҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

najingter

when the flowers bloom beautifully and turned red
Author
Website
dancingwithyourghost.carrd.co
Credits
Leeseo
Mia
Liz
Username Change
It also depends on the song itself. If you've ever listened to the demo of Dun Dun where Onda has more lines... I'm so sorry to her, but it was not the right fit for her voice. In cases like that, it's hard to choose between fair line distribution vs. it sounding better and potentially getting more fans/awards/etc.
where is it?

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
@najingter and @pika_chuu i agree with both of you sm. it's more likely than not not the fault of the member getting all of those lines. and sometimes, a song is going to suit one member very well, and others, not so much. pirate was a bit better, so it's improving at least! besides, fair line distribution isn't the same thing as an equal line distribution.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
@najingter and @pika_chuu i agree with both of you sm. it's more likely than not not the fault of the member getting all of those lines. and sometimes, a song is going to suit one member very well, and others, not so much. pirate was a bit better, so it's improving at least! besides, fair line distribution isn't the same thing as an equal line distribution.
Omg dsjfndsnijfdsnisnisdinfdsnifdsni Pirate is so good.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. Saying __ is such a relatable idol is stupid and annoying. Every single idol is relatable. Yep, all of them. In some way, shape, or form, they're relatable. Some are more relatable than others for you, personally, but they're all relatable. Why? Because they're people, too. Just because they're an idol doesn't mean that they magically appeared as a person 18 year old one day - they've lived their whole life, just like you've lived yours. They've all experienced some sort of loss, they all have lazy days, they all get sick. Everything you experience, they've probably experienced, too. I don't understand why some fans can't get it through their heads that idols are people, too.

2. Random English raps in a song aren't that bad. I've seen so many people hating on Sunmi, Somi, Chungha, and more for including a random English rap, usually in the second verse. Are they a little disruptive? Yeah. Do they always fit? No. But are they awful, song-ruining, pieces of trash? No. Some of ya'll are being over dramatic. Chungha's Bicycle rap in so good, like what? How could you not like it? Sunmi's rap in YCSWU could've been better, but it wasn't bad. Somi's rap in XOXO wasn't great, but it certainly didn't ruin the song (actually, I don't like the song at all). The raps aren't bad. The only problem is that they sometimes have a lack of flow, but that's not a dealbreaker, at least not for me.

3. If you're a SKZ anti, don't talk to me. I have absolutely no issue with you not liking Stray Kids. That's your decision, and I, just like everyone else, can support it or keep quiet. The same is true for your hatred of Stray Kids, or any other group. Support it, be kind, or be quiet. This is not a human rights issue. Say something nice or don't say anything at all. The reason why I have a problem with SKZ antis specifically is their behavior. I've never seen antis on the same level as them. I've seen SKZ antis (who are sometimes called Leave) tell Stays to k!ll themselves, call them slurs, make fun of them, attack their personality. I myself was once told I was, and I quote, a "racist piece of trash" for liking SKZ. Like, what? Get a life, man. You're seriously going to berate somebody over a boy group? Really? And not to mention the things they've said to/about SKZ themselves. I saw a Leave say that they hoped Felix got r@p3d, and then proceeded to call him then-slur. Really? You hope he gets r@p3d? You're gonna call him racist, and then use the n-slur in the same breath? Make it make sense. It's quite disgusting, tbh. You can not like the group while still being kind - or, at the very least, demonstrate basic human decency. This leads me into my final point for this post...

4. Being an anti of a group is a pointless, stupid waste of time. Guess what? I don't like BigBang or Super Junior. I don't like Exo's Baekhyun or iKon's Jay. I find NCT's Lucas a bit annoying (yes, he's one of my biases, but nobody's perfect, and him being my bias doesn't negate the fact that I find him a bit annoying). Do I go around looking for their content so I can hate on them? Do I seek out their fans to belittle and mock them? Hard no to both. You know what I do when a group/idol I don't like comes up? I ignore them. I'm not interested. I don't care. So I ignore it bc I have nothing to say. If an idol starts getting on my nerves, I simply don't finish the video, vs hating on them. Why don't you just focus on what you enjoy so you can, gee, I don't know, enjoy it? Don't go around hating on people. Be kind or be quiet.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
saying "insert group are 4th gen leaders" is silly. first off, how do you define being the "leader?" sales? popularity? music? something else? but no matter how you define it, you can't say who the 4th gen leaders are. why? because we're still in 4th gen. it's not really fair to say bc we're still in that gen - there's more groups to come, more things for the current groups to do. a group that's currently a nugu group might suddenly skyrocket and become the "leaders." after that gen is over, then it's fair to start thinking abt who the leaders were. so if you were to say "snsd were 2nd gen leaders," i'd say okay! bc that gen is over. it's now fair and possible to look at all the groups and try to determine the leaders. same for 3rd and 1st gens. wait till the gen is over before you start deciding who led it. that'd be like saying which book in a series is the best before all of the books are written.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
ppl would've liked next level more if it just had a 5th chorus. what threw ppl off was the lack of a chorus between the 3rd verse and the bridge. if they had added another chorus in between the "watch me while i work it out" part and ningning's bridge, it would've felt more natural, and ppl wouldn't have complained abt the beat change so much.

najingter

Author
Website
Credits
Leeseo
Mia
Liz
Username Change
i swear i do not understand why ppl are happy if sihyeon gets more lines than mia. mia is the main vocalist, sihyeon is lead. if the company keeps doing this, for every comeback, wouldn't they be mistreating mia? you complain other members are being mistreated yet you yourself are mistreating mia???

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i swear i do not understand why ppl are happy if sihyeon gets more lines than mia. mia is the main vocalist, sihyeon is lead. if the company keeps doing this, for every comeback, wouldn't they be mistreating mia? you complain other members are being mistreated yet you yourself are mistreating mia???
they're probably happy bc mia usually gets a lot of lines, so they're glad that sihyeon gets more lines to show her vocals off. i think it's less out of hate for mia than it is love and appreciation for sihyeon. unless the person is just being hateful, ofc.

babyz

50% glitter 50% anxiety
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
I don't know if this is unpopular but it's about Jisoo's drama "Snowdrop" controversy. Non Koreans shouldn't have an opinion if the show must or must not be cancelled. If it makes Korean people uncomfortable, it's for a reason. This is their history and their memories. Human being > anything else. They're not trying to boycott any of your faves, it's not about them.

najingter

Author
Website
Credits
Leeseo
Mia
Liz
Username Change
they're probably happy bc mia usually gets a lot of lines, so they're glad that sihyeon gets more lines to show her vocals off. i think it's less out of hate for mia than it is love and appreciation for sihyeon. unless the person is just being hateful, ofc.
I was talking about haters- some of them r like "without her lines, Mia wouldn't even be noticed she has no stage presence" like tf but I get what u mean /nm /lh

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay I have 2 I would like to share, one very minor but the other bigger.

Minor one is I do not like when people try to assign positions to groups that already have positions (it's a little different with no position groups because there's no right or wrong positions in these cases so it's more subjective). Of course, people are allowed to prefer one dancer over another, or one vocalist over another, but discrediting those with main/lead positions thinking you just know better than the members of the group and the compant that trained them is kinda ridiculous. The companies don't give out positions willy-nilly, they have to think carefully about who's getting what based not only on talent but how well they can manage this position. THE WORST IS WHEN PEOPLE DO IT WITH LEADERS. How can you sit there and think to yourself you know who would be better suited to lead a group than the group themselves who trained together all this time. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes so how can you act like you know who'd be better at managing these people.

As for the second, I touched on it briefly in the comments of @sanasideup status, however I want to elaborate more here: I think the main reason people hate minors debuting is because they're jealous. Of course, the K-Pop industry is very cut-throat and ruthless so I do think a lot of people have genuine concern about under 18s entering the industry, but especially with other under 18s criticising the choices of these idols parents and the idols themselves, acting like they should be living a "normal life like everyone else", yeah ofc it's sad to think you "don't get a normal childhood" but are you sure there's not this feeling of "how come I'm sat in school struggling to make friends and feeling crappy about the way I look" and then seeing someone your age becoming internationally famous, with thousands of fans spending money on them, and they get to wear posh outfits and wear nice makeup and perform in fancy arenas. Like yeah it's normal but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than a normal life, and I think that might be a driving factor to why people hate it so much, even if these are subconcious thoughts

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Okay I have 2 I would like to share, one very minor but the other bigger.

Minor one is I do not like when people try to assign positions to groups that already have positions (it's a little different with no position groups because there's no right or wrong positions in these cases so it's more subjective). Of course, people are allowed to prefer one dancer over another, or one vocalist over another, but discrediting those with main/lead positions thinking you just know better than the members of the group and the compant that trained them is kinda ridiculous. The companies don't give out positions willy-nilly, they have to think carefully about who's getting what based not only on talent but how well they can manage this position. THE WORST IS WHEN PEOPLE DO IT WITH LEADERS. How can you sit there and think to yourself you know who would be better suited to lead a group than the group themselves who trained together all this time. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes so how can you act like you know who'd be better at managing these people.

As for the second, I touched on it briefly in the comments of @sanasideup status, however I want to elaborate more here: I think the main reason people hate minors debuting is because they're jealous. Of course, the K-Pop industry is very cut-throat and ruthless so I do think a lot of people have genuine concern about under 18s entering the industry, but especially with other under 18s criticising the choices of these idols parents and the idols themselves, acting like they should be living a "normal life like everyone else", yeah ofc it's sad to think you "don't get a normal childhood" but are you sure there's not this feeling of "how come I'm sat in school struggling to make friends and feeling crappy about the way I look" and then seeing someone your age becoming internationally famous, with thousands of fans spending money on them, and they get to wear posh outfits and wear nice makeup and perform in fancy arenas. Like yeah it's normal but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than a normal life, and I think that might be a driving factor to why people hate it so much, even if these are subconcious thoughts
I do feel jealous, a little, but I also feel bad because even though my life isn’t anything special, it’s calm and I get to do what I want. These kids don’t, they’re under the spotlight 24/7 and I actually just feel bad for them

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
people wouldn't hate bts' english releases half as much if someone else released them. it's good music, some kpop stans just hate bts and hate when they're happy

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I do feel jealous, a little, but I also feel bad because even though my life isn’t anything special, it’s calm and I get to do what I want. These kids don’t, they’re under the spotlight 24/7 and I actually just feel bad for them
Feeling bad for them is quite different to actually hating them debuting tho. Some people talk so strongly about it and show so much discontent about it when in reality it doesn’t effect them in the slightest. That’s why I think those people specifically have jealousy issues /nm