҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i'm gonna be a star by twice isn't that bad. did nayeon hate it? yeah. are the "i'm gonna be a star"s annoying? yeah. but are the vocals good, creating an awesome prechorus? also yeah. were the raps that bad? not really. was dahyun spitting bars in her first verse? yes. best dahyun rap to date (most likely the fastest, anyway). plus, the performances are kinda funny to watch, bc you can see the hatred in their eyes. not even sana - ms. only-member-who-liked-signal-at-first sana - looks like she'd rather shave her own head. but i like i'm gonna be a star, and it's on my playlist (my meme playlist, but still)

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
i'm gonna be a star by twice isn't that bad. did nayeon hate it? yeah. are the "i'm gonna be a star"s annoying? yeah. but are the vocals good, creating an awesome prechorus? also yeah. were the raps that bad? not really. was dahyun spitting bars in her first verse? yes. best dahyun rap to date (most likely the fastest, anyway). plus, the performances are kinda funny to watch, bc you can see the hatred in their eyes. not even sana - ms. only-member-who-liked-signal-at-first sana - looks like she'd rather shave her own head. but i like i'm gonna be a star, and it's on my playlist (my meme playlist, but still)
Wait why do they hate it so much-

yoon

Kpop Groupie
Credits
GOT7
Shating Star
Ahgabong
Hwang Inyoup
Aespa debuted way too early. Like their stage presence is not that good and they still have some things to work on as a group.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Aespa debuted way too early. Like their stage presence is not that good and they still have some things to work on as a group.
i mostly agree. winter is a weak lead dancer, and giselle really needs to work on her dancing. ningning does need to improve her dancing, but she did train for 4 yrs. from what i can tell, sm should've focused more on training her as a dancer, since her vocals were really good even before she was a trainee - basically, there was a lot less work to be done there vs in her dancing. i actually think all of them have really good vocals, but they do need more stage presence. a concept change might also help - they look really bored with what they're doing.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
i mostly agree. winter is a weak lead dancer, and giselle really needs to work on her dancing. ningning does need to improve her dancing, but she did train for 4 yrs. from what i can tell, sm should've focused more on training her as a dancer, since her vocals were really good even before she was a trainee - basically, there was a lot less work to be done there vs in her dancing. i actually think all of them have really good vocals, but they do need more stage presence. a concept change might also help - they look really bored with what they're doing.
I’ve actually seen videos of their stage presence, and I agree, they do look bored

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I’ve actually seen videos of their stage presence, and I agree, they do look bored
it's hard to judge if they're stage presence is actually bad, or if they're just bored. sometimes they look like they're trying too hard to be serious or mature in order to fit their concept; if they were allowed to do a more cheerful one, maybe it would change? idk. it reminds me of irene, tho. ppl say she's a weak center, but i'd argue that it depends on the concept. on their concepts like rookie, girlie was clearly not happy. but she seems to enjoy the queendom stages and the velvet concepts.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
it's hard to judge if they're stage presence is actually bad, or if they're just bored. sometimes they look like they're trying too hard to be serious or mature in order to fit their concept; if they were allowed to do a more cheerful one, maybe it would change? idk. it reminds me of irene, tho. ppl say she's a weak center, but i'd argue that it depends on the concept. on their concepts like rookie, girlie was clearly not happy. but she seems to enjoy the queendom stages and the velvet concepts.
Agreed!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
well since theyve already debuted lets give them a chance and wait till theyre more experienced and have improved ^^
right! and after thinking abt it more, i think the issue isn't a lack of skill, it's a lack of experience mixed w boredom

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
mimi (oh my girl) is a really underrated rapper. i think she gets discredited bc she has a cute concept, but i'd say she's on the same level as moonbyul and other rappers ppl always talk abt. but anyway, she's really good, and she writes her own raps, too!

ec.li.ps.e.138

Kpop Expert
Credits
step back is... noise music. and it isn't fun. got the beat deserved a better debut. i guess the appeal is seeing all your faves work together, so they can get away with weaker stuff (jopping ;;;) but still, you'd think sm would care.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
step back is... noise music. and it isn't fun. got the beat deserved a better debut. i guess the appeal is seeing all your faves work together, so they can get away with weaker stuff (jopping ;;;) but still, you'd think sm would care.
i usually enjoy noise music (one of my favorite concepts, alongside bright/cheerful), but step back was...not good. i don't like anything abt it, and least of all the lyrics. the potential was wasted - some of the most powerful women in kpop, fighting over a boy qwq