҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
1. So many people overlook shinee’s achievements
2. I personally love somi and her solo work but I still think she fits with a group better
3. Companys/survival shows need to stop trying to debut children under 14/15ish yes they may be talented but this could corrupt their childhood

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
title tracks aren't the best song. title tracks aren't the best song from the album bc they don't have to be. they just have to be the most attention-catching, the most likely to bring in new fans and revenue. there are some cases where the tile track is the best, but i usually find it not to be. for example: an album where the tt isn't the best: the red summer by red velvet (tt: red flavor). i find zoo and you better know to be better than red flavor. BUT red flavor is more attention drawing, so it's a good title track.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
if the only thing u have to say about gwsn is miya and her looks, u owe me 10 dollars./hj
tiktok and twitter always using miya for clout but when it comes to supporting miya and her group, suddenly its crickets. it's "omg i love gwsn i'm gonna stan i love miya!!" then when they have a comeback, radio silence. sick of seeing people use miya only for her looks and not appreciating her and the rest of gwsn as the artists they are. /srs

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
if the only thing u have to say about gwsn is miya and her looks, u owe me 10 dollars./hj
tiktok and twitter always using miya for clout but when it comes to supporting miya and her group, suddenly its crickets. it's "omg i love gwsn i'm gonna stan i love miya!!" then when they have a comeback, radio silence. sick of seeing people use miya only for her looks and not appreciating her and the rest of gwsn as the artists they are. /srs
Dude, Like It Hot is so amazing. It's such a bop and people need to recognize them for their talent
Also, Puzzle Moon<3
also can we talk about their mvs?? like they are seriously so well made??

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Dude, Like It Hot is so amazing. It's such a bop and people need to recognize them for their talent
Also, Puzzle Moon<3
also can we talk about their mvs?? like they are seriously so well made??
fr!! they're so talented. their whole discography is just perfect. they're slept on way too hard. their mvs and their artistry is just amazing

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Honestly I think this is just an issue with any tomboy presenting females in the industry. They get limited down to being nothing more than a girl crush for girls to simp over and I’m getting sick of it.
Ryujin is more than your lesbian girl crush. Moonbyul is more than your lesbian girl crush. Miya is more than your lesbian girl crush. (Probably many other idols fit into that as well those are just the 3 I think of off the top of my head). Yes, that might be one thing that’ll make you interested in them, because they’re different. But they have sooo many charms. It feels like girl crushes are being used as a trend, and speaking as wlw, it really pisses me off. WE’RE MORE THAN A TREND /nay

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Honestly I think this is just an issue with any tomboy presenting females in the industry. They get limited down to being nothing more than a girl crush for girls to simp over and I’m getting sick of it.
Ryujin is more than your lesbian girl crush. Moonbyul is more than your lesbian girl crush. Miya is more than your lesbian girl crush. (Probably many other idols fit into that as well those are just the 3 I think of off the top of my head). Yes, that might be one thing that’ll make you interested in them, because they’re different. But they have sooo many charms. It feels like girl crushes are being used as a trend, and speaking as wlw, it really pisses me off. WE’RE MORE THAN A TREND /nay
Tbh, I always liked Miya, but not for that reason. I actually posted about this earlier, but I think she actually could be non-binary/trans. If you look up her pre-debut photos, she presents almost entirely masculine. Which, could just be a tomboy thing. As a transgender person myself, I just thought it was curious. I don't want to be a speculator, though, because she deserves to just live her life. Whatever she is, she's amazing /g

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Tbh, I always liked Miya, but not for that reason. I actually posted about this earlier, but I think she actually could be non-binary/trans. If you look up her pre-debut photos, she presents almost entirely masculine. Which, could just be a tomboy thing. As a transgender person myself, I just thought it was curious. I don't want to be a speculator, though, because she deserves to just live her life. Whatever she is, she's amazing /g
I don't think so. She probably wouldn't've debuted in a girl group if she was nonbinary/trans.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I don't think so. She probably wouldn't've debuted in a girl group if she was nonbinary/trans.
I disagree. With how Korea is, it would have been hard otherwise for her to be successful if she was non-binary or trans, just look at all the Korean trans artists so far. Consider Harisu and the all-transgender group Lady. She would be forced to hide her identity. /lh /g

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
My point has been proven. Producer Swin Lee, who has worked on GWSN's "Other side of the moon", came out to say he'd never been paid for his work on that project. He produced every song and he hasn't been paid anything. This was GWSN's best selling comeback, where did that money go? Not only that, but no one outside of the fandom knows or cares. Groos are trying to help donate to Swin Lee and pay him for his work and trying to email The Wave Music (GWSN's company) about their issues which are: the payment issue, any updates with or concerning soso, the future of gwsn, and better communication with fans. It's really sad to see this happening but I can't say I didn't expect it. I found a post on Reddit (posted back in GWSN's Bazooka era) that summarizes my thoughts one my original post perfectly and also gives background on what GWSN has been going through for a long time

for those who dont know, gwsn was apart of kiwi media group, and they became a subsidiary for miles ent. for their most recent comeback bazooka. moreover, at the end of october, the ceo of kiwi - jungsu han - left the company. being a relatively nugu group and company, alongside the covid pandemic, kiwi has faced a lot of financial issues and all of this has been pushing into delaying any future comebacks (realistically, maybe even leading to the disbandment of the group)

now, youd think in some way or another that all of this miya clout would count towards an indirect exposure to gwsn, but i hardly see people coming to support her or gwsn when its comeback time. it doesnt sit well with me when people use underrated groups/members to show off that you 'stan' them to get clout but never actually support them. its just a bit discouraging seeing gwsn receive no growth or even ifans from all of these posts

Reddit Post

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
most ppl don't become and stay fans bc of visuals, and miya is proof of this. if visuals brought in fans that actually stayed, then gwsn would be one of the biggest groups rn, or at least much more well known. visual stans don't stay, they look at the one member then dip.

on a semi-related note, i've been interested in gwsn for a while, so if you have any reccs for songs, content, etc, lmk!

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
most ppl don't become and stay fans bc of visuals, and miya is proof of this. if visuals brought in fans that actually stayed, then gwsn would be one of the biggest groups rn, or at least much more well known. visual stans don't stay, they look at the one member then dip.

on a semi-related note, i've been interested in gwsn for a while, so if you have any reccs for songs, content, etc, lmk!
I made a playlist of GWSN songs to recommend, I am dedicated to promoting them it's my job/j

guide

not my playlist by one i found on youtube. it has their variety shows and other content to help stan gwsn <3

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
1.) Some of ur favs aren't "paving the way" for opposite sex friendships.
For example somi and daehwi. ppl claim that their paving the way fir friendships in kpop. When in reality most of y'all are only saying that bc he "seems to be gay". Let me tell you if somi were to be friends with someone like NCT jaehyun or someone like that y'all would be talk sh** abt her.
2.) Boygroups covering girlgroups NEED to stop changing the choreography.
You don't see girl groups changing the choreo of boy groups to be "more feminine".

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
1.) Some of ur favs aren't "paving the way" for opposite sex friendships.
For example somi and daehwi. ppl claim that their paving the way fir friendships in kpop. When in reality most of y'all are only saying that bc he "seems to be gay". Let me tell you if somi were to be friends with someone like NCT jaehyun or someone like that y'all would be talk sh** abt her.
You don't see girl groups changing the choreo of boy groups to be "more feminine".
2. it's called the boyz, sis~ but seriously, watch their gg covers it's amazing they do everything as it was originally

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
For no.2, I think my fave bg cover of a girl group song was TO1 covering I Can't Stop Me by TWICE. I remember at the time thinking it was better than the original (at the time I wasn't a fan of the song, though it eventually grew on me). So thankfully, there are some boy groups who can do girl groups justice.
I think it isn't just a K-Pop issue though, just an issue with society all around the world. For some reason anything that's associated with the female gender is considered weaker and less cool. It's honestly stupid though because I remember seeing a male idol covering ITZY's Mafia, and no hate to him but, Mafia's choreo itself is not cute and girly it's an intense and difficult choreo yet you could hardly recognise the dance. So weird