҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
For no.2, I think my fave bg cover of a girl group song was TO1 covering I Can't Stop Me by TWICE. I remember at the time thinking it was better than the original (at the time I wasn't a fan of the song, though it eventually grew on me). So thankfully, there are some boy groups who can do girl groups justice.
I think it isn't just a K-Pop issue though, just an issue with society all around the world. For some reason anything that's associated with the female gender is considered weaker and less cool. It's honestly stupid though because I remember seeing a male idol covering ITZY's Mafia, and no hate to him but, Mafia's choreo itself is not cute and girly it's an intense and difficult choreo yet you could hardly recognise the dance. So weird
omg, i saw that mafia cover. i legit thought he had made his own choreo for it until i checked the comments

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
1.) Some of ur favs aren't "paving the way" for opposite sex friendships.
For example somi and daehwi. ppl claim that their paving the way fir friendships in kpop. When in reality most of y'all are only saying that bc he "seems to be gay". Let me tell you if somi were to be friends with someone like NCT jaehyun or someone like that y'all would be talk sh** abt her.
2.) Boygroups covering girlgroups NEED to stop changing the choreography.
You don't see girl groups changing the choreo of boy groups to be "more feminine".
Also this totally isn't me being biased for Kino but... Kinos gg dances are amazing😭😭

ONF

☕️🫖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
V.I.P.
Website
rentry.org
Credits
✧ The Final Problem ✧
Peke J (Excalibur)
I just finished watching Step Back and unpopular opinion (befitting of the title of this thread), I don't dislike it. Structurally/vocal-wise, it reminds me of Sticker by NCT 127 (which is also a song I like). However, from what I've heard from other people, the lyrics/message of the song is not great but overall I wouldn't mind listening to it again.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
survival shows are pointless if they don't form permanent groups. like, you put all those trainees through broadcasted torture just for them to get 2.5 yrs? yeah, most of them go on to join other groups/go solo later, but still. what's the point of all that if you're not gonna give them at least 7+ yrs?

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
survival shows are pointless if they don't form permanent groups. like, you put all those trainees through broadcasted torture just for them to get 2.5 yrs? yeah, most of them go on to join other groups/go solo later, but still. what's the point of all that if you're not gonna give them at least 7+ yrs?
I think the reason for that is bc they want the trainees to have the idol life for 2 yrs then they have the choice to continue to go solo or join another group. I think the companies the trainees originally were from play a big part in this too. The companies may most likely want the idol after their time on the temporary group due to their popularity. However I sill wish that they were given more time.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Survival shows are mostly beneficial for smaller companies. It gives the trainees exposure and so people might be more inclined to follow them after the show ends. Then again I do think survival shows are becoming more beneficial. I mean, IVE absolutely blew up. I doubt their success would’ve been this MASSIVE if Wonyoung and Yujin weren’t iz*one members

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
jisoo (blackpink) is not main vocalist material. everytime i turn around, i see ppl saying "jisoo deserves to be the main vocal" or smth similar, and just... no. she's certainly not bad, but she's far from main vocalist material. her voice when singing high notes is v strained, and sounds like it hurts her. ik being a good vocalist is not all abt high notes, but still. she is pretty stable when singing live, but she needs to improve her technique. it should not sound like it hurts the singer when they sing.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
jisoo (blackpink) is not main vocalist material. everytime i turn around, i see ppl saying "jisoo deserves to be the main vocal" or smth similar, and just... no. she's certainly not bad, but she's far from main vocalist material. her voice when singing high notes is v strained, and sounds like it hurts her. ik being a good vocalist is not all abt high notes, but still. she is pretty stable when singing live, but she needs to improve her technique. it should not sound like it hurts the singer when they sing.
She would if they put her in her actual vocal range, smh. /nay

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
She would if they put her in her actual vocal range, smh. /nay
yeah, you're right. she sounds amazing in hylt.
now that i think abt it, i'm glad she isn't a main vocal bc i don't trust yg w their main vocals. i mean, look what they did to bom. years of forcing her to sing out of her comfy range caused her to damage her vocals. she said in an interview (i can't remember which one, sorry!) she can't even sing wo it causing her extreme pain :c

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
yeah, you're right. she sounds amazing in hylt.
now that i think abt it, i'm glad she isn't a main vocal bc i don't trust yg w their main vocals. i mean, look what they did to bom. years of forcing her to sing out of her comfy range caused her to damage her vocals. she said in an interview (i can't remember which one, sorry!) she can't even sing wo it causing her extreme pain :c
Dude I hate Cube but at least their vocal coaches know how to manage their voices. Thank gosh for Yuqi.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Blackpink aren't mistreated:
Blackpink aren't mistreated its basically a marketing tactic for YG which is pretty smart honestly considering the fact it works. YG doesn't give blackpink comebacks in order to Blinks thirsty for comebacks and they'll just eat up each comeback which makes more money for YG. And you may say "well the members don't seem to like it" compare them to CLC a group who repeatedly expresses that they want a comeback to their company. Yes in some ways some of the members are individually mistreated I guess but overall BLackpink as a group is not mistreated.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Blackpink aren't mistreated:
Blackpink aren't mistreated its basically a marketing tactic for YG which is pretty smart honestly considering the fact it works. YG doesn't give blackpink comebacks in order to Blinks thirsty for comebacks and they'll just eat up each comeback which makes more money for YG. And you may say "well the members don't seem to like it" compare them to CLC a group who repeatedly expresses that they want a comeback to their company. Yes in some ways some of the members are individually mistreated I guess but overall BLackpink as a group is not mistreated.
i feel like so many ppl mix up mistreated and mismanaged. but, like you said, blackpink aren't either. twice was mismanaged during the feels era bc there was so much potential in an all english single that wasn't acted on. at the end of the day, the members were fine, and the song did well enough, but it was kinda overlooked, making it a mismanaged comeback. the way bp is managed works. we may wish for more comebacks, the members may wish for more comeback, but the fact of the matter is, what they're doing now works.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
i feel like so many ppl mix up mistreated and mismanaged. but, like you said, blackpink aren't either. twice was mismanaged during the feels era bc there was so much potential in an all english single that wasn't acted on. at the end of the day, the members were fine, and the song did well enough, but it was kinda overlooked, making it a mismanaged comeback. the way bp is managed works. we may wish for more comebacks, the members may wish for more comeback, but the fact of the matter is, what they're doing now works.
EXACTLY MY POINT

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Like an ACTUALLY mistreated group is probably East light
right! or s#arp, who were 1st gen, but still. they're actually the 1st recorded case of bullying among group members. the company knew, but did nothing to stop it. actually, the encouraged the competition between 2 members that started the bullying