҉  Official Popular/Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I still don't understand why SuperM exists. No hate to the members but.....
I agree. IMO, SuperM should've been trainees from SM. In other words, not already debuted idols with successful careers. SuperM has good music (not looking at Jopping, though, cuz wtf???) but SM could've either given that music to other groups, or debuted all new boys. It's not fair to the trainees working their butts off to debut that already internationally successful guys got to debut again.

babyz

50% glitter 50% anxiety
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
I agree. IMO, SuperM should've been trainees from SM. In other words, not already debuted idols with successful careers. SuperM has good music (not looking at Jopping, though, cuz wtf???) but SM could've either given that music to other groups, or debuted all new boys. It's not fair to the trainees working their butts off to debut that already internationally successful guys got to debut again.
And the name is also very unoriginal? Cause it reminds me of Super Junior/Super Junior-M. Like it would make more sense to me if they were a special project group, not a permanent one. I love the members but the whole idea was meh.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
And the name is also very unoriginal? Cause it reminds me of Super Junior/Super Junior-M. Like it would make more sense to me if they were a special project group, not a permanent one. I love the members but the whole idea was meh.
yeah, it didn't even know they'd debuted (or were gonna be a thing at all) until a friend asked me if i'd heard jopping. when she said superm, i thought it was a super junior subunit, and i was like no? cuz i don't like suju? plus, it looks like sperm. almost every time without fail i misread it as sperm.

babyz

50% glitter 50% anxiety
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
yeah, it didn't even know they'd debuted (or were gonna be a thing at all) until a friend asked me if i'd heard jopping. when she said superm, i thought it was a super junior subunit, and i was like no? cuz i don't like suju? plus, it looks like sperm. almost every time without fail i misread it as sperm.
Don't like Suju neither *thumbs up* Agreed, and Kai too:

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
1. We should gatekeep kpop more. This is probably my most controversial opinion, but I don't mean it the way you probably think I do. The audacity of some kpop "fans" shocks me. Honestly, it's fans that owe idols and apology, not the other way around. The amount of unnecessary, excessive hatred given to idols is disgusting. Every fandom has gotten so toxic, so much more so than before. I've been a kpop stan since 2016, and every thing is so different. The older and more mature fans should call out the toxic and harmful fans. Don't interact with those people after letting them know that behavior isn't gonna fly. I hope that makes sense. I don't mean gatekeep as in don't let them enjoy kpop. I mean gatekeep as in stopping the toxicity, because, let's be honest, we've all played a part.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Gonna say this once & if you don’t agree with me, argue with the wall & it also makes you part of the problem.

Younger Kpop fans need to understand that Kpop does not have an age limit & anyone can enjoy Kpop. I’m so fucking tired of trying to get into groups with younger members like 2000-2005 age range, & as soon as I say “Oh, they’re cute!” I get sent death threats & people telling me I’m a pedophile. Kids these days throw words like pedophile around & don’t understand the meaning of it nor what it can do to someone that you’re accusing of.

Also this isn’t towards anyone here, only one user has ever called me that for no reason & they were dealt with.

It’s mostly fans on Twitter that act like that. But if you’re one of those people who thinks people over the age of 25 can’t enjoy Kpop then please get off the internet, go touch some grass or go get some help.​

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Gonna say this once & if you don’t agree with me, argue with the wall & it also makes you part of the problem.

Younger Kpop fans need to understand that Kpop does not have an age limit & anyone can enjoy Kpop. I’m so fucking tired of trying to get into groups with younger members like 2000-2005 age range, & as soon as I say “Oh, they’re cute!” I get sent death threats & people telling me I’m a pedophile. Kids these days throw words like pedophile around & don’t understand the meaning of it nor what it can do to someone that you’re accusing of.

Also this isn’t towards anyone here, only one user has ever called me that for no reason & they were dealt with.

It’s mostly fans on Twitter that act like that. But if you’re one of those people who thinks people over the age of 25 can’t enjoy Kpop then please get off the internet, go touch some grass or go get some help.​
Also at the same time minors ESPECIALLY need to stop acting like because they’re children they can be creepy towards idols - especially adults

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone here do it but recently I saw a tiktok of a 13 year old wanting to “smash” idols who were all 18+ internationally. Idc whether they meant something else or not that’s extremely creepy to be putting online not only are you a young teenager saying you want to have sex with adults but you’re sharing this with several people, both other adults and teens.

I stg it’s these same children who will tell adult kpop stans they’re pedophiles ✋

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Also at the same time minors ESPECIALLY need to stop acting like because they’re children they can be creepy towards idols - especially adults

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone here do it but recently I saw a tiktok of a 13 year old wanting to “smash” idols who were all 18+ internationally. Idc whether they meant something else or not that’s extremely creepy to be putting online not only are you a young teenager saying you want to have sex with adults but you’re sharing this with several people, both other adults and teens.

I stg it’s these same children who will tell adult kpop stans they’re pedophiles ✋
Omg yeah! I see that a lot on Twitter, 13-15 year olds talking about their 18+ biases & calling them “daddy” & how they want them to do “you know what” to them & it’s so disturbing, because like you said, those are the same minor fans calling adult fans pedophiles for liking a younger group.

At least with most adult Kpop fans, and I say most because I’ve seen some adult Kpop fans say the same thing like minor fans, we respect our biases & don’t talk about how we want to f*** them.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam

Omg yeah! I see that a lot on Twitter, 13-15 year olds talking about their 18+ biases & calling them “daddy” & how they want them to do “you know what” to them & it’s so disturbing, because like you said, those are the same minor fans calling adult fans pedophiles for liking a younger group.

At least with most adult Kpop fans, and I say most because I’ve seen some adult Kpop fans say the same thing like minor fans, we respect our biases & don’t talk about how we want to f*** them.

i agree sm with both of you. kpop is just like any other form of music - you're never too old to enjoy it. and let's be real - most of the toxicity is coming from younger fans, not older ones. what those ppl don't want to understand is that there's a huuuuuuuge difference is that's cute as in "i want to fk that," that's cute as in "i am actually attracted to that," and that's cute as in "i find that aesthetically pleasing and/or adorable in the same sense in which i would see a small puppy."

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
i agree sm with both of you. kpop is just like any other form of music - you're never too old to enjoy it. and let's be real - most of the toxicity is coming from younger fans, not older ones. what those ppl don't want to understand is that there's a huuuuuuuge difference is that's cute as in "i want to fk that," that's cute as in "i am actually attracted to that," and that's cute as in "i find that aesthetically pleasing and/or adorable in the same sense in which i would see a small puppy."
EXACTLY. Honestly, when I say a group or idol, whose usually born in 2000 or after, cute, I mean in the “adorable little brother” type & “I want to protect them at all costs” type. People are so weird & jump to conclusions these days.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari

Dude, I was just about to bring up minors having crushes on older men and women. Well guess what? You're a... the opposite of a pedophile, you darn minors
Because guess what, it goes both ways. Dw dad ily<3

emoyuna

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Overload
Gunil
L
Just because a group you anti does something problematic doesn't mean you can attack the fandom. Yeah sure, you might not like the fandom but it doesn't give you any reason to attack the fandom. At the end of the day, Every groups( yes even your favs) did something problematic it doesn't matter you like it or not, It's the truth

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Just because a group you anti does something problematic doesn't mean you can attack the fandom. Yeah sure, you might not like the fandom but it doesn't give you any reason to attack the fandom. At the end of the day, Every groups( yes even your favs) did something problematic it doesn't matter you like it or not, It's the truth
At the end of the day, it's likely that your groups have also done problematic things in the past, and you've reacted the same way. I agree!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
EXACTLY. Honestly, when I say a group or idol, whose usually born in 2000 or after, cute, I mean in the “adorable little brother” type & “I want to protect them at all costs” type. People are so weird & jump to conclusions these days.
THIS

I also hate when people say you can't call people cute because it's "babying". When I say something is cute it's because it's sweet and is warming my heart, not because I think it's childish and yes I know sometimes I describe things as "baby" which may sound hypocritical but I mean it in the same way, that it's sweet and happy... has no way of saving myself but what I'm trying to say I don't actually see the idol as a child child and if you do see your idols as children that's your issue

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
THIS

I also hate when people say you can't call people cute because it's "babying". When I say something is cute it's because it's sweet and is warming my heart, not because I think it's childish and yes I know sometimes I describe things as "baby" which may sound hypocritical but I mean it in the same way, that it's sweet and happy... has no way of saving myself but what I'm trying to say I don't actually see the idol as a child child and if you do see your idols as children that's your issue
Exactly! I’ll sometimes joke and say certain idols are “baby” but clearly I know they’re not. It’s just a joke between my friends & i & it’s really not that deep, but people like to make it deeper than it really is