YEARS!” is just so heart warming. It makes me want to cry with joy even if I’ve never listened to that group in my life. For the artists too, imagine working so hard for years to show off your abilities and FINALLY you get that sweet victory.

Now let’s compare that to a brand new debuted group. 1st wins will always be emotional. There’s no doubt about it. But getting it at debut just feels… idk. Less special. It’s more of a “good for them” moment.

I’ll take ITZY as an example since they’re my ult group right now.
Watching Mamamoo’s first win always has me in tears.
Watching CLC’s first win always has me BAWLING
I feel nothing watching ITZY get their first win. There’s just no build up. Even for them you can clearly see they just weren’t expecting it at all. They seem shocked but it’s also so… empty.

While on the subject of CLC though, on the opposite end of the spectrum I also don’t want it to come off as they should have to wait years. Groups like Weki Meki or DC are far overdue a first win and for some groups, like Brave Girls, that almost ended their careers. I feel like a good healthy 1-2.5 years is a nice time frame to get your first win. You’ve worked for your fandom and to prove yourself, you’ve begun to make memories and now you have something else to share with fans

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Okay here’s a take I’ve literally never heard anyone say before.

I feel kind of sad when a group gets their first win with their debut song. Maybe sad is the wrong word? Hear me out.

Some of the best moments in kpop is the feeling of a long deserving group getting their first win. Seeing that “X gets their first win after 3 YEARS!” is just so heart warming. It makes me want to cry with joy even if I’ve never listened to that group in my life. For the artists too, imagine working so hard for years to show off your abilities and FINALLY you get that sweet victory.

Now let’s compare that to a brand new debuted group. 1st wins will always be emotional. There’s no doubt about it. But getting it at debut just feels… idk. Less special. It’s more of a “good for them” moment.

I’ll take ITZY as an example since they’re my ult group right now.
Watching Mamamoo’s first win always has me in tears.
Watching CLC’s first win always has me BAWLING
I feel nothing watching ITZY get their first win. There’s just no build up. Even for them you can clearly see they just weren’t expecting it at all. They seem shocked but it’s also so… empty.

While on the subject of CLC though, on the opposite end of the spectrum I also don’t want it to come off as they should have to wait years. Groups like Weki Meki or DC are far overdue a first win and for some groups, like Brave Girls, that almost ended their careers. I feel like a good healthy 1-2.5 years is a nice time frame to get your first win. You’ve worked for your fandom and to prove yourself, you’ve begun to make memories and now you have something else to share with fans
i get what you're saying, and i completely agree. when i watch skz's first win, i bawl; you can tell they needed that as a recognition of their hard work, and it was only just over a yr after debut when they won. but, like you said, w itzy, i feel nothing. i love itzy, but it's like "wow, good for them" vs this, like, sense of being so dang proud of them

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
i get what you're saying, and i completely agree. when i watch skz's first win, i bawl; you can tell they needed that as a recognition of their hard work, and it was only just over a yr after debut when they won. but, like you said, w itzy, i feel nothing. i love itzy, but it's like "wow, good for them" vs this, like, sense of being so dang proud of them
Agreed, especially because of groups that I know deserve it but didn't get it for years, like Pentagon :(

blumoon

Kpop Rookie
Website
carrd.co
Credits
that's a good rule /gen
it's taken me forever to block and weed out posts/accts that are hateful and i'm still working on it. i was on lisa solo stan twt for a while, and... major yikes.
one of my moots on twt some time ago posted a convo with a former moot of theirs that still followed kim woojin. and they were digusted with them & blocked them. i replied to them saying the allegations were proven false. its so annoying to see people still believe false rumors of an idol like do ur fucking research. and theres a kpop tiktoker whos ot22 like lucas did nothing wrong. nctzens had to debunk the allegations bc sm did nothing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
one of my moots on twt some time ago posted a convo with a former moot of theirs that still followed kim woojin. and they were digusted with them & blocked them. i replied to them saying the allegations were proven false. its so annoying to see people still believe false rumors of an idol like do ur fucking research. and theres a kpop tiktoker whos ot22 like lucas did nothing wrong. nctzens had to debunk the allegations bc sm did nothing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 64844
wait when was lucas proven innocent- /g /nm

blumoon

Kpop Rookie
Website
carrd.co
Credits
wait when was lucas proven innocent- /g /nm
it was proven false in september of last year according to kookielit on youtube. the accusers were caught lying abt the whole thing. and apparently it was all staged bc it occurred when jalapeno by hendery & lucas was gonna come out.

blumoon

Kpop Rookie
Website
carrd.co
Credits
ik that a lot of people dont like nxmixx debut song but i also dont like this. i find it cringy & feel embarrassed to see people performing the song in public. if some group covers it in school then my god ill just close my eyes & ears from the shame i feel. especially starting off with the intro that i still dont like & with the outfits my god. like come on if ur gonna show locals kpop show them a good song not a bad one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------